Clubplanet Nightlife Community

digital perms

nifer

digital perms???? wtf????

:laugh: same reaction i got 10yrs ago when i mentioned japanese straightening.

anyway, the curl in a digital perm is looser and more wavey compared to traditional perms. the curls also start farther down the head:

28948842094d57c7f64jg.jpg

i always wondered what that was called, i like it alot, hmmm, looks like a great hair style for a wedding im gonna be in sept 4th, how much do they run?

:laugh: same reaction i got 10yrs ago when i mentioned japanese straightening.

anyway, the curl in a digital perm is looser and more wavey compared to traditional perms. the curls also start farther down the head:

28948842094d57c7f64jg.jpg

wow..never heard of that....how do they do it? is it permanent or temp? i feel like my hair is just gonna fall out soon..lol between all the things i do to it like straightening it almost every day and coloring it...maybe a digital perm is the last thing i need! haha

i always wondered what that was called, i like it alot, hmmm, looks like a great hair style for a wedding im gonna be in sept 4th, how much do they run?

yep, it seems to be a popular wedding-type hairstyle. nice and flowy. :) i'm not too sure about pricing, though i think it starts around $200. no idea how they determine the cost though.

and yep, it's permanent.

it's good if you have really straight hair....like the 'asian hair' type....although they have beautiful hair...it seems impossible to curl......i'll take my hair type over that any day....it curls when i want it to and stays straight whenever....no muss....no fuss....

That's the same with me....i used to have pin straight hair and then in like fourth grade i begged my mom to get a perm! lol Well now my hair is naturally wvy, so I can pretty much get loose curls like that and then straighten my hair when I want....you can pretty much achieve that same look with a wide barrel curling iron like for a wedding and stuff

You know i thought of that too...must be some strong shit they put in your hair...lol but i honestly can't complain because now i have the benefits of wearing my hair curly when I'm lazy and its humid out and wearing it straight when I want! :bounce: (even though it takes me a half hour!)

indeed, us asians are like light years ahead of folks when it comes down to the latest technology for hair. i started japanese/thermal straightening my hair awhile ago, and many of my non-asians friends never understood why an asian girl would need to get her hair straightened... but, some of us do.

digital perms can be found in virtually any asian hair salon. if you're in queens, all of the korean salons peppered throughout northern blvd stretching from flushing down to long island has digital perms.

as for the city, i'd go to k-town (32nd st) or head down to the east village japanese salons. you'll pay a lot more for it there. if you're in jerz, go to palisades park/fort lee.

indeed, us asians are like light years ahead of folks when it comes down to the latest technology for hair. i started japanese/thermal straightening my hair awhile ago, and many of my non-asians friends never understood why an asian girl would need to get her hair straightened... but, some of us do.

digital perms can be found in virtually any asian hair salon. if you're in queens, all of the korean salons peppered throughout northern blvd stretching from flushing down to long island has digital perms.

as for the city, i'd go to k-town (32nd st) or head down to the east village japanese salons. you'll pay a lot more for it there. if you're in jerz, go to palisades park/fort lee.

seems like i'll have to take a road trip up to queens then. i also came across Kim Sun Young during my google searches.

edit - thanks for the help ;)

you're are very lucky

is your hair naturally curly/straight, thick/thin?

thanks...it makes up for the things i don't like......lol

my hair is fine and it used to be really straight up until i was 17 when i got my first and only perm.....ever since then it's had a natural wave...which is cool because i get tired of one thing all the time...and whenever i want to go straight i just blow dry it... :)

I've never had a perm before, are the digital perms permanent and can I still straighten my hair? My hair is wave and I absolutely hate it, it doesn't curl it looks bad when i try to scrunch it.

erica what products do you use on your hair? sometimes i find that when you use products to enhance what you have rather than fight it, it works wonders......have you tried any of the 'curl life' products? matrix also makes a curl defining creme that pumps up the curls and smells so good.

