Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EdgarV/Nocturnal

sgtfury

Guest saleen351
Back to the topic at hand. In my opinion, if Nocturnal is planning to have Stryke and Edgar V. on the same night, I would think Edgar would be better from 11-4 and Stryke for afterhours, regardless of whether it's main room or patio. The "open format" room should be left to hip-hop or alternative and maybe close early. :D

edgar 11-4?????????? are you fucking nuts??? Tai Entertainement is in that slot... Edgar and vip don't go together..

edgar 11-4?????????? are you fucking nuts??? Tai Entertainement is in that slot... Edgar and vip don't go together..

the TAI crowd will definatly need a dj that can play alot of remixes of popular songs and vocals. the vip crowd loves that when they hear a song they know the words to.

Of course I'm nuts. Being normal is no fun... :D

But seriously, I think Nocturnal is heading in the right direction. Many people attended the opening nights (13-14 May) and were quick to form a negative opinion. One thing that many people do not realize is that Nocturnal is NOT competing with Space in the music department, dj line-ups or club layout. If they were, that would be the best way to fail miserably and disappear into oblivion. We all had complaints about the opening weekend at Nocturnal. Those of us who went back for another dose a week later, came up with more complaints and even some ideas.

Above all, those of us who have spent the last 2 years complaining about the monotony and stale nature of Miami's nightlife need to realize that we have been given an alternative. And not a shabby one at that! All of a sudden, local dj's and promoting groups that were previously chugging along with their own parties (quite successfully) have been given an amazing opportunity to entertain a larger audience whether in the main room, on the patio, or in the smaller indoor room. So I ask myself the following question: where were all of these "open minded" people when Edgar was spinning? Where were they when Stryke was spinning? Many ask for variety but only the kind of variety that so closely resembles the track selections of Cedric or Oscar or Ivano or Stephan Luke or Ralph Falcon. They just want to hear a different dj play the same sound. That is fine by me. They are entitled to listen to anything they want but then they should not have the audacity to ask for "something different", when in fact, they mean "something different but almost exactly alike."

On May 13th, many people (who had never attended an Aquabooty event) converged on Nocturnal to get a glimpse of the newly opened club. 99% of these "newbies" reported that the music sucked and is better suited for a lounge or living room. They were faced with the prospect of listening to something different and they panicked. I admit that it wasn't one of Aquabooty's more memorable nights (but my frame of reference is previous Aquabooty events and not afterhours on the Space patio). However, Aquabooty events feature headliners (a dj other than the resident) 99% of the time. And, as a bonus, they're headliners that some people have never heard of. To me, that's different. It's innovative, it's creative and admittedly, it's not for everyone.

My point with this whole tirade is that it seems as though many of those who are so desperately asking for something different are either not willing to go out and support when something different is available or they show up, only to complain that it's just not the same and they would have liked it better if...blah...blah...blah."

I wish these people good luck in seeking out the "different" sound that they've asked for. :D

Of course I'm nuts. Being normal is no fun... :D

But seriously, I think Nocturnal is heading in the right direction. Many people attended the opening nights (13-14 May) and were quick to form a negative opinion. One thing that many people do not realize is that Nocturnal is NOT competing with Space in the music department, dj line-ups or club layout. If they were, that would be the best way to fail miserably and disappear into oblivion. We all had complaints about the opening weekend at Nocturnal. Those of us who went back for another dose a week later, came up with more complaints and even some ideas.

Above all, those of us who have spent the last 2 years complaining about the monotony and stale nature of Miami's nightlife need to realize that we have been given an alternative. And not a shabby one at that! All of a sudden, local dj's and promoting groups that were previously chugging along with their own parties (quite successfully) have been given an amazing opportunity to entertain a larger audience whether in the main room, on the patio, or in the smaller indoor room. So I ask myself the following question: where were all of these "open minded" people when Edgar was spinning? Where were they when Stryke was spinning? Many ask for variety but only the kind of variety that so closely resembles the track selections of Cedric or Oscar or Ivano or Stephan Luke or Ralph Falcon. They just want to hear a different dj play the same sound. That is fine by me. They are entitled to listen to anything they want but then they should not have the audacity to ask for "something different", when in fact, they mean "something different but almost exactly alike."

On May 13th, many people (who had never attended an Aquabooty event) converged on Nocturnal to get a glimpse of the newly opened club. 99% of these "newbies" reported that the music sucked and is better suited for a lounge or living room. They were faced with the prospect of listening to something different and they panicked. I admit that it wasn't one of Aquabooty's more memorable nights (but my frame of reference is previous Aquabooty events and not afterhours on the Space patio). However, Aquabooty events feature headliners (a dj other than the resident) 99% of the time. And, as a bonus, they're headliners that some people have never heard of. To me, that's different. It's innovative, it's creative and admittedly, it's not for everyone.

My point with this whole tirade is that it seems as though many of those who are so desperately asking for something different are either not willing to go out and support when something different is available or they show up, only to complain that it's just not the same and they would have liked it better if...blah...blah...blah."

I wish these people good luck in seeking out the "different" sound that they've asked for. :D

Not much to add ... except that as Dave G mentioned above ... if the target audience (and one that spends the most $$) and promoters are for that "A" list/wannabees then the music format has to be adapted to that crowd.

I haven't heard Cedric at Space. I did numerous times at Opium, Nikki Beach and of course Crobar, where his formula was playing the same songs over and over and over, week after week ... to please the crowds. They sure had fun.

