Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I want to go skydiving but I'm afraid. Has anyone done it?

It's the bomb - you def won't regret it...

Ive done it like 10 times smile.gif

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Thursdays - Plush, LI

Fridays - Cream, NYC

Sats:

12/16 - Arena, Albany NY

12/23 - Arena, Albany NY

1/13 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

1/14 - Phillidelphia (Location TBA)

Sat Dec. 23rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Guest crystalmethodny

I've done it too...

But I was like thrown out of a plane... LOL

Long story, ie, it was a solo jump in a military plane.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

Hey Nicki,

I've done it. It was a total blast!!!!! What an experience! I went with a friend who was scared of heights, I don't think it totally cured him of it, but he did say that the dive itself wasen't that bad and it gave him a litttle better perspective.

I did the tandem jump and it was great. A little instructional, then you get to jump with a 5000 ft freefall. I disagree with resident for skydiving the first time. Unless you have a couple of days to take a class and doa few jumps, I think you get a better experience from the tandem jump. Most of the time if you do it solo, the first couple of jumps are static line jumping, so you have no freefall.

When I did the tandem jump, my "jump master" made us do 2 backflips, then we fell facing upward to see the plane go away, then he flipped us into a barrel roll (~120mph), then a short straight dive, then finally slowed us down a little for getting ready to deploy the chute.

Whichever way you end up deciding to do it, def try it though... I would do it again no problem, actually have been condiering it, but I don't know any places out here and it would be hard to compete being able to do it in shorts and a t-shirt like I did in California...

cwm12.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

Was gonna go coupla months ago but my ole lady told me that at high altitudes there is a chance a man's balls can implode from the decreased air pressure. I've been researching this but damn if that's a lie I'm gonna go soon. Heard it's Phat.

------------------

Sticks and Stones may break my bones..but..words..can't..hurt..meeeee...

so there

I think Choon and I were telling you of the time I jumped off the cliff, which isn't the same (no free fall) but I can't believe I did it. After you do it, you'll be glad you did.

------------------

Too crazy for Boys Town, too much of a boy for Crazy Town.

Do what thou wilt.

Aleister Crowley

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams- Willy Wonka

AIM: crackorn71

I've done the tandem jump once. It was one of the most thrilling experiences in my life. I'd recommend doing the tandem, cause if you do solo, most likely there will be no free fall at all, which was the best part of it. I also got a video tape of it (in some places if you pay an extra $30-$40 they have a third guy jumping by himself with a video camera taping everything). If you can, definitely get the video too, it's well worth it. Hard to describe how it feels, you gotta try it for yourself. The memories will last forever.

------------------

Don't forget to fly...

I'm gonna do that shit one day.... Clubplanet jump anyone?

------------------

gohanssj2.gifBabymin1.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

<Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!!> <I got the glow, baby!!

Can ya feel it?!? Now back up and give me some dancin' room!!>

--- When the Artful speaks

Did it, what a thrill.... The first jump, I did was tandem and than the rest solo. My first jump solo, i got kicked out of the plane and i almost shit my pants.... make sure that you pack your own shoot, it gives you agreater comfort level. Go for it, it is awesome!!! Try repelling as well. Mind boggling!!!!