Clubplanet Nightlife Community

fashion faux pas

i cannot believe that i still see people wearing:

1. trucker hats :no:

2. velour track suits to the mall with the big wire j-lo hoop earrings. those things belong in the gym WITHOUT the earrings please. if you want to wear them to places other than the gym...mix it up...the jacket with jeans or the pants with a tank top.

I wear trucker hats from time to time. I just can't let them go.

I'm so over polo's in pastel colors though.

there is a certain scene that will always wear pastel polos, but you're right, that scene is not manhattan after dark. personally what turns me off the most about the polos is the obnoxious placement of the lacoste/le tigre/ralph lauren logo. the essence of "preppy" has a certain old-money subtlety to it, one with a certain disdain for conspicuous displays of labels. like, it's horrendously expensive, but sssshhhh, don't tell anyone.

again, NOT exactly the mentality you'd find in a club setting though. so i agree, pastel polos as a "trendy" item are certainly on their way out.

there is a certain scene that will always wear pastel polos, but you're right, that scene is not manhattan after dark. personally what turns me off the most about the polos is the obnoxious placement of the lacoste/le tigre/ralph lauren logo. the essence of "preppy" has a certain old-money subtlety to it, one with a certain disdain for conspicuous displays of labels. like, it's horrendously expensive, but sssshhhh, don't tell anyone.

again, NOT exactly the mentality you'd find in a club setting though. so i agree, pastel polos as a "trendy" item are certainly on their way out.

it's easy to spot the neuvo riche or wanna be...just look for all the different lables they're rockin that say' look at meee...

Those plastic mesh sandals with beading.

i saw that they now have them converted to wedge sandals....lol

I hate those things

so comfy....i wear them around the house and for grocery shopping...to me they are more comfy than flip flops...

what i hate are those beach sandals with clear strap that either says dior or has burberry print or huge rhinestones and says marc jacobs...i dunno what they are called but they are ugly

are you talking about the chinese slippers?

i bought a pair for last halloween for my geisha outfit because i couldn't find the right wooden slippers....i wear them to walk my dogs sometimes because they're easy to slip on and comfy...but i don't wear them anywhere else.

i bought a pair for last halloween for my geisha outfit because i couldn't find the right wooden slippers....i wear them to walk my dogs sometimes because they're easy to slip on and comfy...but i don't wear them anywhere else.

oh yeah same with me, i think they are super comfy and convenient...someone had made a comment about "sandals with mesh and beading" so i wanted to clarify if thats what they were talking about....