Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best complete album EVER.

fat0ny

I beg to differ....there are some "whatever" tracks on there....

If you were to really see the album as a whole (which is what this thread is about), it was each of the individual group member solo works put together as an album. Look at the track credits and you'll see what Im talking about. This is why I like the album so much.

Lester Bangs described it as "The first album in the history of Rock by four solo artists in one band."

This album was also acrymonious with The Beatles parting ways as tension grew with band memebers incited by Yoko, Paul's distain for individual work and over general ego of the group.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were to really see the album as a whole (which is what this thread is about), it was each of the individual group member solo works put together as an album. Look at the track credits and you'll see what Im talking about. This is why I like the album so much.

Lester Bangs described it as "The first album in the history of Rock by four solo artists in one band."

This album was also acrymonious with The Beatles parting ways as tension grew with band memebers incited by Yoko, Paul's distain for individual work and over general ego of the group.

:eek: I didn't know you listened to anything but reggaeton

Pink Floyd - The Wall .. yeah dark side of the moon is a better album musically, but personally, I just love the wall.

Led Zeppelin IV - will always remind me of marine corps boot camp ... being in hell for 3 months with no tv, music, life, etc ... and finally getting to go to the PX (store) and buying a walk man, batteries, and that one tape .. all I could afford ... and staying up all night listening to it thinking that things couldnt get any better than that :) (now it takes a great DJ and a lot more than I spent on that walkman and tape)

then of course how could anyone not mention

Milli-Vanilli-All-Or-Nothing-196589.jpg

blah!!! :hat:

B000001F3C.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Track List : Sunday Bloody Sunday, Seconds, New Year's Day, Like A Song, Drowning Man, The Refugee, Two Hearts Beat As One, Red Light, Surrender, "40"

War was the third LP to be released by U2. It came out in March 1983, and signalled their emergence as a mainstream band when it entered the british chart at number one, dislodging Michael Jackson in the process ("It couldn't happen to a nicer guy" - Bono). Constant touring throughout the UK, mainland Europe and the US ensured that there were enough loyal fans out there to ensure that 'War' was a success.

During the tour to promote 'War', several live recordings were made which were later to appear as the live mini-LP, 'Under A Blood Red Sky'.\

B000001F5F.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Track List : Gloria, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow, Party Girl, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Electric Co., New Year's Day, "40"

B000001FA4.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"The Unforgettable Fire was a beautifully out-of-focus record, blurred like an impressionist painting, very unlike a billboard or an advertising slogan." --Bono, 1987

Track List

1. A Sort of Homecoming 05:28

2. Pride (In the Name of Love) 03:47

3. Wire 04:19

4. The Unforgettable Fire 04:55

5. Promenade 02:34

6. 4th of July 02:14

7. Bad 05:51

8. Indian Summer Sky 04:19

9. Elvis Presley and America 06:22

10. MLK

I would be hard pressed to say that 'Achtung Baby' is their most complete album.

Ever.

Somehow bands are measured by that one album they made at their peak...for U2 it would have to be Joshua Tree, but I agree with you...Achtung Baby is an amazing piece of work...the way they tweaked those knobs and got drums, bass and guitars to sound like that...great songs from begining to end.

:rock:

I saw the Zoo TV tour open and close right here in Miami, that was the one time in my life when I was a true fan of a band and that band was U2...I played that cassette until it couldn't play anymore :biggrin:

B000001DTM.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

1. Zoo Station

2. Even Better Than The Real Thing

3. One

4. Until The End Of The World

5. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

6. So Cruel

7. The Fly

8. Mysterious Ways

9. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World

10. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

11. Acrobat

12. Love Is Blindness

you picked that over their first album and Rio?.....What's good on that album besides Ordinary World and Come Undone?

I agree that those are the best songs on that album but I also like 'Sin of the City' and 'Breath After Breath' as well. But I think my favorite Duran Duran songs of all time are:

Rio

Come Undone

Save a Prayer

Hungry Like the Wolf

Ordinary World

Girls on Film

In that order. :D

• 2 weeks later...