Clubplanet Nightlife Community

URGENT! How was DJ Apotheosis last nite???

jdogg

Thanks for all the feedback people.....kind of just wanted to know what everyone's opinion on the evening was hoping to enjoy a moment of what it felt like to be there because I couldn't go. Now that the drama has been dragged into it, I didn't really get that moment of happiness!!! Even sadder now!!!

frown.gif

1. Thank you people. I really appreciate everyone that came down.

2. old music? WHO are you comparing me to- Whats your point of reference?

3. EZdreamer - thanks for your input, altho- I was unsure of what you meant also.

4. BlueAngel - Wish you've seen me live first, when using my pioneer system I use the auto BPM counter to lock in my effects, nothing "mixes" for me.

*knowing a BPM of 2 sources is just a reference, besides most house is close enough in tempo anyway to "catch".

5. (should of been #1) Thanks for this thread

6. nightcrawler: yeah I walked away from that going wow what a small world, AND the fact your friend was Optimus Prime???

7. I feel like I wasnt at my best sat frown.gif Rachel -you should of, that guy gave me drama all night. Rita was screaming at the guy, my friend Danny told him off, and my friend Tom was gonna knoock him silly, actually both of them. The Owner too.

Aside from that, the night was a success.

Hope to see you all WED!

------------------

Use email DJmikeDR@aol.com

PM way too slow!

That’s the whole entire purpose of buying a CD mixer in the first place. DJs uses them to premix their mixes so that they can preset it to play during a long set.

Where did this term come from? And "premix" their mixes?????

you never call a mixer a Turntable mixer, so where do people get this name from?

Any mixer can be used to mix any format.

an interesting note tho:

the Pioneer DJM500 (so called CD Mixer) I believe (and seen) is one of the most used mixers WITH turntables all over the world.

Point of reference: DJ on stage at Gatecrasher, Cream rave in Montreal, every club in Greece, Hungary, France, ect.

------------------

PM way too slow!

[This message has been edited by apotheosis (edited 12-11-2000).]

Originally posted by apotheosis:

4. BlueAngel - Wish you've seen me live first, when using my pioneer system I use the auto BPM counter to lock in my effects, nothing "mixes" for me.

*knowing a BPM of 2 sources is just a reference, besides most house is close enough in tempo anyway to "catch".

Mike, I'm sorry I couldn't make it. It's kinda hard for me to make it up to Queens. . . mostly because I get real lost up there. Maybe if you can play somewhere in the city then I'll definately make it.

Nevertheless, I didn't say you were a less of a DJ just because you use a CD mixer that wasn't my point.

I'll see you on Wednesday!

BlueAngel

------------------

“Hypocrisy is the lubricant of society." -David Hull angel.gif

Originally posted by spoonyd:

Uhm, one would assume a calender.

Excelent. Direct negative comment avoiding the question itself. Outcome: Jealousy?

Thank you. I feel better now.

------------------

PM way too slow!

Originally posted by namistai:

Rocked? Yeah ok...I heard better mixing at Chuckie Cheese. My little sister can can mix better.

No skills involved in mixing cds. Next time play music from at least within the past year, not from six years ago.

personally i dont like to see Djs mix CDs i dunno why i kinda go ehh ... but its a totally different story when he using CDs cuz they are his own tracks ... its too fucking expensive to have plates cut , not to mention no one even close to here cuts a good plate ,... so in mikeys case i let teh CDs slide =) ... but for the most part i think dj's should spin wax ... the only reason vinyl is still pressed is for Djs and i'd rather hear vinyl than cd or cassett anyway .. i think records have the best sound ... anyways .. big up apotheosis ..

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Wow, this thread went downhill quick.

Mikey, I confess, I know nothing at all about mixing...come to think of it I don't know all that much about music. I only know what gets me moving, and you did. You have my support and I will make all efforts to see you again. I had a great time and so did my friends that tagged along smile.gifcwm38.gif

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

Originally posted by edge420:

Best worst-time i ever had. j303j - you know what i'm sayin. Cathyo, I think your friend said it best when he asked if my ClubNYC user name was "Inthedoghouse" LOL.

LOL!! Yeah, it looked like there were some issues happenin' that night! At least you got yourself up and danced though! No use in pouting! I asked Mike what he was talking to you about and he told me...I almost died! Whatever is on his mind is right on the tip of his tongue...I have to be prepared for anything w/him.

It was great meeting you (and all the others, new and old!) I hope all worked out for you!

BTW, I know I didn't meet everyone responding to this post...how did I miss you?? I was there until about 3:00.

Maybe next time!

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

I feel quite the contrary... I feel like a learned a thing or two about djing and mixing in regards to vynil and cds...

I don't see that much drama... just opinions and it's a good thing on a subject that does belong on this board.

Threads don't always have to agree on everything... if everyone agreed on everything, what would there be to talk about?

------------------

Dream a little dream... and fawk the dejavus and nightmares!

caveman.gif

Ok, sorry to post this review so late, but I haven't been able to hit up the Internet in a few days...

Mikey...I had a great time coming out to Queens to see you spin...I thought you did a great job mixing and really enjoyed the beats that you played...I especially enjoyed "Wake de Man", which I think is the best reggae song...and loved the transition from the reggae back into the hard happy house...that was excellent!

As for Clubplanet peeps...I'm sorry to say that I didn't really meet anyone new...I brought a beautiful young lady with me and didn't want to just ditch her and start chillin with everyone else...I guess I'll have to meet you all on Wed. at the diner meet-up...I did see Claudio and James though who were having a good time as usual...

Thanks again for the CD Mikey...I listened to it all weekend and think it is money!!! cwm30.gif

------------------

"Up all night...sleep all day."

AIM - E123NYC

IntroLogoM.jpg

Archived