Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Oakenfold, Liquid Todd, Hernan Cattaneo, Denny Tsettos

Guest saleen351

Not to disrespect anyone especially Denny Tssettos, but Paul Oakenfold, Liquid Todd, Hernan Cattaneo make Denny look like a welfare case. :)

Denny is not at that level. These guys are international stars the get $10K to $20K a gig. Compared to Denny's $750 to $1,500 per gig.

I like Denny also but the truth is truth it's not about being over rated it's about who fills up the venue 5k to 10k strong at 30 and 40 dollars a ticket.

When these guys play it's like a concert event. :bounce:

EVER HEAR OF "EXIT" IN NYC

FALL / WINTER 99/00

What I liked about him the most was he was having fun......thats all that really matters. And he played some good tunes. His mixes were not that great......I thought Tommyboy was there or something yesterday??

Why would you give a fuck if the DJ is having a good time?

Why would you give a fuck if the DJ is having a good time?

well if you see a dj havin a good time in the booth then you know He/She is into it and goin to do there best and have a good time. i love when djs can rock it in the booth and have a great time. when a dj just sits there and presses play and not talk to anyone then people get a bad vibe off Him/Her and will not be into the mixes just like when david morales played at deko. he was in a shitty mood and didnt play for the crowd or anything. he didnt even want to be there. just put some records on, pushed play and got his money. i do not like djs like that at all. but that is my opinion.

Z

well if you see a dj havin a good time in the booth then you know He/She is into it and goin to do there best and have a good time. i love when djs can rock it in the booth and have a great time. when a dj just sits there and presses play and not talk to anyone then people get a bad vibe off Him/Her and will not be into the mixes just like when david morales played at deko. he was in a shitty mood and didnt play for the crowd or anything. he didnt even want to be there. just put some records on, pushed play and got his money. i do not like djs like that at all. but that is my opinion.

Z

exactly

EVER HEAR OF "EXIT" IN NYC

FALL / WINTER 99/00

Of course I remember exit in nyc. Was that the club that changed name like 5 times. Is that the biggest club Denny T played? I don'i think so.

Oakenfold is a bit washed up he only really made it big when he was the opening act for U2 during the Zooroppa World Tour. Following that he did have a 2 year residency at cream in london. Which got him in to the guiness book of world records as the most successful DJ. That's the truth look it up. For all the locals that have never left the jersey scene.

As for Liquid Todd his radio show Soild State on 92.3 K-Rock is a great show alot of great music is played on that show. As far as DJ skilld I couldn't tell you because I have never seen him play live. But the music played on soild state i probably better then some of the cheesy horns, and cynths anthems that are played in jersey clubs. It like a progressive form of late 80's early 90's freestyle music.

I like Denny T he is one NJ's best and it's great to see his name in a line up like that. I guess the best way for Denny to get his name international scene is to start producing. Really that's the only way most of this International superstar DJ's became big.

I got a good example for you in the world more people know Robbie Rivera then Denny T. Denny plays better then Robbie in his sleep, but why is Robbie more famous because of his producing. That's just the way the industry works.

Guest saleen351

We just have signed on to play Club Space, Miami..... This is the second time Denny is playing Space.

www.clubspace.com

*if you have never been to space, then you have never been clubbing..

Details will drop after the July 4th weekend... Or keep an eye out on his site for the updates.

www.dennytsettosmusic.com

why do you give a fuck that I gave a fuck???

I'm just asking. Honestly, as long as whoever is the DJ plays some songs I like, I'm happy. The best nights I ever had at Factory, I can't remember JP change his expression once. I don't know if he was having a good time, cracked out of his mind, or treating it like any of us treats our jobs, but I had a good time because I loved the music and the people I was with.

You said that "all that matters" is that the DJ is enjoying himself, and I was just wondering why. Sorry if that is such a bother.

Not to disrespect anyone especially Denny Tssettos, but Paul Oakenfold, Liquid Todd, Hernan Cattaneo make Denny look like a welfare case. :)

Denny is not at that level. These guys are international stars the get $10K to $20K a gig. Compared to Denny's $750 to $1,500 per gig.

I like Denny also but the truth is truth it's not about being over rated it's about who fills up the venue 5k to 10k strong at 30 and 40 dollars a ticket.

i completly agree with you :devil: and you guys have to see Hernan Cattaneo asap this dude is awsome :rock:

Guest saleen351

Well now, i'm going to give you a reality check and an eduction..

