Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Carl Cox at Space on Tuesdays

• 2 weeks later...

i went to the opening party last tuesday....OMG what a great night!!

Cox came on the old terrace (the one that you walk into as soon as you enter the club) around 11:15 or so....terrace was PACKED as expected but hey, its Cox...started off with some electro-house...then got a bit harder, played some tech-house...then dropped Blur - Song No. 6 (Tim Deluxe Mix) - the remix of Hashpipe....crowd went apeshit....then closed off his set with Ferrer & Sydenham - Sandcastles....what an amazing scene...Cox got on the mike and kept the crowd going...

then he came off around 12:30 or so...and dj vibe started playing the main room of space...HARD tribal, techno, and house.....great set...also checked out Roni Size on the "new" terrace - which is enclosed in glass...its def a cool room very big and new....sound system is very crisp....great A/C...Roni's jungle was a bit too fast for my taste though, hehe...

then Mr. Cox came back on the main room around 3 AM.....and just TORE the place apart....hard tech & tech-house that only cox can bring....he was working & riding the decks like a machine....the visuals in the club were great too, they had these weird eyeballs spinning, and a dancing Indian w/headress, it was going perfectly to the beat....main room packed the entire night, but a really great vibe...everyone was there for Cox & the party....closed it out around 7:30 or so?? GREAT night...will never forget it. i gotta start writing my full Ibiza review, now that i have a few brain cells recovered, heh..... :hat: