Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EdgarV/Nocturnal

sgtfury

sometimes this board really surprises me. regardless of whether i agree with some opinions, ive always admired people who speak thier mind and say it like it is. with that being said-

Come on guys! i have absolutely no vested interest to kiss anyone's ass in the miami clubbing industry. so i will say whats on my mind. edgar v started his long awaited afterhours residency in miami last saturday. A RESIDENCY IN A MAIN ROOM. AND THEY CUT THE MUSIC OFF AFTER 90 MINUTES TO CROWD THE PATIO???..

do you know whats that called- its called cutting a Djs balls off. how in the fuck can u build something if they cut the music off the first night?...especially if the dj before killed the crowd.

i dont think ive heard edgar spin since NYE 2002 at space. i do know that he deserves a shit load more respect than that. i cant fathom that only a couple people will speak up about it...

HOWEVER- IM GIVING NOCTURNAL ONE MORE CHANCE-

AND , BTW- IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS POST- FUCK OFF! :splat:

Edgar's first night at the club wasnt what we expected. We're still working out the kinks in the venue. Please be patient ! Edgar's residency will surely be a great one, it just takes some time to build!

Edgar's first night at the club wasnt what we expected. We're still working out the kinks in the venue. Please be patient ! Edgar's residency will surely be a great one, it just takes some time to build!

"If you build it, they will come!" :D

so...........just a little question...............

how do u build a residency by cutting off the resident to "fill" another part of the club. ?????

I would have to say it is analogous to building a dam. First you have to displace the water to lay the foundations. Then the dam will support the weight of the displaced water on its own. You know what I mean? :D

i agree with you 100% that is total BS but IMO that is the kind of non-sense that has happened to EV before as well. he gets mad respect when it comes to touring and the out of town gigs but when it comes to Miami, he doesn't get the respect that he is due. the guy frifgin tours with PVD for christ sake. like WTF happened at Ultra this year. no name on the flyer and then no time slot at all. i mean he is one of the town favorites and deserves a good time slot - not at 3 in the afternoon or at the same time PVD is on the main stage. he gets mad love from his local peeps and outta towners! this is where i think his management should step in and represent their talent! it's their job to make sure stuff like that doesn't go down. just my 2 cents.

what happened on saturday was in no way meant to be any kind of disrespect to Edgar V. He was put in the smaller room to try and create some sort of a vibe with the small amount of people that were present. If we didnt respect Edgars talent we wouldnt have made him one of our residents!

what happened on saturday was in no way meant to be any kind of disrespect to Edgar V. He was put in the smaller room to try and create some sort of a vibe with the small amount of people that were present. If we didnt respect Edgars talent we wouldnt have made him one of our residents!

so can u give us some sort of insight as to what happened on that nite so the rumors are killed....

Honestly, there were 20 people in the main room by the time Edgar had gone on, it would have been silly to play to a room like that, when he was supposed to play the main room. What was done was done for a reason for the best interest of eveyrone involved. It seems that everyone is missing the one important detail. They closed that room because it was devoid of a crowd. As usual there was lack of support for local djs, and its a damn shame that there werent more people there. If the people in this city really put their money where their mouth was, both of those rooms would have been packed. People will pay 50 bucks to see Tenaglia, or wait in line for 3 hours to go see Howells, or deep dish but god forbid you go through a little bullshit to go see your favorate local. People are spoiled, you got fucking amazing people that play here every week, and all we do is bitch about little stupid things.

Edgar had support from the people who really know what an amazing DJ he is. I woke up at 2:30 in the morning and headed to Nocturnal to make sure I would listen to him, and for the hour and a half that he played, it was amazing!

All I know, is that no matter how you put it, to me, it really sucked that they cut him off so early. I can be sure, that if the patio had the same amount of people, they would have still stayed open. I know it takes a little while to build up something, but I, and I am sure everyone else who was there on Sat, are sick and tired of having these things happen to edgar here in Miami. He is one of the most incredible and versatile DJs I have heard, and I think he deserves more of a chance to be heard instead of either being cut off early or not allowed to played at all. Very few DJs can spin different types of genres flawlessly like he does. I was PISSED OFF on Saturday, and I really hope it never happens again.

Edgar had support from the people who really know what an amazing DJ he is. I woke up at 2:30 in the morning and headed to Nocturnal to make sure I would listen to him, and for the hour and a half that he played, it was amazing!

All I know, is that no matter how you put it, to me, it really sucked that they cut him off so early. I can be sure, that if the patio had the same amount of people, they would have still stayed open. I know it takes a little while to build up something, but I, and I am sure everyone else who was there on Sat, are sick and tired of having these things happen to edgar here in Miami. He is one of the most incredible and versatile DJs I have heard, and I think he deserves more of a chance to be heard instead of either being cut off early or not allowed to played at all. Very few DJs can spin different types of genres flawlessly like he does. I was PISSED OFF on Saturday, and I really hope it never happens again.

tell em sistah !! :bowdown::bowdown:

Spin the wheel! what is the point of having a staff (bartenders, bouncers, etc) and a DJ in place if the room is not somewhat full?? apparently the patio was pretty full, or I'm sure they would have closed that early as well. Edgar played; he had the same core of support he usually has and well deserves. unfortunately those loyalists are not enough...

the question is what will; Nocturnal do to help make Edgar's residency a success.

Spin the wheel! what is the point of having a staff (bartenders, bouncers, etc) and a DJ in place if the room is not somewhat full?? apparently the patio was pretty full, or I'm sure they would have closed that early as well. Edgar played; he had the same core of support he usually has and well deserves. unfortunately those loyalists are not enough...

the question is what will; Nocturnal do to help make Edgar's residency a success.

promote him more, make him start earlier, make him not start after some crappy guy. give him a great opener... give him groove eric!

promote him more, make him start earlier, make him not start after some crappy guy. give him a great opener... give him groove eric!
NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!

I would be there front and center every freaking week, I honestly can say that is the only way I will be at Nocturnal every Saturday night!!!!!!

Bring Eric to Nocturnal :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Edgar is a "TRANCE DJ" so he needs a "TRANCE DJ" to open for him..........................not a House or whatever other music DJ to open before him of course it will kill the vibe!!!!

Get a Trance DJ there you will have the Crowd that is supposed to be there from the Begininng and TRUST ME with Eric as an opener the room will not clear!!!!

And you can Quote me on that;)!!!!