Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sunset Sessions Anniversary @ BLUE: Review

philippio

I was quite amazed at the turnout. In general, the music was pretty good. Lyrik and Sebastian DEFINITELY took the spotlight last night! Amazing tag team performance!!! Two things to note: the booth volume shouldn't be turned off. The booth speaker is the only front end sound that Blue has. The speakers upstairs in the back are starting to crap out. It is VERY noticeable and quite disturbing if you're dancing close to the dj booth and the monitor volume is alternating between on and off! All yo hear is muffled basslines coming from the subs. Second thing, although music flowed for the most part, Andrew should have played before Lyrik and Sebastian, not after. There was a very noticeable drop in energy and although Andrew's set was decent, he lost my attention dropping from jacking Chicago goodness to latin and percussive/tribal tracks. James' slot was well placed and although his mixing is on point (and he uses a significant amount of vinyl), he plays way too progressive for my taste. Luckily Jimmy T., revived some of the energy even though Andrew did a sufficient job of picking up the slack during the latter half of his set. Seth played his newly produced track but by the time he was on, I already had a few too many alcoholic concoctions in me. As Jimmy was dropping some bombs, I was dancing off the alcohol. Basically, everyone was loving his set. I wobbled out just after James played his second track so I missed Eric's set altogether.

Then we headed to raincry's apartment where meng taught me how to play Texas Hold' Em (in the hopes that I'll join the tournament, perhaps). :D

Just a reminder that Sebastian and Jimmy T. will be spinning at Nocturnal next saturday. If you missed last night (you're not excused) you've got another chance! SUPPORT!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

And now it's time for Blueapalooza Part II: Lust4House presents The Saturday Social with guest djs Josh Wilkins and Jask alongside residents Sheldon Prince and Jason Wiggill! :getdown:

I headed out to Blue after my band gig at Finnegan's and was very impressed by the jamming that was going on during Jimmy's set.

If you wanna ride, you ride the white horse. Great energy going on. Although my favorite set was Jimmy's, the next dj's were sounding kickass as well.

I liked Eric's set. He was rico suave smooth on the mixes....too bad people started leaving during his set.

I was happy top see many peeps I hadn't seen in a while: Leo, Jimmy, Funk, Rachel, Chaz, Obby.....

I hope you guys can squeeze me in one of those sessions sometime. The vibe was jammin'.

Who has that crazy chic going off on the dancefloor at the end of the night? She was all over the place! lol

And Eric, watch out for the new up and coming No Limit Texas Hold'em master, Phillip "The Greek"!

My brother and I met up after Blue at Chaz and Rachel's for a couple of more drinks so I had to bust out the poker chips.

Maybe we'll see Phillip "The Greek" soon at one of the tourneys.

Anyways, good to see and hang with you guys.

til next time,

Meng Moneymaker

That seems to be a CP favorite excuse these days... Maybe you should be awarded frequent liar miles/points.

lol......too bad you didn't make it jenice.....i missed seeing you.

sean it was great seeing you again and the druids for the first time....you are one talented drummer....and it's too bad we couldn't stay till the end of your set.....good to hang out with obby....i wish you spun that night as well....i especially enjoyed jimmy and sebastian's set.....james thanks for the cake....i was only able to have one bite....but it was delish.....it's always a pleasure seeing funk, kokester, gina, alan, eric, lyrik, andrew and others....i can't remember right now....oh yeah it was finally nice to meet michelle and cat.....what cuties....now it's time to go back and soak my poor tired footies....

Phil, nothing else (or anything really) good to say about my set? I actually stayed away from true progressive and messed up by playing the wrong side of the record twice. I didn't actually mean to play that breaky track for the first record I played, but it worked pretty well I think (Meat Katey :-) ). The entire mix was put together on the spot and I didn't get to pick through my records I wanted to bring because the day had been so hectic preparing for the party. So I could not throw down some nasty gems like a Ben Grassini dub track with "The way we used to do it" accapella. I actually am not even sure of what I played in total except for three tracks, but people still seemed to enjoy it eventhough I am not Jimmy T or Sebastian (where the hell did the smilies go) LoL. But thanks for you thoughts anyway double-finger.gif

Phil, nothing else (or anything really) good to say about my set? I actually stayed away from true progressive and messed up by playing the wrong side of the record twice. I didn't actually mean to play that breaky track for the first record I played, but it worked pretty well I think (Meat Katey :-) ). The entire mix was put together on the spot and I didn't get to pick through my records I wanted to bring because the day had been so hectic preparing for the party. So I could not throw down some nasty gems like a Ben Grassini dub track with "The way we used to do it" accapella. I actually am not even sure of what I played in total except for three tracks, but people still seemed to enjoy it eventhough I am not Jimmy T or Sebastian (where the hell did the smilies go) LoL. But thanks for you thoughts anyway double-finger.gif

:isok: Relax, kid... :D

lol......too bad you didn't make it jenice.....i missed seeing you.

sean it was great seeing you again and the druids for the first time....you are one talented drummer....and it's too bad we couldn't stay till the end of your set.....good to hang out with obby....i wish you spun that night as well....i especially enjoyed jimmy and sebastian's set.....james thanks for the cake....i was only able to have one bite....but it was delish.....it's always a pleasure seeing funk, kokester, gina, alan, eric, lyrik, andrew and others....i can't remember right now....oh yeah it was finally nice to meet michelle and cat.....what cuties....now it's time to go back and soak my poor tired footies....

Thanks for having me and my brother over for breakfast...I mean Jim Beam..... :)

good to see you guys again

Wow, what a night! Place was packed THICK all night! Thanks to everyone for the amazing show of support. And eveyone who played, you all stepped up to the plate and delivered the goods. Just an amazing night!!

Not a review, but rather the standout moments of the night for me: The Future of the Future (Stay Gold) ..heh, yeah I played it, but its one of my favorits songs, so it stood out LOL...the Frisky Friday preview with Lyrik, Seth, and Sebastian, fucking wicked! Andrew going Latin on us, and yes, napkins were thrown! Jimmy T dropping Ride the White Horse and Rob Base...just killed it!...James, bringing it very housey, and Eric dropping and INXS remix..there's something about you girl, that makes me sweat Most peeps see Eric as a trance DJ, but I know better, he's versitible enough to fit in even with the house crowd and finished the night in style!

Till next time... 8)

PS. I know there were lots of cameras out...everyone please send me some of your pix and I'll put together a gallery...tnx, pm or email to djalanstenback@hotmail.com

good to hang out with obby....i wish you spun that night as well........

You're so sweet! Thanks. I always look forward in running into and hanging with both of you. I had a great time hanging with everyone. Loved EVERYONE'S sets. Andrews Latin twist was nice to hear along with everyone else's creativity.

that would be meat k-a-t-i-e ;)

You beat me to it!