Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mets Suck Lately

Funny how two weeks ago all 5 teams in the East were with in 2 games of each other and now the Mets are 7 back...hope they can change it around soon or it could get real ugly.

Their offense is non-existant and what the hell is Randolph doing batting Brian Daubach in front of David Wright? He has been our most consistant hitter all year, yet he is still not batting in the top 5...I don't get it and don't even get me started w/ how he is using Heilman. I'm a fan of Willie's and I know he is a rookie manager but he has been making some bad strategic plays that are starting to add up.

Bring on the abuse and the "did you really think they would be any better than this" crap

Funny how two weeks ago all 5 teams in the East were with in 2 games of each other and now the Mets are 7 back...hope they can change it around soon or it could get real ugly.

Their offense is non-existant and what the hell is Randolph doing batting Brian Daubach in front of David Wright? He has been our most consistant hitter all year, yet he is still not batting in the top 5...I don't get it and don't even get me started w/ how he is using Heilman. I'm a fan of Willie's and I know he is a rookie manager but he has been making some bad strategic plays that are starting to add up.

Bring on the abuse and the "did you really think they would be any better than this" crap

yeh letting things slip away

promising season turning to shit quickly , but its still early and division is still bunched up , but ya gonna have to start leapfrogging some of these teams

I would go after Sweeny or HElton and maybe make a stab at Batista From toronto for some pen help

yeh letting things slip away

promising season turning to shit quickly , but its still early and division is still bunched up , but ya gonna have to start leapfrogging some of these teams

I would go after Sweeny or HElton and maybe make a stab at Batista From toronto for some pen help

i honestly don't know if it's a good idea trying to go out and pick up new players...i was actually thinking if things don't get better we might have to start moving players (i.e. Mike Cameron) and preparing for next year. I know it's early and I'm not saying now but I just don't want to see us do what we did last year under these circumstances. Not to mention we're gonna have to go out and get a new catcher next year and some pitching so I don't know about spending more $$ now.

i honestly don't know if it's a good idea trying to go out and pick up new players...i was actually thinking if things don't get better we might have to start moving players (i.e. Mike Cameron) and preparing for next year. I know it's early and I'm not saying now but I just don't want to see us do what we did last year under these circumstances. Not to mention we're gonna have to go out and get a new catcher next year and some pitching so I don't know about spending more $$ now.

the money Omar saved by not getting delgado was for exactly this situation , if in sniffing distance do it , met fans are owed at least the attemtp .

Team on thefield shows that they can win , 4.5 out of the wild card and the Nats ??? c'mon are they really gonna be there?

wheter its my yankee win now mentality or not ...the mets have been suckin ass for way too long not to give it a shot now while you have Pedro in top form .. this isnt last yrs team when the desperation moves were made when you were clearly out of it . and those moves now in hindsight shored up your starting rotation ...utilize it

been to 4 met games so for this and it was jumping/electric there . Omar has gotta make sure that continues into sept.

IMO

its such a shame...I've been complaining about Willie not utilizing his talent on his roster. he refuses to play small ball and isnt sending anybody on the basepaths (is beltran still only at one stolen base?). not to mention, he gives beltran no protection.

not to mention the guys on baseball tonight constantly question his decision making on when to take his pitchers out of ball games.

I understand the decision or sandwiching in daubs between piazza and wright (righty, lefty, righty) but daubs just isnt hitting yet. I dunno, I havnt seen the mets actually keeping up their hot start and I dont see it happening at all for the rest of the year unless willie gets his head out of his ass

if we are in striking distance we should def go for it...i guess my main point of this thread is that with our upcoming games ahead we can put ourselves in a good position where we can compete all year or it can get ugly and we fall completely out of contention

next 19 games before All-Star break:

3 games Mets @ Philly

3 games Mets @ Yanks

3 games Philly @ Mets

3 games Florida @ Mets

4 games Mets @ Washington

3 games Mets @ Pittsburg