Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mykonos: What's with that place???!!!

:getdown:

Found a trip to budapest for NYE.... $399 for air and 4 nights hotel. Might do it...

go for it...

Nice... that will be a great trip.

i hope so... its a long way from home for it to suck... cant just get up and leave.

you gonna stuff me in your suitcase...right????

i was thinking of stuffing you with something else... :hump:

Mykonos is the shit!

was there last year, got to see Digweed do a surprise set(forget the name of the lounge/bar), Deep Dish and Cox @ Cavo. The view from Cavo Paradiso is unbelievable(wait until you see the sunset...)

-

As for the island itself many great places to eat(I remember this one ancient greek restaurant, the waiters were dressed in tunics and they had this home made honey wine, amazing)

-

As for shopping, kind of expensive, you can get the same stuff(clothes/sunglasses/jewelry) for alot less at syros, which is the island nearest to mykonos. i suggest you tell the vendors you will pay them in cash(euro) and they can give you a better deal

-

by the way, mykonos used to be what ibiza is now(however on a smaller scale). if i had to choose between the two my pick is mykonos(of course i'm greek so there is a bias)

:):)

well this is from people who spun there

they said all is good for clubs and shit

but the hotels we crap ..and that to me is a big turn off...I need a nice hotel esp for the money i hear you have to spend..

but i plan on going anyway

give me some good hotel ideas if you have been there.....

i stayed at jet apartments last year. our place was nice as hell!! 2 bedroom apt with a full kitchen and living room. one bedroom had a queen size bed and the other had 2 twin beds. our balcony overlooked the beach and bora bora. there were three of us and it cost us $400 each for 7 nites. i was really impressed with our place and will def stay there again next year.

I just came back from Mykonos....Ive been there at least 10 times....and its the BEST place in the world for me....the hotels I stay in are beautiful....you pay for what you get, so you cant expect to pay a little and get a nice room....common sense...and to compare it to Ibiza is stupid...they are COMPLETELY different places...they are both excellent in their own way...Ibiza has huge huge huge clubs...but you gotta pay an arm and a leg to get in....BUT the hotels are cheap and most of them are very nice...I did not like the beaches is Ibiza...but the cafe's by the water were excellent & always had a great DJ playing...the clubs in Mykonos are CHEAP....and I got to see almost everyone @ Cavo for free cuz I signed up on their guestlist...but the prices vary from 15-30 euros...you will naver pay more than that...

in Mykonos there is a party going on at ALL times of the day...super paradise & paradise beach during the day...then Space & then afterhours @ Cavo Paradiso (thats the best part) this year @ Cavo I got see:

DAVE CLARKE

RICHIE HAWTIN

MARCO CAROLA

SATOSHI TOMMIE

DANNY RAMPLING

all in ONE week....imo...it doesnt get that much better then that...and I went to Dance Valley this year as well, BUT the night I had @ Cavo listening to Dave Clarke TOPPED off ANNNNNYYYY huge festival that I have ever been to!

I will post pics when I upload them :bounce: