Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NJ/NYC Car Clubs

I was thinking of starting a car club or joining one in the NJ/NYC area. I'm from northern NJ and recently bought a 2005 Honda Civic. I'm hooking it up piece by piece and when its done it will be a sick ride. I'm planning on using it as a show car entering it in man car shows such as HIN and Import Circuit. I wanted to see if anyone want to be in a car club with me or can direct me towards one in my area. I have a couple of friends that are interested in doing this. I'm just looking for more people that share the same passion for cars/imports as i do. So either reply to this post or PM me.

The only place I would recommend you doing your work at is www.Audio-xtc.com .

hands down the best guys on the east coast.

I recently sold my car but this is some of the work I had done. Im taking a break from the import scene. Became too cheesy, just like everything else, it got too saturated with people who dont know what their doing and it took he fun out of it. DAMN YOU VIN DIESEL.

55073661.jpg

55078798.jpg

and here are some other cars which we had work done over there.

Im not promoting the shop because they are family or freinds(they arent), but simply because they truly do amazing work and credit has to be given where credit its due. Ive taken my car to a bunch of "custom" shops in nyc/nj and half of them just make up as they go along with no real idea what they are doing. They are mechanics..not custom car enthusiasts/proffesionals. You get what you pay for. Thats the bottom line.

53616668.jpg

I was thinking of starting a car club or joining one in the NJ/NYC area. I'm from northern NJ and recently bought a 2005 Honda Civic. I'm hooking it up piece by piece and when its done it will be a sick ride. I'm planning on using it as a show car entering it in man car shows such as HIN and Import Circuit. I wanted to see if anyone want to be in a car club with me or can direct me towards one in my area. I have a couple of friends that are interested in doing this. I'm just looking for more people that share the same passion for cars/imports as i do. So either reply to this post or PM me.

Have you tried "Ricers R Us" ? LOL

Signed: #5813

1973 DeTomaso Euro-Spec Pantera GTS

Currently 330 RWHP, Going to 600+ in the Fall.

Guest onisakura
Have you tried "Ricers R Us" ? LOL

Signed: #5813

1973 DeTomaso Euro-Spec Pantera GTS

Currently 330 RWHP, Going to 600+ in the Fall.

Dude, do you know anything about cars other than panteras? Thats ALLLLLLLLL you talk about. A true car aficionado/enthusiast is a little more open minded than that.

Dude, do you know anything about cars other than panteras? Thats ALLLLLLLLL you talk about. A true car aficionado/enthusiast is a little more open minded than that.

Sure - GTO's (I have owned four of them a 68, 70, 72 and a 2nd 68.), Firebirds, Cuda's, as well as others.

The reason I talk about Panteras is that as a sports car it is hard to beat the overall package: Mid-engine, timeless styling, a powerplant that can easily be upgraded to insane power levels, 4 wheel independant suspension, and it is a simple car (No computers or emissions controls to deal with) that you can work on yourself.

In fact I would even say that it was the ricers that influenced my decision in getting my Pantera. After seeing all the bad body kits, bling rims, and cheesy interior mods and looking at the issues of having to keep a newer car compliant the decision was easy. Add to this the fact that a newer car would not increase in value in any significant way the decision was doubly easy.

Why do so many peeps think that throwing on some rims and a body kit have anything to do with real hot rodding? Look I do respect the guys who dig into their rides and do some real work. What do I mean by that? Stroke the motor, select a cam package, port the heads. Don't just slap stuff on and think you have accomplished something.

some people enjoy just modding the looks, while others take an ugly POS and mod the engine to make it a beast. Some do both. In my opinion, Anyone who makes a gay ass remark like yours "rice r us", is just someone trying to show off and act/prove that they know more about that industry and that they are superior. Get over it man. Let the guy do up his civic and let him enjoy himself. Yes i do agree..cheap work is horrible. 87 civics with altezzas and gay ass 50 dollar mold on mufflers are horrible. But what about the good imports?

look at the cars above...those are gorgeous.

some people enjoy just modding the looks, while others take an ugly POS and mod the engine to make it a beast. Some do both. In my opinion, Anyone who makes a gay ass remark like yours "rice r us", is just someone trying to show off and act/prove that they know more about that industry and that they are superior. Get over it man. Let the guy do up his civic and let him enjoy himself. Yes i do agree..cheap work is horrible. 87 civics with altezzas and gay ass 50 dollar mold on mufflers are horrible. But what about the good imports?

look at the cars above...those are gorgeous.

Did you read what I said?

I have all respect for the people, import, ricer, domestic, gearheads who take the time to mod their cars in a way that is not half assed or cheesy. Like I said don't just slap some shit on.

I'll give you an example. Some clown brought his '04 GTO to a car show and got a trophy just because he slapped on a cold air intake with an isloation box. There were many other cars at that show that should have a trophy before that guy. I was not in the show, just went to see what other people had done to their cars and get some new ideas. So as you can see I am not just picking on the ricers.

As for the cars above that color changing paint thing has to go, but the other one looks pretty good.