Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lust pres. Jon Cutler: Review...

philippio

Last night, for me, was more about seeing and hanging out with friends (some of whom I hadn't seen in a while). I only caught a short bit of Vaughan's set and it was quite good. I'm still waiting on a couple of track ID's. He kept things on the funky tip without getting too soulful or trying to steal anyone's spotlight. I would have to say that Jason played the best set last night (better than Jon Cutler). Jason kept it upbeat and funky in all the right places. Sheldon's set was a perfect skegway into the night's headliner. Of all the Lust guys, he's reputed for playing the most soulful and I, for one, have never been disappointed. I was, however, expecting Jon to play better. He played some very nice records (CD's actually), like Blaze's 'My Beat', Shawn Escoffery's 'Days Like This', Fatboy Slim's 'Star 69', his very own 'You Groove Me' and others but nothing really brand spanking new. I think he's a dj/producer that I shall always appreciate more for his producing talent.

Like I mentioned, last night was more about the people. It was a wonderful celebration to honor numerous occasions: the newlyweds, Nicole & Vaughan, Raffiah (I hope I spelled it properly) and Sheldon's engagement, and funketeer's birthday (although I have no idea where he disappeared to). One thing I really have to appreciate is that on so many occasions, Joe Budious has attended Lust events and the Lust boys honor Aquabooty efforts by going to their parties at Nocturnal. I guess when both groups have been so deeply entrenched in Miami's house scene for so long, camaraderie comes naturally.

It was great to see so many familiar faces and to share the precious moments that our very dear Lust friends were celebrating last night. I have never seen BLUE so packed (outside of WMC).

Stay tuned everyone... Lust4House has got some great things in store for this year!!! :D

Nice review!!! I agree, I had never before seen Blue as packed as it was last nite, I started off early with a get together at a friend's house and it ran long before we decided to head to Blue...we were a bit of a large of group and were hangin' upstairs for a while, while Jon Cutler was throwing it down, my main reason there was to say hi to Nicole and Vaughan, which I did...thanks Vaughan for the drink and your comment, I heard you loud and clear man...same to you. :beer: The newlyweds looked so radiantly happy, the look on Nicole's eyes was just epic...always good times, good people. Iwas looking for you Phil, I saw you and I meant to go back but one of my friends had to go to Crobar and we all went...crazy night, I tell ya! ;)

cheers!

Funk!~

Nice review!!! I agree, I had never before seen Blue as packed as it was last nite, I started off early with a get together at a friend's house and it ran long before we decided to head to Blue...we were a bit of a large of group and were hangin' upstairs for a while, while Jon Cutler was throwing it down, my main reason there was to say hi to Nicole and Vaughan, which I did...thanks Vaughan for the drink and your comment, I heard you loud and clear man...same to you. :beer: The newlyweds looked so radiantly happy, the look on Nicole's eyes was just epic...always good times, good people. Iwas looking for you Phil, I saw you and I meant to go back but one of my friends had to go to Crobar and we all went...crazy night, I tell ya! ;)

cheers!

Funk!~

Who was spinning at Crobar? We left at around 4am. Did you come back to Blue after that? :D

The newlyweds looked so radiantly happy, the look on Nicole's eyes was just epic...always good times, good people.

Funk!~

I agree! I have never seen Nicole or Vaughan this happy. I felt so honored to be a part of this celebration which, in essence, marks the beginning of their long life together. Last night was just one of those memorable moments, I think for everyone present. :D

good seeing u sebastian. after phil told me u were the special guest at chesterfield fri i was so pissed i didnt go. even if i was sick grrr. i passed right by it on the way to drop pod off at the cj office .... dammit.....

next time........

ya I don't think you would of enjoyed what he was playing. ...it was mainly your traditional Miami sound.

What are you talking about? I LOVE the typical Miami sound right now! What's better than covering up transitions with the horn, playing exactly what everyone else is playing and trying to convince everyone that THIS is house music and everything that's any calmer or with lower bpm's is just "deep house." :jerkoff:

Yoder!!!

Great night, GREAT friends, and lots of drinks...

I am gonna be 100% honest... I don't think I remember ONE song played during ANYONE'S set because I was sooo happy that sooo many of our friends came out... old friends and new ones alike... so caught up in all the great company!

i was saving this for funk, but i'll let U have it

La concha de tu gato :clap2:

:confused:

need to work on you're spanish a bit more V~

and I agree, fantastic night! a great time was had by all mos def... AND

god I was f$#king hammered :tongue:

btw, Funk, you're a bitch.. that is all. thank you!

:D