The problem for Nocturnal is on Saturdays ... and being completely sarcastic ... is that the crowd they are targetting needs a jukebox, not a DJ.

Whatever happened to Felix dhc?

Not much to add ... except that as Dave G mentioned above ... if the target audience (and one that spends the most $$) and promoters are for that "A" list/wannabees then the music format has to be adapted to that crowd.

I haven't heard Cedric at Space. I did numerous times at Opium, Nikki Beach and of course Crobar, where his formula was playing the same songs over and over and over, week after week ... to please the crowds. They sure had fun.

The problem for Nocturnal is on Saturdays ... and being completely sarcastic ... is that the crowd they are targetting needs a jukebox, not a DJ.

Whatever happened to Felix dhc?

felix sucked last time he was at prive and the vip crowd hated him. he played some really weird stuff and did not play those funky remixes that made him famous.

felix sucked last time he was at prive and the vip crowd hated him. he played some really weird stuff and did not play those funky remixes that made him famous.

just like whoever it was that went on before edgar last week .. OMG that guy was terrible .. :yuck:

i think i had like 5 redbull vodcas and i still couldnt get into the music .. :laugh: please dgrutman .. dont bring that guy back ever !!

i am not i am talking about felix. bling even attended(i have no idea how he got in though, the frenchys must have been sleeping) his last performance at prive and he can tell you that he played like shit. when we had him in the garden a year earlier he played so many cool michael jackson remixes and funky songs i thought he would be perfect for prive. he was a total failure. thats why for the vip crowd you really do not need to bring in a huge talent. chicco, pedro, stephan luke and even ani are great dj's for that vip crowd.

Guest saleen351
i am not i am talking about felix. bling even attended(i have no idea how he got in though, the frenchys must have been sleeping) his last performance at prive and he can tell you that he played like shit. when we had him in the garden a year earlier he played so many cool michael jackson remixes and funky songs i thought he would be perfect for prive. he was a total failure. thats why for the vip crowd you really do not need to bring in a huge talent. chicco, pedro, stephan luke and even ani are great dj's for that vip crowd.

come on dave, lets be honest here, we all know you guys are currently trying to get your hands on some space level djs for mansion.. From time to time you need street cred in the muisc dept...

Noc is fucking up big time, there is 6 or so jocks that could pack that club right now, but NOC seems to think not competing with space is a good idea. As for being different like phillpio said, remember privliage?? how about nerve?

How to fix noc issues are easy, but I ain't posting it.. it's so simple, but NOC seems to think Dave ralph is gonna pack them in. They need a core crowd then bring in the lesser known jocks.

come on dave, lets be honest here, we all know you guys are currently trying to get your hands on some space level djs for mansion.. From time to time you need street cred in the muisc dept...

Noc is fucking up big time, there is 6 or so jocks that could pack that club right now, but NOC seems to think not competing with space is a good idea. As for being different like phillpio said, remember privliage?? how about nerve?

How to fix noc issues are easy, but I ain't posting it.. it's so simple, but NOC seems to think Dave ralph is gonna pack them in. They need a core crowd then bring in the lesser known jocks.

yes its true we will have a few space like dj's in the future. we do feel once in a while it is good to bring in some different sound. we will never be a music focused club though, sure we will have great music but we will not base our marketing on a space or crobar dj platform. what those dj's like about us is they can play space and us and it will be two different crowds.

Nicely put Trancewhore! I agree with you 100% Edgar deserves a lot more respect then what is being offered to him in his own town... Ultra was b/s!

Regardless, Edgar you da man!! Hope all works out at Nocturnal you deserve it!

That's friggin sweet. Yo phil, are you going for Osunlade?

Well I was supposed to leave for Europe last night but the flight got cancelled so I'm leaving today. I won't be back for a month. That means I will miss: Dimitri @ Nocturnal, Derrick Carter @ Gryphon (or alternatively Mark Farina at HPC Tampa), Andy Caldwell @ Blue and Delux, Jask @ Blue, Osunlade @ Nocturnal... :mad:

My grand return shall be celebrated when Johnny Fiasco annihilates BLUE!!! :getdown::hoparound

but NOC seems to think Dave ralph is gonna pack them in. They need a core crowd then bring in the lesser known jocks.

Not for nothing, but i went to crobar at least 2-3 times to see Dave Ralph and it was paaaacked each time... i wonder if he'll pack em' in at NOC??? I like DR - he was fantastic all the times I've seen him!

Not for nothing, but i went to crobar at least 2-3 times to see Dave Ralph and it was paaaacked each time... i wonder if he'll pack em' in at NOC??? I like DR - he was fantastic all the times I've seen him!

What's your point? I mean who asked you anyway? :D

Guest saleen351
yes its true we will have a few space like dj's in the future. we do feel once in a while it is good to bring in some different sound. we will never be a music focused club though, sure we will have great music but we will not base our marketing on a space or crobar dj platform. what those dj's like about us is they can play space and us and it will be two different crowds.

it's called thanking your regulars by booking a huge act or dj... Dave I know the game, I run the game, I am the game! :D

anyways, I know who you are bringing in or atleast trying to, not my fav dj, but you'll pack them in for sure... good luck....

btw Dave, why don't you book edgar v??? he he...

it's called thanking your regulars by booking a huge act or dj... Dave I know the game, I run the game, I am the game! :D

anyways, I know who you are bringing in or atleast trying to, not my fav dj, but you'll pack them in for sure... good luck....

btw Dave, why don't you book edgar v??? he he...

I don't know why people say Nick isn't funny. I find him to be quite hilarious at times! :D