Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiёsto in Concert - US Tour - 2005

Dee Phunk

World-renowned DJ, Tiёsto, and Angel LIVE, the touring division of Godskitchen, are expanding the Tiёsto In Concert extravaganza to the US market. Building on the landmark events Tiёsto headlined in 2005, including the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics in Athens, Tiësto`s Space Mountain: Mission 2 Concert at Disneyland Resort Paris and the Tiёsto In Concert shows in Holland, which drew 55,000 fans over two days, Tiёsto has set forth to bring the US the most extraordinary live experience.

Aiming for a tour that reaches far beyond the established DJ show, Tiёsto and Angel LIVE have created a sensory driving four-hour production. Tiёsto will be immersed in a massive half-million dollar set with production features such as the signature Tiёsto LED surrounded DJ booth, as well as a three story LED wall. In addition, visually stunning elements, such as a massive pyrotechnics and special effects show and more than a hundred lighting fixtures and lasers, accentuate the entire production.

Enhancing the intense visuals and adding an electric and magical atmosphere to the mix, the show will include more than thirty performances including aerial acts, Butoh dancers, Samba and Taiko drummers, flying Geishas, singers and Carnival showgirls. The performers will surround Tiёsto in two different acts, as part of the Around the World theme of this year's tour. Distinctive visual programming will take the audience on a dazzling trek that begins in America and traverses the globe, accented with live performance segments from South America, Asia and other countries.

Tiёsto and his management team from Holland and Brooks Pettus, executive producer through Angel LIVE, created the Tiёsto In Concert US Tour after working together on more than thirty shows over the last three years. “At the end of the day, this concept is as much magic and theatre as it is a performance by the most recognized DJ in the world. Tiёsto is about to break through to the mainstream and we know we have something amazing here…I stood in the arena in Holland with 27,000 other fans and saw how he moved the audience. I am sure that the Tiёsto In Concert Tour will reach well beyond the dance community to everyone who wants to be a part of a landmark event, and a show that is incredibly original and history in the making in the US,†says Pettus.

“The Tiёsto In Concert events in The Netherlands were among the greatest nights of my life and real milestones in my career,†concludes Tiёsto. “I’m really excited about the US shows…I’m sure that they’ll rock!†says Tiёsto.

The first of four events will be held at the LA Sports Arena, in Los Angeles, on August 20 and tickets go on sale June 10th. For full ticket details please go to www.tiestoinconcert.com. Tickets can be purchased at TicketMaster or the Tiёsto In Concert website. Full tour details will launch late June so be sure to stayed tuned to www.tiestoinconcert.com.

at long last..Tiesto returns to LA!

But wait...this is a concert format..?? Does this mean there wont be dancing room? What about the floor GA admissions? Any idea how the venue will be setup? If there's no dancing room in the tier seats, I'd rather pay a lil more for floor admission. Not being able to dance to Tiesto would just be a waste... :shades:

I totally agreed with you!!! Not being able to dance = no good/sucks!

The other thing about this is that if you're on one tier and your friends are on another, you can't wander around to the other tiers. BLAH!

Is there a smoking area?

But wait...this is a concert format..?? Does this mean there wont be dancing room? What about the floor GA admissions? Any idea how the venue will be setup? If there's no dancing room in the tier seats, I'd rather pay a lil more for floor admission. Not being able to dance to Tiesto would just be a waste... :shades:

Yes... I do agree! There has to be DANCE room for sure if it's Tiesto.

E

• 2 weeks later...

grrrrrrrrrrrr.. Tiesto and I.... grrrrrrrrrrrr i think are moons or something intersect because i've been trying to see this man for 6 years now...

first two years had tickets.. but took a nap and never woke up...

last year... i got sick... at the club.. threw up and hit my lip on the toilet .. blood everywhere... and that's not me.. i never throw up..

so still as of today on my 25th birthday.. i have not yet seen Tiesto!!!!! I gave up! besides he's tooo skinny for this ghetto booty anyways...

• 3 weeks later...

I know I know.. but i am not spending that much on Tiesto.. since i've paid for 5 other shows and still have not seen nor heard him live...

It's a damn curse... :)

I'll be staying home chilling by the ocean ...

want to save my money for a trip to Spain instead... or SoBe or .. New York and take some dance classes...

It is tempting, cause ya know everybody will be there. but I am with you weyes, too much money. Digweed is my trance god and I have never paid that much to see him. So $ is my first neg. and if there isnt a clear answer on if there is going to be a dance floor I say F**k that, I need to dance and for $60 it shouldnt be in the middle of chairs. But for all that are going this weekend. Hope it is lots of fun, and please be safe. NO :pint: or :roll: and driving m-kay.

If you got or will get GA floor admissions that means there will be danceing room!!! Those are the tickets that will place you on the main area closest to the stage. Again there are no SEATS with the GA Floor tickets. The cheeper tickets will be where the seats will be where you can not dance..,

I hope that helps

i don't like stadium shows, period. and if the whole damn place isn't a giant dancefloor (as was said above), no way! i don't even have to get to the $67.50 price tag before i know i ain't goin' :laugh: !!!

sport_seating_lg.gif

Here is a picture of the area..

not in the Middle you will see a basketball court. See the seats that are on the side Arena Level seating.. Pooof they are gone..

See the seats where it says Louge and Upper level seating that is where the Seats are going to be at.. and not the main arena..

Again there are no seats on the main floor ;)

"this set is rediculous. i was in holland for the shows this year, and this US show is unique and i'd have to say even better b/c the room is half the size but the production has an even bigger footprint for the scale. it is well beyond even what i expected and i've watched the event grow from day one.

the show was loaded in over the last five days, the set is better then what it looks like on the flyers. it's massive, the light rig has 46 hanging points, the sound is wicked, with almost 80 feet of sub base, the lighting crew has programmed amazing looks, beyond anythign i've seen at any festival or DJ event, the LED surround and the wall are crisp and tower around the custom DJ booth, the visuals are insane.

today i watched the aerial acts rehearse, heard the sound check which gave me actual chills, saw the lasers getting dialed in. dress rehearsal on Friday and the gig Saturday, which promises to be at or close to sell out.

i may have a bit of bias here but i am fairly confident no one has seen a show like this one in NOrth America. anyone who comes to this gig will be blown away. i have been involved with a thousand gigs over the years, at least, and this one will be the best hands down. i wish we were doing a dvd of this show so even the people who can't make it could check it out.

if there is more to offer before Saturday, i will send in a few more notes.

bdp"

And baised on what this guy said it looks like no matter where you are in the arena the show is going to be AMAZING!!!!

A shout out to all attending the show tommarrow, Have a great time and take care of each other. I will be waiting for the reviews on monday...

love, peace, and music....In the infamous words of Bill and Ted "Party on Dudes!" :)

I know this may be the wrong place to post this however, someone purchased for me, I will of course bring a printed copy of reciept, my id and my phone on the receipt. However I don't have the CC that is used to purchased it. It states I am supposed to bring it.

Will I have a issue at Will Call when picking up TIX?