Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Astros vs. Braves

wallflour

Ehh.. I was cheering for Atlanta, but still, what a game. Sat through every minute of it.

Congrats to Houston (I guess)..

Cards are gonna whip their asses anyways.

this series is gonna be just like last years. cards are favorite but i wouldnt be surprised if the astros pull it off.

this series is gonna be just like last years. cards are favorite but i wouldnt be surprised if the astros pull it off.

I think the Astros will def. win. Starting pitching is what wins postseason games and Astros have a killer 1-2-3 rotation w/ Clemens, Pettitte, and Oswalt. Also, Brad Lidge is one of the best closers in the game. Whether or not they can generate enough offense though remains to be seen. They seemed to do just fine against Atlanta.

I was flipping through this while watching football yesterday, but when Clemens came on I ended up watching what I could. Crazy game

btw, is it me or does it seem like a them that every year the braves are going to win the division and every year fail miserably in the playoffs?

congrats stros

Another Division titles AS ALWAYS, what's this like the 14th year!?!

And they have yet to make it to the WS!!!!

What good is it to win ur division, when you get no where....poor Bobby Cox:(!!!

Braves won it all in 1995...They've been in the WS a few other times too. But yeah, their team is build only for the regular season it seems.

to be fair with the braves the last 2 years its just been a feat the fact they've won the division, let alone, make it to the playoffs. last two years they've just patched up their roster with a whole bunch of has beens (a-la jared wright) and whole lotta rookies and unproven players and still managed to win.

they need to keep the squad together if they wanna go anywhere in the future.

i'm still happy to see them lose though - ATL fans suck ass. they dont even fill up the stadium for the playoffs. they deserve the fucking atlanta hawks and thrashers for all i'm concerned.

Another Division titles AS ALWAYS, what's this like the 14th year!?!

And they have yet to make it to the WS!!!!

What good is it to win ur division, when you get no where....poor Bobby Cox:(!!!

They've been to the WS a couple of times since they won it all 10 years ago.

Either way, Im still happy to see the look on Bobby Cox face every year when he loses in the playoffs.

Its sorta like that gratifying feeling of seeing the look of dismay and utter defeat on Bobby Bowden's face when they lose to the Hurricanes every year.

As you can see, I dont like Bobby's :funny:

They've been to the WS a couple of times since they won it all 10 years ago.

Either way, Im still happy to see the look on Bobby Cox face every year when he loses in the playoffs.

Its sorta like that gratifying feeling of seeing the look of dismay and utter defeat on Bobby Bowden's face when they lose to the Hurricanes every year.

As you can see, I dont like Bobby's :funny:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ok so they were in the WS in 1996 lets see that was 9 years ago................and my 14 years remarks was one of sarcasm, as it has been forever since they've made it to the WS!!!!!

God I hate proving im right:rolleyes:!!!!!!

2004 Boston 4, St. Louis 0

2003 Florida 4, NY Yankees 2

2002 Anaheim 4, San Francisco 3

2001 Arizona 4, NY Yankees 3

2000 NY Yankees 4, NY Mets 1

1999 NY Yankees 4, Atlanta 0

1998 NY Yankees 4, San Diego 0

1997 Florida 4, Cleveland 3

1996 NY Yankees 4, Atlanta 2

1995 Atlanta 4, Cleveland 2

You should have said they have been in the WS a couple of times before that;)!!!!!!

Ehh.. I'm with the Cards on this, and they deserve it.

I want Cards and Chisox in the World Series, two best teams in each of their respective leagues for the entire year.

For some reason I just pick Cards going all the way but we'll see!