First off, Denny makes way more money than that, I should know, I've booked some of his gigs, and all his gigs in Miami, the house capital of the US.

Okenfold got paid 80 grand to spin at a club here, called NV. The club was not packed and not full. House djs don't draw like they use to in the US, thus you have to build party and have a exsisting core crowd to be succesful. Thus why this Nikki beach thing appeals to a broader audience and having Denny gets them the NJ crowd.. It's a smart booking for Nikki to include Denny, they need him.

And the only dj who gets over 10k in this post is okenfold.. I've seen okenfold spin, I"ve been in the booth when has has spun, mad talent, but he's lazy and doesn't give a damm anymore..

Club Space doesn't book chumps nor does Nocturnal and Amika...

See for yourself:

www.amikamiami.com

www.nocturnalmiami.com

attachment.php?attachmentid=40100&stc=1

Well now, i'm going to give you a reality check and an eduction..

First off, Denny makes way more money than that, I should know, I've booked some of his gigs, and all his gigs in Miami, the house capital of the US.

Okenfold got paid 80 grand to spin at a club here, called NV. The club was not packed and not full. House djs don't draw like they use to in the US, thus you have to build party and have a exsisting core crowd to be succesful. Thus why this Nikki beach thing appeals to a broader audience and having Denny gets them the NJ crowd.. It's a smart booking for Nikki to include Denny, they need him.

And the only dj who gets over 10k in this post is okenfold.. I've seen okenfold spin, I"ve been in the booth when has has spun, mad talent, but he's lazy and doesn't give a damm anymore..

Club Space doesn't book chumps nor does Nocturnal and Amika...

See for yourself:

www.amikamiami.com

www.nocturnalmiami.com

attachment.php?attachmentid=40100&stc=1

Isn't the US capital of house Chicago wasn't that where house was born.

Or maybee Detroit I not sure about which city. I know Portugal is the house capital of the world. Miami I think is the queer capital. Too many adam & steves there. Sick :ghey:

I wish Denny all the best and I am happy that he still doing his thing. God Bless .... I had alot of great times when i saw him. I like it when he plays deep house not that commerical 103.5 KTU crap that I call cheese horns and sythns..please don't play tim rex's relentless or razor and guido's do it again that's like 7 years old. Just play deep and dark. :bowdown:

Or maybee Detroit I not sure about which city. I know Portugal is the house capital of the world. Miami I think is the queer capital. Too many adam & steves there. Sick :ghey:

I wish Denny all the best and I am happy that he still doing his thing. God Bless .... I had alot of great times when i saw him. I like it when he plays deep house not that commerical 103.5 KTU crap that I call cheese horns and sythns..please don't play tim rex's relentless or razor and guido's do it again that's like 7 years old. Just play deep and dark. :bowdown:

denny is good but hes not the greates :hey: wake up and look arround, you guys talk about giving other people oportunities but it seems to me that for some people denny is "God" :itsok: but hey we all can agree on one thing MUSIC RULES! :hat:

Guest saleen351

You appear to know little about house muisc. First off if Denny played dark and deep at Space, he'll get kicked off the decks and will never get booked again. There is a scene here for deep house, it's called aqua booty here in miami.

www.aquabooty.com , ever friday on the nocturnal patio

As for do it again, denny dropped it the first time he played space and after the owner heard the reveiws, they invited him back. It's not about playing a certain track, it's about knowing WHEN to play a certain track. As for the relentless thing that comes up it's too funny... reality is Denny knows what he is doing and no other NJ dj plays Space, except HCCR and EM. In fact, HCCR is playing june 18 for his first headline, this is Denny's second..

As for "ktu cheese" it's a radio station, not a club...

ps, book a flight, come to space...

I'll comp you...

You appear to know little about house muisc. First off if Denny played dark and deep at Space, he'll get kicked off the decks and will never get booked again. There is a scene here for deep house, it's called aqua booty here in miami.

www.aquabooty.com , ever friday on the nocturnal patio

As for do it again, denny dropped it the first time he played space and after the owner heard the reveiws, they invited him back. It's not about playing a certain track, it's about knowing WHEN to play a certain track. As for the relentless thing that comes up it's too funny... reality is Denny knows what he is doing and no other NJ dj plays Space, except HCCR and EM. In fact, HCCR is playing june 18 for his first headline, this is Denny's second..

