Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The 3 biggest clubs in the HISTORY of house music as they stand today

I'm not gonna argue, NYC has some good music and some good dj's, but for the most part i find it to be very conforming and un-original musically....not nearly as influential as LONDON, DETROIT, or CHICAGO were.

I dont feel like arguing and there is no need to name call dude.

NY has a lot of good musicians and good labels, but it is in no awy the paramount american musical city.

sorry,

not as influential as chicago, detroit, london, or berlin......not even close....no original sounds really came out of nyc except in the hardtek/noize and maybe dnb genres.........

it's not ignorant if you look past progressive house music, which many people on this board dont.

For a city of 12 million why does nyc have fewer touring DJ's than almost every other big city in the country when we should have two or three times as many?

do you have any numbers to prove that we have fewer touring djs?? every big name dj makes a stop in NY. that statement was just false.

we have a ton of great wonderful producers and dj's who many would consider legends..

danny tenaglia who is considered by many to be the top US dj is from NY...

I'm not gonna argue, NYC has some good music and some good dj's, but for the most part i find it to be very conforming and un-original musically....not nearly as influential as LONDON, DETROIT, or CHICAGO were.

I dont feel like arguing and there is no need to name call dude.

NY has a lot of good musicians and good labels, but it is in no awy the paramount american musical city.

wasnt name calling..just thought that statement was ignorant..

im not claiming NY is the paramount american musical city.. there isnt one

but to discredit NY's influence is incorrect.

do you have any numbers to prove that we have fewer touring djs?? every big name dj makes a stop in NY. that statement was just false.

danny tenaglia who is considered by many to be the top US dj is from NY...

ok, i retracted my last statement because i did not want to get into petty arguments, especially with you, but here we go.......

1 - I mean DJ's that come from NYC, not dj's play in NYC. NYC is a big CLUBBING city, but just is lacking in putting out new good music.

2 - Danny Tenaglia is a superstar DJ without a doubt.....but it is a stretch to say he is the #1 us DJ......He is essentialy a B&T dj now

ok, i retracted my last statement because i did not want to get into petty arguments, especially with you, but here we go.......

1 - I mean DJ's that come from NYC, not dj's play in NYC. NYC is a big CLUBBING city, but just is lacking in putting out new good music.

2 - Danny Tenaglia is a superstar DJ without a doubt.....but it is a stretch to say he is the #1 us DJ......He is essentialy a B&T dj now

i see your point and i agree...most of my favorite djs are from europe..

but we have a lot of touring djs.. every ny dj i know of tours.. and the ones that dont..really do not need to (they have strong followings and do pretty well with their residencies)

and im not sayin DT is the best..but he is considered by many to be the best

Ok then what would you all say NYC's influence is on EDM????????

dude look at all the hot producers that are based out of NY..

dont wanna go into naming them all.. but here are some..

all of subliminal

john creamer stephane k

lemon 8

lee & cabrera

les

serge devant (gonna be huge)

filo & peri (gonna be huge)

just to name a few off the top of my head..

there are many more..

What does B&T mean? Just wondering...

dude look at all the hot producers that are based out of NY..

dont wanna go into naming them all.. but here are some..

all of subliminal

john creamer stephane k

lemon 8

lee & cabrera

les

serge devant (gonna be huge)

filo & peri (gonna be huge)

just to name a few off the top of my head..

there are many more..

Isn't Subliminal based out Weehawken, NJ? Stop taking credit away from us Jerseyans. Damn New Yorkers!

great!!! now we can sit here and argue which dj is from where :rolleyes:

you know there is more to life than "house" music...some of you people need to step away from the computer, take a walk outside, read a book, do something rather than argue over the internet about dj's

geez :blown:

maybe we can argue about the mets instead..

:blown: