Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So Metropolis is opening next week...

philippio

I don't know about you, but I'm not excited in the least. :jerkoff:

Another day in Miami, another club opening its doors. :rolleyes:

In fact, I'm anxious to get a good chuckle out of either of two possible scenarios:

1.) watching Space make Metropolis fall flat on its face

2.) watching Metropolis make Space fall flat on its face

Either way, the spectacle will make for some good laughs!

But with regards to Metropolis, you know what they say in real estate...

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! :D

In fact, I'm anxious to get a good chuckle out of either of two possible scenarios:

:blah::blah::blah:

Are you suggesting that Metropolis will turn into Office Depot soon? :D

LOLOL...

Why is it everytime that new club opens the peolple who run it think that are god's gift? I went to Metropolis last week to drop a demo and the guy who was in charge asked where I spun and I told him Crobar and Pearl and he said "Oh really, I never haerd of you". The attitude was THICK! He then told me to take a seat in another part of the club and he made me wait 35min just to have someone else come out and tell me that he was way to busy to give me 2mins? I gave that mother fucker 35 and he could'nt even give me 2. WTF!

On the other hand the club looks pretty cool I just didnt like the attitude the guy gave me... FUCKIN PRICK!!

Are you suggesting that Metropolis will turn into Office Depot soon?

nah, not at all, I don't hate on club. :D

I think it great that new clubs open, it kind of give us (patrons) entertainment watching them go head to head trying to get our business.

But during the time that maze was around it was a big war between Space and Maze, and a obvious one too. It got so bad that things where blowing up .. lol

:)

LOLOL...

Why is it everytime that new club opens the peolple who run it think that are god's gift? I went to Metropolis last week to drop a demo and the guy who was in charge asked where I spun and I told him Crobar and Pearl and he said "Oh really, I never haerd of you". The attitude was THICK! He then told me to take a seat in another part of the club and he made me wait 35min just to have someone else come out and tell me that he was way to busy to give me 2mins? I gave that mother fucker 35 and he could'nt even give me 2. WTF!

On the other hand the club looks pretty cool I just didnt like the attitude the guy gave me... FUCKIN PRICK!!

history repeats itself over and over...

since you seem to be so cynical. what viable suggestions, would you have that would help to make Metropolis a success?? you don’t strike me as a person that would roll over and play dead; when a challenge presents itself.

part of the reason the scene has gone to shit in miami..is the sheep like mentality; where everyone just follows the leader. IMO this rather pathetic, for a scene which was once very exciting.

what Metropolis is trying to do is interesting... it’s my hope that they succeed, because our scene is on "life support "as of late.

since you seem to be so cynical. what viable suggestions, would you have that would help to make Metropolis a success?? you don’t strike me as a person that would roll over and play dead; when a challenge presents itself.

part of the reason the scene has gone to shit in miami..is the sheep like mentality; where everyone just follows the leader. IMO this rather pathetic, for a scene which was once very exciting.

First, do some research before you open a new club. Find out if there is demand for a club that plays the same music as every other club. Hire a street team, send them to SoBe, ask them to hand out mini-surveys to passers-by and to leave questionnaires with EVERY concierge in every hotel in Miami. Make them attractive enough and people will answer them. Start a website BEFORE opening the club to get feedback from potential patrons. Post a link on every nightlife messageboard. Send your street team to every university in the area to post questionnaires on student boards (this is especially important if you are planning to cater to the 18+ crowd). If you think you have a NEW idea, prove it BEFORE you open a club. But don't open a club with what YOU think is a NEW idea only to end up running a club that plays the EXACT SAME music every other club plays.

Then, put yourself in the average tourist's shoes. You are staying at a hotel on SoBe. You've spent all morning tanning on the beach and all afternoon windowshopping on Lincoln Road. After dinner, would you be more willing to hail a cab and head to a neighborhood whose focal point is Camillus House, be harrassed by 8 bums for money before you even make it to the club's queue (while worrying about the same bothersome task of heading back home) or would you rather hail a cab to Crobar, Deep, Opium, Prive, Pearl, Nikki Beach, Blue, Mansion and a whole shitload of other places (keeping in mind that your concierge has given you free passes to all)???

Opening a 50,000 square foot nightclub is a pretty bold move, regardless of how much starting capital you may have access to. Why not protect your investment and prove to your shareholders that you have a sound plan of action BEFORE you start? :D

I wana build a club that is outdoor but it looks like its indoor and the inside of the club I want to make it look like the outdoors...... ;)

People will love it.!

bro...sound great, you can paint clouds in the ceiling and hire beggars and thieves to walk around inside so you can feel that you are actually outside :)

First, do some research before you open a new club. Find out if there is demand for a club that plays the same music as every other club. Hire a street team, send them to SoBe, ask them to hand out mini-surveys to passers-by and to leave questionnaires with EVERY concierge in every hotel in Miami. Make them attractive enough and people will answer them. Start a website BEFORE opening the club to get feedback from potential patrons. Post a link on every nightlife messageboard. Send your street team to every university in the area to post questionnaires on student boards (this is especially important if you are planning to cater to the 18+ crowd). If you think you have a NEW idea, prove it BEFORE you open a club. But don't open a club with what YOU think is a NEW idea only to end up running a club that plays the EXACT SAME music every other club plays.

Then, put yourself in the average tourist's shoes. You are staying at a hotel on SoBe. You've spent all morning tanning on the beach and all afternoon windowshopping on Lincoln Road. After dinner, would you be more willing to hail a cab and head to a neighborhood whose focal point is Camillus House, be harrassed by 8 bums for money before you even make it to the club's queue (while worrying about the same bothersome task of heading back home) or would you rather hail a cab to Crobar, Deep, Opium, Prive, Pearl, Nikki Beach, Blue, Mansion and a whole shitload of other places (keeping in mind that your concierge has given you free passes to all)???

Opening a 50,000 square foot nightclub is a pretty bold move, regardless of how much starting capital you may have access to. Why not protect your investment and prove to your shareholders that you have a sound plan of action BEFORE you start? :D

as far as the marketing aspects, most of it is being done by most clubs already. hence, it would seem logical Metropolis, will at least do that.

New Ideas are just that "New"... proving you have a new idea seems somewhat unreasonable.. the results of your new idea's will be your success or failure.

McDonald's sells hamburgers, so I guess Burger King should stop selling hamburgers since they sell the exact same thing?? you play the music that brings people in, and pays the bills.

3k plus people hit Space every weekend; which is located in one of the worst neighborhoods in Miami. your average tourist is going to go to the club that is "happening", regardless of the neighborhood it’s located in. Space has already proved that…

opening a 50,000 square foot nightclub is a pretty bold move. opening ANY new business is a bold move; there is no clear cut way to protect your investment. as with any new business there is a risk of losing your investment. the most successful people in business became successful, because they took risk. :)

I wana build a club that is outdoor but it looks like its indoor and the inside of the club I want to make it look like the outdoors...... ;)

People will love it.!

Heh.. Ive thought about something similar. A club thats surrounded by huge see through glass in an awesome spot in Miami bordering the bay... with a rooftop like Amnesia in Ibiza. The feel would be a stylish, dark like, with a Miami Skyline background that would entorch the view. A patio on a second floor overlooking the bay.. this idea fits well on a Key Biscayne like location... thats my club right there. There are small clubs and pubs like yage, but this are very small scale.