Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Small/big Room Clubs Right Now

and for the record avalon's system sucked cock. worst system in the city.

another good small club that i keep hearing great things about is Love. have yet to check it out though

Had no problems with avalons system as long as you were in the right places....yes spirits was better.....but avalons just seemed to work for me

Ok, your right. its not physically impossible.....

but the room would be so loud it would blow everyones eardrums out

thats what limiters are for

but perhaps your right, would still be too loud. Even with those cielings they could still get such a better system. it really sucks when you got a DJ banging it out and all you hear is "crack crack crack" wtf is that all about? :smile2: awful

the only spot i liked at avalon was right by the DJ booth. almost under it. stood by the stage one time and got suuuuuuch a ringing in my ear. This is why my opinion of the place is taht its bad. the sound people did not design it right. Yes there are sweet spots in every system (which should be smack in the middle of the floor) but in avalons case, everywhere u stood it sounds different. bad design IMO

spider room had a decent system but needed more bottom end IMO.

thats what limiters are for

but perhaps your right, would still be too loud. Even with those cielings they could still get such a better system. it really sucks when you got a DJ banging it out and all you hear is "crack crack crack" wtf is that all about? :smile2: awful

Very true......

but i agree with stymie, seems as though they turned it down lately

cielo,sullivan room, love are the best for me and my ears. While over at PINK ELEPHANT if it was a fri you went thatis DJ DISCIPLE (black guy) playing, hes been around since the early 80s. ANd he was the first dj i reallyliked when i use to hear his radio show on 89.9 during 89-93. Still play his tapes from time to time. He also plays CAIN on certain weds and le souk on certain mons. CROBAR to me is the best BIG ROOM for what its trying to do. But a night at cielo with whatever dj plays at crobar has always been more fun for me. Ex :roger sanchez, danny tenaglia, deepdish, behrouz,etc.

as far as big rooms go, SPIRIT has it hands down for me.,. the sound in there is awesome, clubs nice and dark,friendly staff, and the pretencious crowd is across the street.,. crobar is what it is, but its not my cup of tea.,. they pull great talent and all, but its just ehhhhh.,.

as far as small rooms go, anyone who knows me knows the answer.,.CIELO.,. sound is phenominal in there! its just a fav of mine.,.

sullivan room has been getting talent, but its just a different vibe all together.,. and to whoever said its starting to turn into a crack den, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?! its been a crack den for as long as i can remember.,.

canal room has its moments.,.

cellar bar is a great venue too.,. if only they had cheaper drinks!

canal room is great, but i dont consider it to be small.

Well I don't consider it to be big, either. Since choices are few and far between I'm stickin' to it.

Le Souk is fabulous too...definitely in my top 5...and so is Fuelray. Anyone ever been? I've only been on weeknights, and the place is super sexy. Outdoor garden rocks!

sullivan room has been getting talent, but its just a different vibe all together.,. and to whoever said its starting to turn into a crack den, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?! its been a crack den for as long as i can remember.,.

:laugh2:

Things usually get worse rather than better...no?

well i choose spirit *for its sound system and because its the only place i've heard DJ Vibe spin lol*

Cielo because of the sound system and the Dj's they bring in there's always house music in there no mattter what day of the week it is..

Small Room - Lesouk..... *HELLL NO!!!!!!*

Sorry digital man...

well i choose spirit *for its sound system and because its the only place i've heard DJ Vibe spin lol*

Cielo because of the sound system and the Dj's they bring in there's always house music in there no mattter what day of the week it is..

Small Room - Lesouk..... *HELLL NO!!!!!!*

Sorry digital man...

What's wrong with Le Souk?

I want to say Crobar is a better big room club over Spirit. The effects the atmopshere is pretty good most of the time. The one thing that irks the hell outta me though is the fact that the only place to sit and listen to the main stage DJ is if you buy a 300$ bottle. At spirit you can sit ... upstairs around the booth or if you choose on the stairs. I really sometimes am feeling the huge ceilings but the lack of comfort at times leads me to pick Spirit.

Cielo wins small room, i have had some AMAZING nights on that dance floor!

I like lesouk not that I don't like anything else. Canal Room is awesome when the vibe is right. Cielo is cool but since they run a tight door I can't appreciate it as much. Love never been but heard good things. Fuelray is sexy as someone said here but only been there once on a thursday for downdeep.

The reason I enjoy lesouk is not only the music but the people enjoy themselves there. Table 50 though loungey is ok but not really my cup of tea. I've always had an early night at table 50.

Big Room dj wise has to go to Crobar hands down, but spirit is making it really close...sadly they let Peter Rauhofer go. If crobar picks him up...crobar will shove spirit to the ground.

Big room sound wise. Spirit out a doubt. Spirits sound system is amazing. crisp and just banging all around.

Small room Pink elephant saturdays with exacta and some brazilian guy i forget his name. Quo has a great sound system and Cielo is the best nightclub in the city.