Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oh lord, he's back.

greenie

Hey gang. Pardon my interruption of standard CP forum pimping and jibberjabber, but after a very rough couple of months I just wanted to give a shout to the regulars who i've gotten to know over the past year on this board.

Special thanks to those of you who PMed, emailed and/or called to make sure I was still alive, and later shared your wishes and sympathies. It definitely means a lot to this forlorn Colorado clubber.

And additional thanks to the following folks for making my LV visits so special that I've had great memories to look back on... and certain good times to look forward to:

Bill & Mecca

DJ MasterWeb & OPM

LA[asterisks]Late

Kristin

Sandra

Collen

Donna

Can't wait to catch up and reconnect with the rest of you that bumped into me earlier this year... even those of you I may not consciously remember! :drool:

Greenie, don't forget about Benny and Tiffany of Mr VIP

True true, you guys took great care of my boy Andrew and I in June. Didn't forget about you, but I was keeping my list short, and limited to the folks above have taken care of me many times in the past year.

Here's what I'd like to see from Tao (or any class joint): giving the hosts that work with them the ability to provide basic VIP treatment (read: line passes) for small parties of 1-2 guys without asking us to spend $300+ each.

Case in point: I've only gone to Pure once and don't see myself going back again. I went on my own on a Friday night in July, and had a fantastic time... once I got in, that is. Arrived around 10:15p and didn't get in until about 12:30a. Would have been happy to reserve a VIP pass in advance for $100+ but of all the hosts that I spoke to, they all echoed the same thing: that even with bottle reservations, you'd still likely wind up waiting an hour outside.

And in reality, as great as Pure was that night it hasn't come close to any of the epic nights I've had at BE, OPM, ICE, Tangerine and Drai's, where even for the most in-demand, special occasions I don't think I've ever spent more than $75 to get in the door without waiting. (and that sort of expense has been rare, rare, rare)

Obviously I'm not a hooked-up local nor someone with enough clout to work a deal at Pure... but there's been no other place in town the last few years that I've had so much trouble getting into. Hell, I've had better experiences getting into Light.

You'd think that any club in LV would be interested in making things easier for people like me: well dressed, well groomed, and club-experienced singles willing to make a reservation with a host and drop proper cash just to get in the door. Not to mention someone who wouldn't once complain about $10 cocktails.

Guess I'm just naive. :rolleyes:

If we're talking about a small, intimate, upscale and massively-in-demand club then I wouldn't raise a stink about not accommodating the smaller fish like me. But Pure was hardly this kind of place, in fact with the exception of demand it's entirely the opposite: gigantic, bombastic, and full of people who would barely know the difference between Pure and 54. And it's in Las Vegas.

All this said, I'm definitely looking forward to hitting up Tao in early October. That is, provided I don't need to wait two hours or spend $150 by myself to avoid the wait.

Here's what I'd like to see from Tao (or any class joint): giving the hosts that work with them the ability to provide basic VIP treatment (read: line passes) for small parties of 1-2 guys without asking us to spend $300+ each.

Case in point: I've only gone to Pure once and don't see myself going back again. I went on my own on a Friday night in July, and had a fantastic time... once I got in, that is. Arrived around 10:15p and didn't get in until about 12:30a. Would have been happy to reserve a VIP pass in advance for $100+ but of all the hosts that I spoke to, they all echoed the same thing: that even with bottle reservations, you'd still likely wind up waiting an hour outside.

And in reality, as great as Pure was that night it hasn't come close to any of the epic nights I've had at BE, OPM, ICE, Tangerine and Drai's, where even for the most in-demand, special occasions I don't think I've ever spent more than $75 to get in the door without waiting. (and that sort of expense has been rare, rare, rare)

Obviously I'm not a hooked-up local nor someone with enough clout to work a deal at Pure... but there's been no other place in town the last few years that I've had so much trouble getting into. Hell, I've had better experiences getting into Light.

You'd think that any club in LV would be interested in making things easier for people like me: well dressed, well groomed, and club-experienced singles willing to make a reservation with a host and drop proper cash just to get in the door. Not to mention someone who wouldn't once complain about $10 cocktails.

Guess I'm just naive. :rolleyes:

If we're talking about a small, intimate, upscale and massively-in-demand club then I wouldn't raise a stink about not accommodating the smaller fish like me. But Pure was hardly this kind of place, in fact with the exception of demand it's entirely the opposite: gigantic, bombastic, and full of people who would barely know the difference between Pure and 54. And it's in Las Vegas.

All this said, I'm definitely looking forward to hitting up Tao in early October. That is, provided I don't need to wait two hours or spend $150 by myself to avoid the wait.

Well said as always. Alll those prices you mentioned are close to outrageous. ... certain vegas venues still "think" they can even charge close to $15 for a nonpremium drink while other venues are charging $8.

Greenie, I know how you feel about Pure. Actually, you should've called us when you came into town in July so we could've prevented your wait. We just took a few guys into Pure last weekend and we waited all of 5 minutes, but I still feel your pain. I've waited in a few lines myself at nightclubs before I was involved in the industry so I know that it's not fun. The last time I waited in line at a nightclub was in 2001 or 2002 when I went to Ra with a few friends. I actually waited for about 30 minutes. The reason that I don't like getting people put onto VIP lists is because a few years back, but friend was supposed to put me on the VIP list for Studio 54 for Eden night and he forgot, so I waited in line for another 30 minutes.