Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jenks Music on a Saturday??

Why does the place continue to have bands? Everyone I know has always said the place would be much better without the bands. I always hear ppl say the music gets better when the band goes off and the crowd gets going. Dump the gay bands and tell the mgmt to save the $$ the pay out for them. Keep the bands at Bar-A and Osprey where girls with sweatshirts tied around their waists can jump around in front of the stage. Just my .02.

Why does the place continue to have bands? Everyone I know has always said the place would be much better without the bands. I always hear ppl say the music gets better when the band goes off and the crowd gets going. Dump the gay bands and tell the mgmt to save the $$ the pay out for them. Keep the bands at Bar-A and Osprey where girls with sweatshirts tied around their waists can jump around in front of the stage. Just my .02.

THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR THERE,,I THOUGHT THE SAME...but the #s that they do every week is unbelieveable...to do over 2000 people every sat year round is nuts and fridays are busy as well...guess if it works they are not gonna change it.....bands have been there since the inception of the nerds and big orange cone...its just how jenks is....so it seems to me @ least...

THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR THERE,,I THOUGHT THE SAME...but the #s that they do every week is unbelieveable...to do over 2000 people every sat year round is nuts and fridays are busy as well...guess if it works they are not gonna change it.....bands have been there since the inception of the nerds and big orange cone...its just how jenks is....so it seems to me @ least...

Old saying, don't fix it unless it is broken. I just thought they could save the $$ w/o the band and it most likely would still be packed.

Keep the bands at Bar-A and Osprey where girls with sweatshirts tied around their waists can jump around in front of the stage. Just my .02.

LOL...havent been to Jenks in 6 or 7 years...I cant stand the band thing...b/c of its location, Jenks will be packed regardless of what they play, but ur right, they should save there $$$...I guess they dont want to upset the regulars/locals OR feel that if they change their format, it might bring in 'undesirables'

I guess they dont want to upset the regulars/locals OR feel that if they change their format, it might bring in 'undesirables'

That is also what I thought although most of the locals are not there from May to September, when it is the most crowded. That being the situation they should eliminate the bands from Memorial Day to Labor day and it will still be packed all summer with any DJ.

Save money???

Place rakes in $100k+ a night on the weekends.

You really think $2,000 for a band makes them sleep less at nite?

And from working there for 3 years, I can honestly say that the majority of ppl there are for the bands and not to hear the same 20 songs that every shore DJ spins.

EDIT: the cheap owners save money by cutting off the A/C when it's 90 degrees inside.

Save money???

And from working there for 3 years, I can honestly say that the majority of ppl there are for the bands and not to hear the same 20 songs that every shore DJ spins.

EDIT: the cheap owners save money by cutting off the A/C when it's 90 degrees inside.

a hundred thousand bucks?? dude, i HIGHLY doubt it.. if they charge a 20 dollar cover they would need 1000 people there to each buy 16 beers @ 5 bucks a bottle... dude i highly highly doubt that.. but whatever... im sure they're making good money regardless... dont fix it if it aint broke.. maybe they're making so much because because people want a place to party guido free, who knows....

Save money???

LMAO...$2000? my ex charges more than that to DJ at a bat mitzvah

I'm sure in that $100K you are counting for all the food and drinks and admission to the beach...you forgot about overhead son

FYI ...people like hearing the same 20 songs...hence DJais popularity

maybe they're making so much because because people want a place to party guido free, who knows....

ROFL...guido free? there is a spot on the beach, right under the steps, where peeps chill on da beach, if you look twice...its the ENTIRE THIRD FLOOR FACTORY...except they arent cut anymore, just big blobs of meat...old skool guidos who're at Jenks to pick up young, drunk band following sluts.

ROFL...guido free? there is a spot on the beach, right under the steps, where peeps chill on da beach, if you look twice...its the ENTIRE THIRD FLOOR FACTORY...except they arent cut anymore, just big blobs of meat...old skool guidos who're at Jenks to pick up young, drunk band following sluts.

I love it, LOL. 3rd floor factory...............................

"3rdflfactoria" now MIA is one of them.