Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boris 8/20 Review

ok ok ok. first off i don't claim to be no club expert and really i party just to have a good time.. and hear some great music. now with that said. here goes.

everyone around here is a Boris lover so i decided to give the man another try, figured why not.. plus my friend said "he's gotten so much better" ok.

i get to crobar at 1:30, i know a little early but i had to work early sunday so no afterhours.. anyways.. line was long as hell.. but we were on the list so no drama.. packed as hell in there.. not to hot though.. just packed.. and to me the music was again BORING! i swear i heard the same track for 2 hours. i love to dance and didn't move once. i just stood there until we left at 4.

boris just isn't my cup of tea.

I don't understand why Boris is as popular as he is. All his music is hard and monotonous, with no funk or soul. Sounds like you're hearing the same track all night.

yea, i swear the bpm stayed the same the WHOLE night.. it's insane. not soulful at all!

yea, i swear the bpm stayed the same the WHOLE night.. it's insane. not soulful at all!

exactly my thoughts.....just barely fast enough to groove/shuffle to.

SHUNK-SHUNK-tee-tee.....SHUNK-SHUNK-tee-tee

I'm not gonna lie a lot of those beats were raw and I was drooling over them. But a little soft break in the tracks here and there would go a long way for him.

I disagree.....Boris is a tribal DJ.......Tribal has a certain sound to it, and yes a lot of tracks sound similar. But he also mixed it up some 2nite, with the I just cant enough remix, and Sandcastles. The one complanent I do have is that it seems he has been playin the same set for over 2 months now. Needs some newer tracks. I had a great time, so much fun, and in the end thats all that matters...Isnt it???

see not 2 be a dick but some comments are jus better kept secret...i mean ur intitled to voice ur honest opinon...point being the scene is already hot as hell...they trying stop us from having the 1 thing that makes most of us club goers happy...nd thats afterhours!!!! soo why bring more heat?

but back to my review...sat nite was my 1st visit to crobar and IT def a sickk experiance!!! got there around 5am...the layout was awsome..the lil tunnel to get into the main room..def caught my eye...dont ask cuz im still trying to figure out what made that stickk out!!!! the system is unreal...extremely crisp and def needed no adjustments to my knowledge!! the lights are sick...the show i seen was crazy..the coreagraphie(sp*) wass sickk....VIBE was great...the crowd wasnt that bad at all...the place was packed but not like a can of sardines....boris was playing jus to my liking...i am very impressed with mixing and track selection..imo his selection wasnt tht bad at all!! THE BEST THING ABOUT CROBAR IS THE EXHAUST SYSTEM .....HOLY SHIT ITS UNREAL HOW THAT PLACE GET SO SMOKED OUT THAT ITS IMPOSSIBE TO SEE ANYTHING INFRONT OF U....EXCEPT FOR FaCE TO FACE!

tracks i was able to rememeber!

Celeda - Underground

Vicor Calderone - Love me some more

Lil louie vega - dimond life

8 letters

sandcastles

Kobbe and Leeds - Mind killer

duran duran - what happens 2morrow (rauhofer reconstruction mix)

let the music use you up

what sounded to me as Basic J - the drums[A1] but not sure??

Armand Pena - Are you ready

some sikk tech shit that i realli enjoyed

Annihilate

and the closing touches was a great wait to cap off a nite like that

shuts music off...lights on completly and he drops Temepermental and then he plays 1 more after he shut the music off yet again comes in wth you dont even know me!!! and then he put 1 more in for good luck and i honestly dunt remember what it was!!!!

thats all i can remember with the trackss tho!! if u know any other tracks played that i didnt mention which im sure there are quite a few!!! post ids

sorry i posted ths in the wrong thread!!!

ok ok ok. first off i don't claim to be no club expert and really i party just to have a good time.. and hear some great music. now with that said. here goes.

everyone around here is a Boris lover so i decided to give the man another try, figured why not.. plus my friend said "he's gotten so much better" ok.

i get to crobar at 1:30, i know a little early but i had to work early sunday so no afterhours.. anyways.. line was long as hell.. but we were on the list so no drama.. packed as hell in there.. not to hot though.. just packed.. and to me the music was again BORING! i swear i heard the same track for 2 hours. i love to dance and didn't move once. i just stood there until we left at 4.

see at least you responded normal.....so be it ...not your cup of tea.....everyone got to respect that ..

why cant people just know that we all have dif likes and dislikes...for everyone that says boris sucks..there is one fan who disagress...

i woke up and went at 5 and I had a great time....but it was hot when I got there..I tall ya that much ...

atleast u gave him another try...now u know for sure he isnt ur thing.....u can save money while ur friends go out.so ur realy not losing out on anything.

