Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Advice Please for a visitor

dublinminx

Hey Guys, Im coming to Miami from Ireland for the weekend 6/3-5. Space had listed Roger Sanchez as playing the Sat night, but I see its now changed and listed as Cedric's B'day bash. Can anyone tell me who Cedric is? What sort of tunes does he spin? Is it worth a trip? Anything else on that Fri or Sat worth checking out?

Thanks

if you're looking for something else do do, check out nocturnal...it's a brand new, very nice club and they have open bar from 11:00 - 1:00 (the drinks aren't watered down either)....it's right next to space....so you shouldn't have a problem hitting both...wink.gif .........click on my sig for more info.....:beer:

Check out Jask at BLUE on June 4th if you like deep and funky house music. It's a small lounge/bar with a very good vibe and people who know and love true house music. Or you can go to Nocturnal for Aquabooty on the patio.

But Nocturnal is also good on saturday nights. Stryke (techno, minimal and some house) is on the patio. The club is brand new and definitely worth checking out! :D

Cedric Gervais is a French dj. He used to be the resident at Crobar. Now he is at Space. He plays that very characteristic "big room" house sound (that also incorporates elements of tribal, electro and progressive) that is taking Miami by storm and consequently, everyone has jumped on the bandwagon.

It really all depends on what you like to hear in a club. If you are familiar with (and enjoy) dj's such as Francois K., Timmy Regisford, Joe Clausell, Danny Krivit, Marques Wyatt, Kamacho, Frankie Knuckles, Wally Callerio, Ben Watt and have ever experienced a Lazy Dog, Body & Soul or Soul Heaven party, you should pass by Angel on saturday night. It's still a very "underground" feel as the club has just recently re-opened (and is still off the beaten path). This party is called SoBeSoul. A similar party (SoulSimple) can be found at the Royal Bar on fridays.

If you like UK/progressive breaks, DO NOT miss the SOTU (Sounds of the Underground) party at Crobar's Attic on friday night. You can pm obby or joeysotu for more info (and guestlist).

And a wonderful place to start off your friday night on SoBe is the Chesterfield Hotel (on Collins Ave. between 8th and 9th St). James Startus, ALan Stenback and Soozin spin a variety of EDM from deep house to progressive and almost always have guest dj's as well. This is a very good locals meeting spot. :D

Thanks for the info guys. Ok so Ive only got 2 nights to really see Miami nightlife, what time do the different things get going? I hope to hit blue prob Fri. Sat not sure pre club? Any suggestions for bars etc? If I were to do Nocturnal and Space, what is the best time for both?

Thanks for the info guys. Ok so Ive only got 2 nights to really see Miami nightlife, what time do the different things get going? I hope to hit blue prob Fri. Sat not sure pre club? Any suggestions for bars etc? If I were to do Nocturnal and Space, what is the best time for both?

Definitely after 2 or 3am for the downtown clubs. On saturday BLUE will probably be quite busy by around 1ish. The Chesterfield gets started early (7'ish). If you are on any guestlists, those usually close at midnight (or 1am on very few occasions). :D