Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rock Climbing

ooana

I know it's waaay to early to plan out any trips this season but....anyone here rock climb?

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

OMG, I've been looking for a partner since I moved here.

I don't know if there's any outdoor faces nearby, but I've hunted down a couple of gyms in the city.

I have my equipment here (except my rope), and I'm ready to climb.

wanna go?

what level do you climb at?

my office-mate is a mad climber - he's always flying somewhere (he's in sardinia now) to go climbing. nearby he seem to go the gunks a lot and he's a member of chelsea piers which has a pretty kick ass climbing wall (a little pricey though)

------------------

* i love sex always and forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

Oooh oooh oooh!!! Yay!

I'm an intermediate climber. Still have a lot to learn but I'm totally addicted. Lost my partner in breakup tax. Hee!

I'm still not comfortable enough to ballay (damn I know that's spelled wrong but I've got the flu, forgive me) and don't own my own equiptment but would LOVE to check out the walls and plan some type of trip in the spring.

Check your PMs ;-)

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

I'm at intermediate +

Indoors I climb 5.10+ (on a good day), outdoors, well It's been a while since I've climbed outdoors.

you'll have to be able to belay to climb at the indoor gyms, but it's easy, they all have gri-gri's which are pretty anti-death.

I've only climbed outdoors. 5.6-5.8+. Mostly out in MN on the rock faces over Lake Superior. I can't tell you how amazing the exposure is there.

I'm VERY interested in pulling together a group to at least check out the indoor walls. Its not even CLOSE to the same as outdoor climbing but it's something!

Maybe we should set up a onelist listserv to chat about this? Boards and PMs are so very slow. :-(

Feel free to PM me of course if you want to talk more about it and let me know if you want me to go ahead and set up an email list.

-Oo

------------------

Okay, since I'm really serious about this ;-)

I set up an email list we could use to discuss possible climbing outtings.

Go to the URL: http://www.egroups.com/group/CPClimbers

You can subscribe from there.

Can ya tell I've been looking for climbing partners for awhile now? Hee!

The list isn't moderated so you can subscribe freely. I'll change this if necessary.

-Oo

------------------

Hey any of you guys tried that park way up in Manhattan? I think it called Dykman Park or Fort Tryon...I went rock climbing their years ago and it was pretty decent...There are a lot of drops in that park along the paths, so there or plenty of places to climb...Last year I was a retarded and tried doing in the snow...NOT FUN! cwm5.gif

~*Jam*~

------------------

Email: ynicholas@aol.com

AIM: ynicholas

Never tried it, got more info on the location etc.?

-Oo

------------------

Holy shit! i just got into the sport and was thinking of posting something! i def would climb w/ people here. i don't have a consistent partner to climb with that is addicted like me. i just got into it and suck but i have gone up to the gunks once which was great. planning on a ice climbing trip this jan sometime if anyone is interested. i think i'm going this sunday if someone is intested in going here in the city.

seserra@cbs.com