Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Green Fucking Day

jeffgq

I liked the part when they picked kids from the crowd and got them to play on stage...the one fat kid that got on drums, got all excited and jump around until he almost broke his leg...he was in severe pain when he was playing, the kid on the guitar got to keep the axe...I thought it was a cool moment but I also think they abused the crowd participation a bit too much, in a way an intelligent move, considering the bulk of their audeience ranges between 9 and 14...I was like, wtf??? but then again, how cool it was too see whole families at a punk rock show, the wholesome american family values coming together while Billy Joe Armstrong put his hands down his pants and grabbed his dick right before screamming "someody fuck me!!!" :biggrin:

Music!!! :) I really enjoyed seeing them and how tight this band is, American Idiot sounded awesome, the whole album (almost) and then all those songs from Dookie...good memories, overall...a great concert!

:rock:

I liked the part when they picked kids from the crowd and got them to play on stage...the one fat kid that got on drums, got all excited and jump around until he almost broke his leg...he was in severe pain when he was playing, the kid on the guitar got to keep the axe...I thought it was a cool moment but I also think they abused the crowd participation a bit too much, in a way an intelligent move, considering the bulk of their audeience ranges between 9 and 14...I was like, wtf??? but then again, how cool it was too see whole families at a punk rock show, the wholesome american family values coming together while Billy Joe Armstrong put his hands down his pants and grabbed his dick right before screamming "someody fuck me!!!" :biggrin:

Music!!! :) I really enjoyed seeing them and how tight this band is, American Idiot sounded awesome, the whole album (almost) and then all those songs from Dookie...good memories, overall...a great concert!

There is nothing in your review about crowd surfing. I am therefore simply not interested! :D

Great review.. i felt the same way funk.. good review.

Ahhh dookie.. my fav album.. luff it :D

I dont know why everybody likes them so much? They were SO much better before they went mainstream

go ban yourself! :finger:

actually, you got a point there, bimbo! unfortunately, that's the caser most of the times, I feel they try to stay humble...but also, they can't hide the fact that they are almost like a cartoon today, their image is being exploited big time and they are definitively getting an exposure that could result in overkill...I thinkk with American Idiott they played all the cards they had and saved for long, they actually went out and accused the government of this and that, sent politicians to fuck goats and wrote some hardcore heartfelt tunes out there, the record is an Ace!

Now...how punk can you stay with a mansion in beverly hills and a green hummer? :biggrin:

I'm an old skool greenday fan and just because they are "mainstream" doesn't mean they aren't good anymore....

i think too many people equate success of a band into them sucking all of a sudden... gheyyyy.

i did feel kind of old at the show though.. there were so many young kids there... and all this time i thought today's youth was into hip-hop... thank God there are still some 'wanna be punk rockers' out there :D

I'm an old skool greenday fan and just because they are "mainstream" doesn't mean they aren't good anymore....

i think too many people equate success of a band into them sucking all of a sudden... gheyyyy.

i did feel kind of old at the show though.. there were so many young kids there... and all this time i thought today's youth was into hip-hop... thank God there are still some 'wanna be punk rockers' out there :D

Nah Lola, their success is fabricated... they arent good anymore cuz they just arent good.. If your an old skool Green Day fan, then you can certainly attest to their music being ALOT better back then as to the crap they are releasing these days..

what kills me the most is that everybody is hailing them as the saviours of Rock-n-Roll.. which in all honesty, are FAR from it

Nah Lola, their success is fabricated... they arent good anymore cuz they just arent good.. If your an old skool Green Day fan, then you can certainly attest to their music being ALOT better back then as to the crap they are releasing these days..

what kills me the most is that everybody is hailing them as the saviours of Rock-n-Roll.. which in all honesty, are FAR from it

i agree that their old shit is much better.. but just because i prefer dookie over any album doesn't mean i can't enjoy their show... Fabricated? No.. the kids of today enjoy the albums they put out today.. thats not fabricated.. they have new fans and yes these fans are younger... But just because they have younger fans and they are a little less hardcore punkish doesn't mean they suck. They've just changed with the times....

I haven't claimed they saved shit. To me, rock these days sucks ass and kids of america are overtaken by hip hop and raggeton or whatever the fuck they call that shit.

thank God for classic rock in times like these. LOL :aright:

i agree that their old shit is much better.. but just because i prefer dookie over any album doesn't mean i can't enjoy their show... Fabricated? No.. the kids of today enjoy the albums they put out today.. thats not fabricated.. they have new fans and yes these fans are younger... But just because they have younger fans and they are a little less hardcore punkish doesn't mean they suck. They've just changed with the times....

I haven't claimed they saved shit. To me, rock these days sucks ass and kids of america are overtaken by hip hop and raggeton or whatever the fuck they call that shit.

thank God for classic rock in times like these. LOL :aright:

lol... Laura, I never mentioned you personally in any of my posts!

Either way, from what I've seen, their current success is and has been fabricated by the media. It's what makes the world turn and you can't deny the hype swirling around them when they released their last album. It was so much hype that it was seriously rediculous.. not to mention that the album isnt very good which is the point that I'm trying to make.

Also, unless you work for Rolling Stone, Billboard or Spin magazine, I seriously doubt that you would have claimed them to be the saviours of Rock-n-Roll :tongue:

But I do agree that Rock these days suck. I havent seen any direction in Rock for atleast a decade. New bands like Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Yellowcard, The Strokes, The Bravery and even Louie the XIV have sort of renewed my faith in Rock-n-Roll.

Now, I understand that American Idiot is a concept album. It's one that has to be listened to as a whole but in comparison to other concept albums from our generation like Smashing Pumpkin's Melancholy & The Infinite Sadness or Nine Inch Nails' Downward Spiral it's quality doesn't even come close.

I dont know, I guess I'm just ranting on here about nothing. I just prefer the older Green Day.

lol... Laura, I never mentioned you personally in any of my posts!

Either way, from what I've seen, their current success is and has been fabricated by the media. It's what makes the world turn and you can't deny the hype swirling around them when they released their last album. It was so much hype that it was seriously rediculous.. not to mention that the album isnt very good which is the point that I'm trying to make.

Also, unless you work for Rolling Stone, Billboard or Spin magazine, I seriously doubt that you would have claimed them to be the saviours of Rock-n-Roll :tongue:

But I do agree that Rock these days suck. I havent seen any direction in Rock for atleast a decade. New bands like Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Yellowcard, The Strokes, The Bravery and even Louie the XIV have sort of renewed my faith in Rock-n-Roll.

Now, I understand that American Idiot is a concept album. It's one that has to be listened to as a whole but in comparison to other concept albums from our generation like Smashing Pumpkin's Melancholy & The Infinite Sadness or Nine Inch Nails' Downward Spiral it's quality doesn't even come close.

I dont know, I guess I'm just ranting on here about nothing. I just prefer the older Green Day.

oh i know you didn't mean personally danny. LOL I guess i'm just trying to say that i agree 100% that their older stuff rocks way more than the new stuff..

But i think hype can be associated with almost any artist these days... The same thing was said when metallica cut their hair off and released the black album.. ya know? I think all the media hype makes people think the band sucks, when perhaps in reality, it just takes a different direction.

So i hear ya danny... i guess our perception of album fabrication just differs...

:kiss2: