Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nice DJ set up

You guys are all wrong about that effect on the CDJ. I was trying to figure it out for the longest since I got my CDJ almost a year ago. I had a friend of mine show me how to do it, it's quite simple actually.

All you do is loop what ever you want to loop. Once you got the loop you want push the loop out button again and it will blink.

That allows you to shorten or extend the loop time by turning the jog wheel clockwise the extend or counter clock to shorten.

Try it and you will get exactly what you are talking about. This only works on The CDJ's 800's or 1000's no other units have that option.

Now that I told you all the secret, I have to kill you all.

LOL

Madness

BTW - That setup is better then some clubs I have played in.

I Want One :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are all wrong about that effect on the CDJ. I was trying to figure it out for the longest since I got my CDJ almost a year ago. I had a friend of mine show me how to do it, it's quite simple actually.

All you do is loop what ever you want to loop. Once you got the loop you want push the loop out button again and it will blink.

That allows you to shorten or extend the loop time by turning the jog wheel clockwise the extend or counter clock to shorten.

Try it and you will get exactly what you are talking about. This only works on The CDJ's 800's or 1000's no other units have that option.

Now that I told you all the secret, I have to kill you all.

LOL

Madness

yeah dude i messed my pants at work... that is a sweet setup.. thanks for the info.. i now have to go and buy one..

any other 800 vs. 1200 comparisons???

i was debating on whether to get final scratch or a cd deck but i think im just gonna go with a cd deck... more shit is included..

the 800 is really all you need unless you're gonna start hookin' into the computer or something crazy that you wouldnt normally do while dj'ing.

i got 800's and love 'em and when i use 1000/1200 at clubs i really dont see the need for all the bells and whistles.

The Vestax CDX-05 has a similar option with their loop function, but it works a little differently.. still lets you get some crazy effects out of it when the loop gets really tight..

I know exactly what you're talking about now that you mention it this way.. (would have said that initially if I had heard the effect these guys were talking about..)

hell yeah his set up is better then 90 % of clubs I have throw parties at ...lol

pretty sad huh ...

he takes hi sshit very serious.......come see @ spiderlcub next week 5 to 7 slot

I love a good set up ...makes me want to be a dj ...lol

i tried doing it on my friends numark and sampled the lyric and then i was fucking with the pitch (the pitch on the numark goes up to+/-100) but it sounded like ass.. ehh does anybody know what it is i saw??[/quote]

You saw magic my friend.

dope set up, intrested on what type of material he used for the table......what he could do if he was gonna get some table top cds players is make something to hang them over the turntables with kinda like what they had in the sf basement....doesnt really matter he has a denon i can see in the corner so there really isnt a reason to upgrade

I recently put together a little bedroom setup in my house. I was a little torn between the CDJ 1000s and the Denon DN-S5000s, but after using both, I felt more comfortable with both the feel and the features of the Denons. I just got my entire setup coffined. What I have so far are two technics 1210MK2s, a rane MP24, two Denon DNS-5000s, Sony MDR-V600 headphones, two Crown XLS 602s, a Pyle PADH-152 monitor, and two Peavey Clubsys 6s. I've debated getting a sampler and an EFX for a long time, but I guess it's time to get them.

dope set up, intrested on what type of material he used for the table......what he could do if he was gonna get some table top cds players is make something to hang them over the turntables with kinda like what they had in the sf basement....doesnt really matter he has a denon i can see in the corner so there really isnt a reason to upgrade

he had the gusy from love music in new rochelle build the console..

i think they use wood covered with formica (sp) or a type of metal platign of sort..

the guy over there MARIO does great work and very reasionable pricing...

if you check um out ...tell um VINNY RUE sent you ...

i like the denon's alot better then the pioneers, the pioneers have no pitch bend so its a lil harder mixing with them then the denons but i did find the pioneers looper is a lil easier to use

The Pioneers do have pitch bending capabilities just not in the form of buttons. I personally prefer using the jog dial to bend the pitch rather than buttons.

i know those guys very well angelo fecci prob built it......i only used the pioneers 2x and didnt have time to get to know em honestly i would take denons any day of the week but thats my prefrence

POSSIBLY...I KNWO LAST TIME i WAS THERE....i SPOKE WITH MARIO ....BUT MAYBE HE HAS ANGELO DO IT ......NOT SURE ...

LOVE LUV MUSIC ...

REMEMBER ANGELO'S HEAD RUSH CD'S ..THOS EWERE SOME BANGERS...

POSSIBLY...I KNWO LAST TIME i WAS THERE....i SPOKE WITH MARIO ....BUT MAYBE HE HAS ANGELO DO IT ......NOT SURE ...

LOVE LUV MUSIC ...

REMEMBER ANGELO'S HEAD RUSH CD'S ..THOS EWERE SOME BANGERS...

lol head rush 36 lol angelo usually builds em i think mario just prices em out, there all good guys over there mark, ang, mario and mario guys are mad cool havent seen em in a while cuz they really werent gettin the type of stuff im playin now in stock

where would be the best place to start if you have an increasing desire to learn about setting up Dj equipment? Also if you wanted to learn about all the differnet components, what their functions are, and over all which are the best and industry leading brands..

Cant see the pics:

What do you guys think of this set up?

14.jpg

8.jpg

eh, those technics cd decks aren't all that, and I don't like how they're set up all the way to the left of the mixer like that. but those TT's are nuts. I'm sure the sound is amazing in that booth as well.