Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Photos from my trip...

philippio

I may have told some of you that I was going to be working on a cruise ship for a month while it was cruising in northern Europe. While I was onboard, the ship completed two itineraries: the Norwegian fjords and ports on the Baltic Sea. The countries that were visited: Norway, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Russia, Finland and Sweden. As I'm sure many of you are aware, summer at high latitudes translates to very late evening sunsets. In fact, when we were in Honningsvag and Tromso, the sun remained above the horizon for nearly 72 hours (without setting). So here are some photos that I took with disposable cameras.

027_25A.jpg

026_24A.jpg

025_23A.jpg

024_22A.jpg

022_20A.jpg

019_17A.jpg

Believe it or not, no one else in the office wanted to go. So, being the poor sod that I am, I volunteered my services. Needless to say, it was an amazing experience. I was only ticked off that I did not have a Visa and therefore I was not allowed to disembark in St. Petersburg and I didn't see the Winter Palace, the statue of Lenin or the Hermitage. :(

The passengers were mostly over 50 but the crew was quite young. We had our own crew bar and drinks were dirt cheap (any draught beer was 1.50 euros and any mixed drinks were 2.50 euros).

The first few photos are from Norway. We called at the ports of Flam, Honningsvag, Tromso, Leknes/Lofoten, Geiranger and Bergen.

Then the last few photos are from the Baltic cruise. We called at the ports of Gdynia (Poland), Klaipeda (Lithuania), Riga (Latvia), Tallinn (Estonia), St. Petersburg (Russia), Helsinki (Finland) and Stockholm (Sweden). :D

happy times!! :bounce: :bounce:

too bad you couldn't get to see st. petersburg palace and the hermitage.....idk how long you stayed at port and if you would have even had the time but those are must see places.....and right outside st. petersburg palace you could get lacquer nesting dolls (they even had some of gorbachev when i went...lol) and mink hats for $10....:biggrin:........thanx again for my present...:kiss2:......it's layed out quite nicely on my sofa table....

glad you're back wenchie!!!