As for "ktu cheese" it's a radio station, not a club...

ps, book a flight, come to space...

I'll comp you...

Listen Don King Saleen you keep degrading Denny T are you sure you are his agent. So your saying that if Denny drops a deep, dark,and dirty track at Space he will get kicked off the decks well my brother you just answered my question. Denny should be able to play what he wants if he's a superstar DJ like every steriod meathead and trailer park trash bimbos claims so but by your misrepresentation, your telling me he's a NJ small time has been.

I CAN'T BELEIVE DENNY T DROPPED THAT TRACK @ SPACE "DO IT AGAIN"

HELL HE MIGHT AS WELL SHOULD OF DROPPED THE YMCA ALL NITE.

KEEP OF THE CHEESE YOU HAS BEENS.... :vomit2:

Listen Don King Saleen you keep degrading Denny T are you sure you are his agent. So your saying that if Denny drops a deep, dark,and dirty track at Space he will get kicked off the decks well my brother you just answered my question. Denny should be able to play what he wants if he's a superstar DJ like every steriod meathead and trailer park trash bimbos claims so but by your misrepresentation, your telling me he's a NJ small time has been.

HHAHAHAH :punch: LOVING IT ! :bowdown:

Guest saleen351

denny can play what he wants? thats called being an out of work dj... A dj plays for the crowd.. before any dj plays space, you must have a great resume and most times space wants a demo to screen you.

ps, he played the build up, not do it again... my mistake

I'm sorry but you are an idiot.....you speak as if you haven't read a thing. I have nothing to do with any of this other than reading and posting my thoughts!!!! And I don't see where Saleen was degrading Denny one bit......actually if you get your hooked on phonics book out and read his post again it seems more like Saleen is stating what he knows about space..........and that Denny knows when to play something, and when not to....You on the other hand are trying to speak as if your informed about something when in reality you come out sounding like a 16yr old!!!!

Does anyone know when tickets will be made available for this event? Is there even a flyer yet with a list of all DJ's.

Is the set-up similar to Nikki Beach in Miami in which we can rent the cabanas for the day?

Ahimsa, Let Me Just Say, The Only Reason For My Last Post Was Because I Do Not See Any Reason Why You Were Jumping Down Saleens Throat........you Said You Were A Fan Of Denny, Or Liked Him, Or Whatever, But Then You're The One Putting Him Down And Saying He Shouldn't Be In The Line Up, But Then You Accused Saleen Of Degrading Him, Which He Didn't.....you Make No Sense I'm Sorry..............

Saleen Explained Everything Very Clearly With Several Resources To Back Him Up.......i Also Believe That Saleen Has An Extreme Amount Of Knowledge In The Industry And Connections.......basically He Has The Credentials To Make His Statments.......who Are You And What Is Your Backround Other Than Going Out????? Just A Question!!!!

Does anyone know when tickets will be made available for this event? Is there even a flyer yet with a list of all DJ's.

Is the set-up similar to Nikki Beach in Miami in which we can rent the cabanas for the day?

it is not exaclty like the miami set up but you can rent beds that are out in the open and opium beds which require a one bottle min. i know i said in the past it was a two bottle min but that was my mistake.

Z

denny is good but hes not the greates :hey: wake up and look arround, you guys talk about giving other people oportunities but it seems to me that for some people denny is "God" :itsok: but hey we all can agree on one thing MUSIC RULES! :hat:

maybe to you denny is not great. personally i think he is. i heard him many times at all differnt spots. i am only 24 years old and i been hearing denny since i have been starting my clubbin days so to me he is a great dj. i could care less about any of these world-known djs. thats just the way i feel. everyone has there own tastes in music and dj's.

Z

denny can play what he wants? thats called being an out of work dj... A dj plays for the crowd.. before any dj plays space, you must have a great resume and most times space wants a demo to screen you.

ps, he played the build up, not do it again... my mistake

my bad saleen i didn't mean to jump down your throat I understand what your saying.... but come on i think Denny can get gigs overseas like in ibiza, england, spain etc...but if he continues to play ktu cheese crap that's no good i know he doesn't play it all nite but he'll drop 3-4 tracks of cheese a nite with them bitch vocals and cheezy horns. what a dj has to understand is that the people want to learn and hear new banging tracks not crap they hear on the way to work on the radio.

It's like one minute he's blowing your mind away with a great track then he goes into some form of cheese. :dj: