Clubplanet Nightlife Community

green velvet at avalon review

hmm...what can i say. it really wasnt that great. i went to avalon last week also, so when i got there this week i was disappointed to hear that the music early on in the night up until green velvet came on was almost the exact same set from the week b4, song for song. its like they put a cd in and just left it on. that sucked. it was way to crowded and 3 out of 4 people were f.o.b. asians loved up on x or ghb, or something. when green velvet came on it was a dissapointment. he was just dancing around singing some crappy songs and it seemed to go on forever. the only song i liked was la la land, and that didnt even get much of a response from the crowd. over all the party got much better once he left. the music got a lot harder, but it was waaay to packed. it was literally everyone shoulder to shoulder bumping into each other. another thing that pissed me off was that people kept spilling drinks everywhere so the dancefloor was slippery as hell. and then i lost my pack of ciggarrettes, which kinda sucked too. i had wanted to go back to see scot project there, but now i have to reconsider...

I thought Green Velvet's performace was AMAZING! he sang "Perculater" & "camera's ready prepare to flash" those tracks are 2 of my all time favorites....

yes the crowd was horrible, BUT I thought the music was excellent from the minute I got in, till the minute I left :)

granted, the group that I was with, was part of the small amount of patrons there who KNEW WHO GREEN VELVET WAS! so many people came up to us asking who the random guy was on stage singing....hahehehaha

I thought Green Velvet's performace was AMAZING! he sang "Perculater" & "camera's ready prepare to flash" those tracks are 2 of my all time favorites....

yes the crowd was horrible, BUT I thought the music was excellent from the minute I got in, till the minute I left :)

granted, the group that I was with, was part of the small amount of patrons there who KNEW WHO GREEN VELVET WAS! so many people came up to us asking who the random guy was on stage singing....hahehehaha

ya i got that vibe too. everybody was like eh...who is this guy. i dunno it just seemed like he was up there forever, and he kept talking. hes like " ive been doing this for 14 years, and im from chicago." i was like ok your from chicago shut up and sing. what time did you get there? i got there waaay early so maybe i was just bored by the time he came on. what sucked even more is that my friend got there late and couldnt get in because there were "too many people" inside. anyway, i had to keep moving around to find space to dance. thats how i ran into you. its amazing how much you look like the pics you post. i know that sounds stupid but i saw that shirt you were wearing and i was like wow she really does wear those shirts. i dunno if he was with you but there was this guy with a similar shirt dancing in a circle during the "cameras ready" song and he was pretending to take pictures while dancing, and this other guy walked over and gave him a big thumbs down. i thought that was pretty funny for some reason. nice meeting you btw. im just wondering why there are sooo many asians there. even my korean friend was like damn, theres mad asians.

"shes a pinup girl in a pinup world..."

yup i really do wear those shirts ONLY when Im @ a club or party.... :)

what exactly is the significance of the jersey? do you wear a fox cuz your foxy? or was it like a present from a friend who died from too much dancing and made you swear to never party without it? do you always wear the jersey when you go out? if i ever make a cool movie (which i hopefully will) i'm gonna base a character on you who wears a jersey like that to parties...and maybe is a hitwoman or something cool. :gang::)

what exactly is the significance of the jersey? do you wear a fox cuz your foxy? or was it like a present from a friend who died from too much dancing and made you swear to never party without it? do you always wear the jersey when you go out? if i ever make a cool movie (which i hopefully will) i'm gonna base a character on you who wears a jersey like that to parties...and maybe is a hitwoman or something cool. :gang::)

1-I wear them because I like the way they look and feel when I dance...its just something Ive been wearing for yearsssss when I go out to clubs/parties

2-I own aprox. 40 different jerseys...only about 8 of them are "FOX" jerseys...funny how everyone thinks I always wear the SAME FOX Jersey...people are so observative....hahaha :half:

3-Nope :nono:

4-99.9% of the time...its my signature :funny:

5-Im flattered

1-I wear them because I like the way they look and feel when I dance...its just something Ive been wearing for yearsssss when I go out to clubs/parties

2-I own aprox. 40 different jerseys...only about 8 of them are "FOX" jerseys...funny how everyone thinks I always wear the SAME FOX Jersey...people are so observative....hahaha :half:

3-Nope :nono:

4-99.9% of the time...its my signature :funny:

5-Im flattered

U know, u kind of remind me of Gwen Stefani :rolleyes:

I love when people do that, like that couple that passed you and then came back to ask if you were her. YEAH (I am) now buy me a DRINK :beer:

I thought Velvet tore it up...She's a pin up girl was great to hear live, and the area of the crowd I was in was loving him hearing him shout out "camera's ready , prepare the flash" including me. There were TONS of people who just were at Avalon because it's Avalon and didn't know who he was..understandable, he is not for everyone.

The dude on before him, and after him was just horrible. Sorry to say. I am not sure how long that guy played for after, maybe just a bit. I went up to check out what was happening in the booth, and why it sounded like shit and the dude spent about 1 minute DJing for every 5 he just let the CD play and talked to his friends...no wonder.