I didnt go cause I was passed out and going on a road trip,Boris is Boris......u either like his beats or u dont.Wut ever ur stlye of music is,there r ppl who love it and ppl who hate.and Iam not talking to Camafuzz this is a gen state.If u know u dont like it..then y bash it,I mean ppl like that regatone shit,i hate it.But I dont go around saying it or posting it if someone says it was good.There are DJ's in this world that have 100,000 of fans who love them,and i think they suck ass.But I wont ever bash on the them......for out of respect for wut they do and wut they promote and thats dancen,music,and good times.

Dont hate on a DJ cause u personaly dont like them......respect them for pushing House music

atleast u gave him another try...now u know for sure he isnt ur thing.....u can save money while ur friends go out.so ur realy not losing out on anything.

I didnt go cause I was passed out and going on a road trip,Boris is Boris......u either like his beats or u dont.Wut ever ur stlye of music is,there r ppl who love it and ppl who hate.and Iam not talking to Camafuzz this is a gen state.If u know u dont like it..then y bash it,I mean ppl like that regatone shit,i hate it.But I dont go around saying it or posting it if someone says it was good.There are DJ's in this world that have 100,000 of fans who love them,and i think they suck ass.But I wont ever bash on the them......for out of respect for wut they do and wut they promote and thats dancen,music,and good times.

Dont hate on a DJ cause u personaly dont like them......respect them for pushing House music

This is one of the best post ever.....Way to be.....No DJ that has 1000's of fans suck. There just not for you. I personaly dont like PVD, but bye no means will I ever say he sucks, He is an amazing DJ and producer, I simple dont like his style. But I still respect him, Hes doin something right to be the number 2 DJ in the world for like 10 years running now. This forum just lacks maturity, some people just need to grow up.

I walked in from 1:30 and stayed till 6 and had a blast. I am a huge tribal/tech fan and this was my first Boris Party. Crowd was good. Most were dancing. Shows were cool. I must say he made a believer out of me.

Some tracks I heard that weren't mentioned:

kobbe - 15 minutes

david lara - the beats and the drums

I want to know the id to that electro sounding tech track that he just dropped out of nowhere. That was sick.

This is one of the best post ever.....Way to be.....No DJ that has 1000's of fans suck. There just not for you. I personaly dont like PVD, but bye no means will I ever say he sucks, He is an amazing DJ and producer, I simple dont like his style. But I still respect him, Hes doin something right to be the number 2 DJ in the world for like 10 years running now. This forum just lacks maturity, some people just need to grow up.

OK YEA I DIDNT MEAN TO WRITE SUCKS AS IN SUCKS.....just not wut i like and if one of there songs came on or if they came on to spin i would walk....sucks is just a word to describe my feeling towards there style.

kobbe - 15 minutes

david lara - the beats and the drums

both of those are very good records.. i just don't like the way he brings the records in.. there never seems to be no teasing and buildups.. i guess that's why to me.. it sounded like i heard the same record for 2 hours... his selection is good, it's how he arranges it is my bitch..

:type:

both of those are very good records.. i just don't like the way he brings the records in.. there never seems to be no teasing and buildups.. i guess that's why to me.. it sounded like i heard the same record for 2 hours... his selection is good, it's how he arranges it is my bitch..

:type:

I remember quite a few buildups when the crowd went wild. I think you people are in la la land when you are in the clubs. :bounce:

i was really into the music, i only heard him twice and i am really feelin him he plays hard all the time i like that. although i like souful, funky , meldious, vocal u name it but i also love hard hosue and hard tribal the most.

exactly well said ray ray