Clubplanet Nightlife Community

nice DJ set up

Coming Soon to my new home studio!

My cousin builds studio furniture and whipped this up for me!

Just have to pick it up and install it!

The bottom is just a regular console, the top is for amps, EQ, Dat, CD Burner ETC

Mine is very similar the one in the picture belongs to DJ Escape

5161COnsole_AMp_Racks-med.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great setup, but those cd players sux in that positions, and that booth needs a efx, and a sampler, then it would be complete :yuck:

that booth is in "Love".....it was probly custom built to Joe Clausell's specs.....dont think he uses an EFX much....

I don't know what the hype is about the CDJ's honestly....they're not the great. The Auto-loop isn't always accurate, they have problems with burnt CD's (and Pioneer has admitted that), the master tempo is ok, and the buttons stick sometimes.

But thats only my opinion.

Can someone please tell me how to make picture images smaller so I can post my set-up's.

Coming Soon to my new home studio!

My cousin builds studio furniture and whipped this up for me!

Just have to pick it up and install it!

The bottom is just a regular console, the top is for amps, EQ, Dat, CD Burner ETC

Mine is very similar the one in the picture belongs to DJ Escape

5161COnsole_AMp_Racks-med.jpg

nice set up i wanna make myself a new one i just havent had time i like the top box im guessing thats for your monoitors right or is it just part of the wall i cant tell :pint:

I don't know what the hype is about the CDJ's honestly....they're not the great. The Auto-loop isn't always accurate, they have problems with burnt CD's (and Pioneer has admitted that), the master tempo is ok, and the buttons stick sometimes.

Can someone please tell me how to make picture images smaller so I can post my set-up's.

the auto loop is VERY accurate......its the DJ's timing when making the loop that fucks it up....has nothing to do with the machine....

Cheap and bootleg way to do it .. open up MS Paint and then drag the file in to the program. Once you have the picture for editing, press Ctrl+W and you will be able to shrink it based on percentages ... shrink to your desire. When done you will be forced to save it as a Bitmap. These are usually huge ass files. To change back to JPG, open in MS Photo Editor and then just choose save as, change the file properties to JPG and viola, back to only being 30kbs.. no lets see whatcha got there homie

nah money is def nto the issue as you can see from that set up he got ...

he prob did nto bother to get them cause that is a custom made console....and without the denon ...he would have the empty spaces there...

cdj's def seems to be the hotness...

i know whenever we do parties for boris....we make the club get them if they do not have them .......

me not being a dj ....I could care less...as lng as you keep me moving on the dance floor.....lol

Do you know who built the console? I have Exactly the same equiptment and I would love to get something like that done.

i was fucking around with my friends numark cd tables and they were kinda fun.. they had built-in efx which sounded hot but they were hard to bring back in to the track without it sounding choppy... i eventually wanna grab a cdj but money is kinda tight so ill stick with the technics for now.. the cd tables make it so easy to scratch it's unbelievable.. no skippage whatsoever but scratching sint really my thing so...

i dunno if anyone can help me but i saw morillo do an instore appearance at virgin... he sampled the lyrics from dancing.. he pretty much sampled the line "you told me to meet you here" but the way he did it he took each word and it kinda stuck and then would repeat but get so fast to the point where it just becomes a staticy droning noise then he would drop in a nice bassline fo another track... my question is..

1) im nto sure how he got that effect to be repeated so perfectly and crisply that it kept gaining speed until the point where it became a metallic drone.. while he was doing it he was slowly moving the dial on the cdj.. i dunno i just cant explain it... does the actual table dial that you use for cueing effect the samples stored on the tables?? bc the way he was moving the cd dial it looked as if he had complete control over the echo effect..

i tried doing it on my friends numark and sampled the lyric and then i was fucking with the pitch (the pitch on the numark goes up to+/-100) but it sounded like ass.. ehh does anybody know what it is i saw??

He looped "You told me to meet you here" by pressing "A" then "B" (as you probably know)

After you have you loop complete, you can trim or edit the "A" and "B" points.

All you have to do is press the "B" button once more after your loop is complete and it will flash. Now you turn the dial of the cdj conter-clockwise to shorten the loop. If you continue to turn it will get soooo short to the point were you are simply looping... one single frame. That is where you get that sound.

PS the DENON DN-D9000 also does the same

BM

the auto loop is VERY accurate......its the DJ's timing when making the loop that fucks it up....has nothing to do with the machine....

I used to sell them and when I did I got to talk to the Pioneer rep, he explained that it counts the most frequent re-occuring frequency, which is not always necessiarly the up or down beat. Most of the time yea its pretty good, but when u actually need it too work it fucks up......thats why I switched.

strange, i've never had a problem looping on my CDJ's...always come out perfect for me

Good I'm glad.....it just sucked because anytime i really need that loop when I'm trying to do six other things at once it would fuck up and i would echo it out and slam something else in. But if it works for u than use it. I just store samples in the 5000's and 6000 and just load them whenever I turn them on.