Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP @ Roxy Review

this review is gonna be quick and dirty.

i got there around 4:30, i had absolutely no problem.. no line, no wait

and they honored the list so i was comped. on to the party.. it was really the usual JP crowd. mostly his hardcore fans. to be honest, the music was REALLY good from 4:45-6, from 6-10 it was BORING. once 10 came he picked it up and started playing some nice beats.. he played one of my favorite tracks, "mode hookers" so that made me happy, i left around 11:30

it seemed to be dying down at that point.. all in all for a free night, i had a blast.. but i don't think it was JP's best night... :type:

i did the afterhours thing last night for the first time in yeaaaaaaars... show was whack.. angello was on but the club was empty.. id say 75 people tops... went for a few drinks and a few more adderal's at a friends place and i was good to go.. got to roxy a little after last call @ 4 to find out we had to pay $45 bucks and couldnt drink til 8... :mad::mad: i was determined to make it to 8am so i could have that refreshing first beer of the morning but we didnt make it.. left at 7:50 and people were still going strong... music was kinda weird and different... it was dark and gritty.. lots of evil synths.. not really dancable but good to listen to.. i had a great time though and in the end that's all that matters...

got there at 4ish and jp was on for pretty much the entire time we were there from the begining to about 8.

the crowd was kinda wack though, i don't know about the hardcore jp crowd, whoever said that. mostly everyone in there was WAY under 21, not even old enough for the factory days. funny thing that me at 23 the bouncer was giving me shit about my license, the jersey ones do look sheisty, gave me a fucking life quiz while online asking me all sorts of shit.

funny thing that me at 23 the bouncer was giving me shit about my license, the jersey ones do look sheisty, gave me a fucking life quiz while online asking me all sorts of shit.

hahaha its funny u say that cuz the bouncer did the same shit 2 me....and i have a NY license with my picture...and he was lookin lookin and he looked at me and he was like...Get yaself a new id son...this is the fakest 1 i have ever seen...LMAO...then another bouncer looked at and let me in....

got there at 4ish and jp was on for pretty much the entire time we were there from the begining to about 8.

the crowd was kinda wack though, i don't know about the hardcore jp crowd, whoever said that. mostly everyone in there was WAY under 21, not even old enough for the factory days. funny thing that me at 23 the bouncer was giving me shit about my license, the jersey ones do look sheisty, gave me a fucking life quiz while online asking me all sorts of shit.

Approx 150,000 blank NJ licensces were stolen from DMV a few years ago, along with the machine that presses them and the "special" laminate. I always take a hard look at a jersey lic and ask some questions myself.

same thing happened to me a couple years ago at Roxy...it was an 18+ night and I was 21 at the time...I have a PA license and I do look mad young, but it was kind of funny that he thought I was trying to sneak in when you only had to be 18. I haven't seen him since the S&M party, but JP's crowd seems to be getting younger (and more Asian) by the minute. I went to Tempts instead, which definitely brought back memories of the old JP crowd, for better or worse.

little shirtless boys doing their retarded dance in circles, jumpin up and down like monkeys :vomit2: those little fuckers had to be 5'4 tall and 16 year old again :vomit2: it was the worst looking crowd I witnessed in my life. Only old skool SF person I recognized was this girl klee who was selling tickets lol....his crowd is soooo young these days. Half of the club was asian but this time around no one bumped into me..only stayed 2 hours....and JP sucks! never paying to see him again.

I haven't seen him since the S&M party, but JP's crowd seems to be getting younger (and more Asian) by the minute. I went to Tempts instead, which definitely brought back memories of the old JP crowd, for better or worse.

Same here but I found the same little kids at Tempts...the crowd was soo different this year...glad July 4th weekend is ova!!

Maria - I guess you wont be goin to Nikki Beach regardless whether or not its cancelled

Same here but I found the same little kids at Tempts...the crowd was soo different this year...glad July 4th weekend is ova!!

Maria - I guess you wont be goin to Nikki Beach regardless whether or not its cancelled

Nikki Beach sounds hot, definitely wanna check that out. I HOPE he cancels that way Mark won't drag my ass to see him lol.. I dunno maybe he'll play better and not that techno shit that you can't even dance too unless you're doing bumps all nite.

Nikki Beach sounds hot, definitely wanna check that out. I HOPE he cancels that way Mark won't drag my ass to see him lol.. I dunno maybe he'll play better and not that techno shit that you can't even dance too unless you're doing bumps all nite.

i'm going regardless if he's there or not....

little shirtless boys doing their retarded dance in circles, jumpin up and down like monkeys :vomit2: those little fuckers had to be 5'4 tall and 16 year old again :vomit2: it was the worst looking crowd I witnessed in my life. Only old skool SF person I recognized was this girl klee who was selling tickets lol....his crowd is soooo young these days. Half of the club was asian but this time around no one bumped into me..only stayed 2 hours....and JP sucks! never paying to see him again.

ahhaha agree i wont even bother to go to studio 9 i think surf was enough 4 me no need to see him again :gang: