Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stryke is no longer a weekly resident at Nocturnal?

philippio

I was away for a week and this is what I come home to find out? What happened? Does anyone know? Will he continue to play there but not as frequently? Any info?

Also, who will be spinning in his absence? :confused:

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :D

Stryke or Willy Wonka...what Nocturnal really needs to do a.s.a.p. is fix the patio's ventilation situation, with temperatures way up in the 90's...it's impossible to move around, let alone dance under those conditions...I went there the other night for Aquabooty and I was thinking all the time that it's a real shame how they don't invest the extra bucks on one of those outdoor air-conditioner-mist or whatver it is they can do, I read athread about this somewhere and the response is "there's nothing we can do about it"

Stryke rocks! :bounce:

no stryke??

bye bye nocturnal

I disagree with you there, AT. Craze and Aquabooty pull in a decent crowd on friday nights and the club's got the monopoly on friday afterhours with Roland. If they didn't pull in a crowd then Nocturnal management wouldn't be keeping every bar open. So it's not like Stryke is making or breaking the club. He is definitely a unique dj with a very eclectic style and turntable technique that is unparalleled in this town's big nightclubs. His sets might cater to a more discerning ear but I'm hoping he'll be with Nocturnal for many more saturdays. :D

i'm sure dade knows what he's is doing. (no disrespect to stryke whatsoever).

and yea, funk...i totally agree with you on that.....i love the patio but it's not a good situation when it becomes unbearably hot and you're drinking alcohol and dancing all night up there.....hopefully this would be rectified soon.

holy shit, that's terrible news...

i think before they put in any devices to cool u fewls off in the patio, they need to adhere to their music policy.

the lineups confuse me. what are they trying to do? are they giving up on electronic music?

i know dhm have a pretty strong following which is dope but it shouldn't end there.

...the lineups confuse me. what are they trying to do? are they giving up on electronic music?

On the contrary! I'd hardly call DHM + weekly guest djs "giving up on EDM."

Not sure what the deal with the main room is on saturdays but you have to remember that it's a big club and so it should cater to more than one type of music. Craze is packing the dancefloor on fridays so I'm sure he'll be staying. At the moment, it seems as though the confusion is over the saturday music format in the mainroom and patio. :D

i'm sure dade knows what he's is doing. (no disrespect to stryke whatsoever).

and yea, funk...i totally agree with you on that.....i love the patio but it's not a good situation when it becomes unbearably hot and you're drinking alcohol and dancing all night up there.....hopefully this would be rectified soon.

just because it deserves it, the place is absolutely amazing and it gets hard to get into it when you are sweating bullets...I want my a/c :)

Guest onisakura

If Greg isn't there, there is no real reason for me to go. The placement of the booth in the mainroom alienates the dj from the rest of the club so i dont particularly like it.

If Greg isn't there, there is no real reason for me to go. The placement of the booth in the mainroom alienates the dj from the rest of the club so i dont particularly like it.

I literally hated the main room, bunch of kids running around...hip hop blasting, I'm just not up for that kind of bullshit...the patio I like a lot,very classy and relaxed...it's a dilemma, the mainroom has the a/c and the patio has the good music...the quest for nocturnal's balance, stay tuned!

:spin:

i think the balance is easily attainable.....in my unbiased opinion i really think it's the nicest and classiest club that miami has with GREAT potential...there are just a couple kinks that need to be straigtened out.....i'm sure it will but it needs to be done soon.....

two very important things i see that need to be worked out:

1) the a/c or whatever cooling system for the patio; and

2) saturday's format needs attention.....friday's are BANGIN! and we need to make saturdays the same way....maybe even more so.....EVERY room counts....just like every vote!