That's the same with me....i used to have pin straight hair and then in like fourth grade i begged my mom to get a perm! lol Well now my hair is naturally wvy, so I can pretty much get loose curls like that and then straighten my hair when I want....you can pretty much achieve that same look with a wide barrel curling iron like for a wedding and stuff

wow, I had the same thing happen too. I was 10. It was so straight, barrettes would slide off in minutes. Since then I've aquired a three-textured head of hair, which suffice to say is aggrivating because I can't just let it dry naturally, I have to style it or wear it up. So I'm just growing it out now...layers and curly hair in the summer just goes awry.

so if any of us ever have a daughter who wants a perm we'll have to try to talk her out of it, lol...

wow, I had the same thing happen too. I was 10. It was so straight, barrettes would slide off in minutes. Since then I've aquired a three-textured head of hair, which suffice to say is aggrivating because I can't just let it dry naturally, I have to style it or wear it up. So I'm just growing it out now...layers and curly hair in the summer just goes awry.

so if any of us ever have a daughter who wants a perm we'll have to try to talk her out of it, lol...

haha definitely!! i mean sometimes it is convenient tho to get out of the shower, through some mousse in and do a little scrunching action and ur ready to go out the door.....

haha definitely!! i mean sometimes it is convenient tho to get out of the shower, through some mousse in and do a little scrunching action and ur ready to go out the door.....

any good brands to reccomend? I do steal my bf's mousse, it works OK... what about gels? or is mousse the way to go? I think I might need one that cuts down on frizz too.

I'm growing my bangs out right now too, what a b.i.t.c.h!!! :mad: thank god hair bands are fashionable, lol...

i dont think it has much to do with that, ur hair changes as u grow older, my hair was pin straight as a child and white, and when i was like 15 16 it got darker and got wavy and frizzy, and that was b4 i did anything to it. it sux i wish it was that same way it was when i was like 10 -15 it was awsome then, down to my ass and pin straight and like california girl blonde

why is it after you perm your hair...even if it was just that one time...ages ago...your hair still has that slight wave??

any good brands to reccomend? I do steal my bf's mousse, it works OK... what about gels? or is mousse the way to go? I think I might need one that cuts down on frizz too.

I'm growing my bangs out right now too, what a b.i.t.c.h!!! :mad: thank god hair bands are fashionable, lol...

'

honestly, i'm still searching for the right product...so far i like a mousse from garnier, it's in a green bottle and i think it's called "curl enhancer" or some shit like that! lol i personally like using mousse better than gel cause it leaves my hair softer, i HATE that crunchy gel look! Rach suggested one a couple posts up that I think I'm gonna check out!

i dont think it has much to do with that, ur hair changes as u grow older, my hair was pin straight as a child and white, and when i was like 15 16 it got darker and got wavy and frizzy, and that was b4 i did anything to it. it sux i wish it was that same way it was when i was like 10 -15 it was awsome then, down to my ass and pin straight and like california girl blonde

it makes sense...ur body changes...ur diet...the environment....etc. etc....that's why when we're kids our hair is a lot finer and lighter....must be the gerber products...lol......i think i remember seeing a pic of you with long hair and you wearing a black dress??....ur hair looked really pretty in that pic.....sometimes i want to cut mine short beause it's a lot easier to manage than having long hair but i know i'd regret it if do.....

thanks...it makes up for the things i don't like......lol

my hair is fine and it used to be really straight up until i was 17 when i got my first and only perm.....ever since then it's had a natural wave...which is cool because i get tired of one thing all the time...and whenever i want to go straight i just blow dry it... :)

erica what products do you use on your hair? sometimes i find that when you use products to enhance what you have rather than fight it, it works wonders......have you tried any of the 'curl life' products? matrix also makes a curl defining creme that pumps up the curls and smells so good.

yea I use bed head mouse that has curl inhancer but my hair comes out frizzy, I really want to try this digital perm.....I'll try the matrix stuff though if u think it works really well