Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fucking $40 To Fill Up My Car ??

koky

SAD SHIT IS .. ITS ONLY GONNA GET WORSE :mad::splat:

Yup, non-OPEC oil production is expected to peak in ten years. OPEC production is not very far away from peaking. China's energy demands are skyrocketing. Goldman Sachs has a price target on oil of up $100 a barrel which would be the equivalent of 6 bucks a gallon at the pump. Some predict the price of oil could reach up to $200 a barrel down the road, which would engender the economic collapse of countries like our's that are heavily reliant on oil.

Really interesting read about about the future of the world as it relates to oil production. It sounds alarmist, but the site has an abundance of references from people in the oil industry, government studies, physicists, geologists etc. It's definitely not some left wing tree-hugging hippie propaganda:

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Sad, but it looks like the world is fucked unless there's an impetus to head off this problem on a global scale before it reaches a critical mass. It's probably already too late. The next few decades could be a real nightmare, to put it mildly.

alternate power sources .. i think the best way to cover your ass in this situation is to move to a small carribean country, get the best possible in solar panel technology to create you a nice home .. and when everything is said and done you will be chillin on the hills growing food and just hoping everyone has forgotten you ..

I think in the very short term, energy stocks (oil) are the way to go. Just as an example, ExxonMobil has become the world's most valuable company with a market cap of close to $380 billion. Then you have Chevron, which bid 16 bill for Unocal after the price of Unocal's stock had risen 75%, which appears to be an acknowledgement on the part of the industry that the price of oil is going to stay high and get even higher over the long term (why else would they 'overpay'?). Then you just had an admission from OPEC a couple of days ago that it won't be able to meet the West's oil demands by 2020, which further supports that prediction.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/archivedStory.asp?archive=true&dist=ArchiveSplash&siteid=mktw&guid=%7B6A0E138B%2D1FBD%2D4F14%2DA2F8%2D010D492BFDAB%7D&returnURL=%2Fnews%2Fstory%2Easp%3Fguid%3D%7B6A0E138B%2D1FBD%2D4F14%2DA2F8%2D010D492BFDAB%7D%26siteid%3Dmktw%26dist%3D%26archive%3Dtrue%26param%3Darchive%26garden%3D%26minisite%3D

After a certain point, when oil production capacity is clearly on the back-end of the bell curve, I don't know that it's possible to capitalize on it. It sounds like scaremongering, but it's pretty academic: limited oil supply, growing population and energy demands, unstable geopolitical climates in leading oil producing nations and the impractical costs of retrofitting the global economy to run on alternative forms of energy all make for an armageddon-like scenario this century, unless something dramatic happens soon (e.g., technological breakthrough).

how does one capitalize off this?

not sure.. but what you dont want to do is invest in these companies.. i would invest in a new technology firm that gets a grant from the government to counter the gas problem... big bucks... but that's risky... just go with real estate.. especially myrtle beach/daytona..

riiiight... if this was '01 would you recommend the purchase of some .com's as well?

way to be a smartass... you can invest in an oil company and make a whopping $1.07 on every $1.00 you put down... :party: orrrr you can put down 35g's ona house... wait a few years.. and make an easy 150-300 g's... hmm

wait a few years.. and make an easy 150-300 g's... hmm

what happens when rates go up, and the re market corrects? what about in the next 10 years, if i were to tell you that housing prices would be at a 25% discount would you still be eager to buy???

what happens when rates go up, and the re market corrects? what about in the next 10 years, if i were to tell you that housing prices would be at a 25% discount would you still be eager to buy???

i actually put up a bunch of personal info before but decided to take it down.. someone i know put down 10% on a condo.. 2 years ago.. which came out to about 35k.. that person was now offered what they paid for the condo plus 175g's... not hard math to do.. thats a 500% profit.. versus stock in an oil company that yields at most a 13% profit.. hey it's your money..

actually im not even talking about housing... im talking about condo's in vacation area's.. since the babyboomer's are nearing retirement/are retired w/ nice pensions they're looking for nice places to live.. buying property down south is a pretty safe bet..

i actually put up a bunch of personal info before but decided to take it down.. someone i know put down 10% on a condo.. 2 years ago.. which came out to about 35k.. that person was now offered what they paid for the condo plus 175g's... not hard math to do.. thats a 500% profit.. versus stock in an oil company that yields at most a 13% profit.. hey it's your money..

past performance doesnt indicate future success... two years ago, was a different market, let alone 10 years ago and further back... just because ppl have made fortunes off of re in the past doesnt mean going forward you will as well... "what goes up must come down..." in all seriousness, i have a great deal of uncertainty, and have no idea what the markets are going to do whether its re, or equity or oil etc. these are some crazy times and i would like some ish to settle before i do anything... (that is even if i had the money to do anything at the moment...)

actually im not even talking about housing... im talking about condo's in vacation area's.. since the babyboomer's are nearing retirement/are retired w/ nice pensions they're looking for nice places to live.. buying property down south is a pretty safe bet..

maybe, i wish you the best of luck and continued success...

past performance doesnt indicate future success... two years ago, was a different market, let alone 10 years ago and further back... just because ppl have made fortunes off of re in the past doesnt mean going forward you will as well... "what goes up must come down..." in all seriousness, i have a great deal of uncertainty, and have no idea what the markets are going to do whether its re, or equity or oil etc. these are some crazy times and i would like some ish to settle before i do anything... (that is even if i had the money to do anything at the moment...)

maybe, i wish you the best of luck and continued success...

thanks but it wasnt my money unfortunately... :mad: i'm just saying if i had money, i'd probably throw it in there while the market is still hot.. the thign with condo's is you can always rent them if you cant sell them.. ehh we'll see... goodluck to you in your get rich quick schemes too... lol

thanks but it wasnt my money unfortunately... :mad: i'm just saying if i had money, i'd probably throw it in there while the market is still hot.. the thign with condo's is you can always rent them if you cant sell them.. ehh we'll see... goodluck to you in your get rich quick schemes too... lol

i dont believe in get rich quick schemes... stick to the fundamentals, and go for the long haul is my way doing things... money quickly made is quickly lost imo.

i dont believe in get rich quick schemes... stick to the fundamentals, and go for the long haul is my way doing things... money quickly made is quickly lost imo.

no i hear what you're saying.. but a lot of money now is never a bad thing either... it would be ncie to nestle up 40 g's right now... turn that 40 into 150-200 over a few years and then take that and invest it elsewhere... but who knows the market might be dry then.. eventually the babyboomers are all gonna die and there's gonna be so much realestate with so little people that prices will be ridiculously low.. ahh money just sucks...

fkornre... GLH was sooooo 1999... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

no i hear what you're saying.. but a lot of money now is never a bad thing either... it would be ncie to nestle up 40 g's right now... turn that 40 into 150-200 over a few years and then take that and invest it elsewhere... but who knows the market might be dry then.. eventually the babyboomers are all gonna die and there's gonna be so much realestate with so little people that prices will be ridiculously low.. ahh money just sucks...

fkornre... GLH was sooooo 1999... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wait till you see La Jolla gas prices.

• 1 month later...

we dont pay a lot because we have oil... even though we're the biggest consumer of oil, we dont need to pay a lot... and i dont care wtf it costs outside of america, shit i dont care what it costs outside the tri-state area, im not driving there and buying gas there on a daily basis... 75.00-80.00 for a full tank of gas is just ridiculous...