Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fucking $40 To Fill Up My Car ??

koky

93 octane ?? fuck that shit !! i use 87 !! believe it or not , its not a big difference , if there is any at all.. i hear alot of stories.. it would cost me like $48 of the 93 octane. uhh no !! :mad::splat:

i'm afraid to use anything else :(....they told me not to use anything less than 93 for the turbo....

Ingrid: I wasn’t trying to put Rachel down. I was simply trying to explain that a 6 or 8 cylinder engine consumes more gasoline than a 4 cylinder one.

Rachel:

My car has the exact same engine as yours. I normally put 93 octane. Your engine is brand new compared to mine (132,000 miles). I have experimented with using 89 octane but never 87. With 89, I noticed that my acceleration was not as good (probably because the fuel is not refined as well and is not being completely mixed with air in the turbocharger at the set pressure. So your engine is not achieving its optimal compression ratio. I could be wrong about this though. The strange thing is that even though my acceleration was not as good as with 93 octane, my fuel consumption was the same as with 93 octane.

Ingrid: I wasn’t trying to put Rachel down. I was simply trying to explain that a 6 or 8 cylinder engine consumes more gasoline than a 4 cylinder one.

Rachel:

My car has the exact same engine as yours. I normally put 93 octane. Your engine is brand new compared to mine (132,000 miles). I have experimented with using 89 octane but never 87. With 89, I noticed that my acceleration was not as good (probably because the fuel is not refined as well and is not being completely mixed with air in the turbocharger at the set pressure. So your engine is not achieving its optimal compression ratio. I could be wrong about this though. The strange thing is that even though my acceleration was not as good as with 93 octane, my fuel consumption was the same as with 93 octane.

And at what point did you interpret my post as me laughing as if you were putting Rachel down, or was it my mistake that you were intending to make a joke......that is the only reason I was laughing...................see what too much Pod bashing has gotten you too, taking SHIT was too seriously DUMBASS!!!!!

:deadfish:

THe gas situation will only get worst... prices are set to rise into the 5 dollars per gallon.. sounds outrageous but it's coming. Thank the American consumer with the Hummer's and all the SUV"s that suck up triple the gas. Blame it on Supply and Demand.. Oil is running out, and it's on full force.

Start looking into the Toyota Prius.. though, there's a 6 month waiting list on it. The new Hybrid Accord is Mint.. though expensive. If for a week non of the peeps with TRUCKs or SUV"s drive.. gas will go down down down down down down...

Almost $50 to fill up F-150 every 3-4 days with regular 87 :mad:

This is actually a good thing tho. People are starting to realize they don't need to use the car for every little errand they have. Time to pull out those bikes or mopeds to go to the corner store instead of your 2,000 pound car :idea:

Rachel:

when you run high octane, you get detonation of the fuel at a higher temperature, thus making the acceleration better.......i'll stick with the high octane....i got the car for high performance so i'll spend the extra $8 or so for now.....otherwise it's too boring for me....:)