Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Techincal DJ.......?

D:Fuze is really impressive..so seamless. I asw him at shampoo and he was absolutely thrilling...he played really deep techno which was surprising because all the other stuff I heard by him was house. None the less he blew Dave the drummer out, hands down. Also I have alot of respect for Josh Wink as far as skill goes..

um too broad of a question i dont think this can be answered.

I don't know. When I hear "technical DJ" I don't think Frankie Knuckles or Francois K for example. Don't get me wrong, they're genius and 2 of my all-time favorite DJs (which is so much more than technical skills!!!); but I've never really heard them play 3 records at the same time, including 1 backward, and throw in some acappella samples on top of it.

Also: Digweed's a pioneer? Eh? Hasn't he been around only since the mid-90s(?)

I don't know. When I hear "technical DJ" I don't think Frankie Knuckles or Francois K for example. Don't get me wrong, they're genius and 2 of my all-time favorite DJs (which is so much more than technical skills!!!); but I've never really heard them play 3 records at the same time, including 1 backward, and throw in some acappella samples on top of it.

Also: Digweed's a pioneer? Eh? Hasn't he been around only since the mid-90s(?)

hes been around longer than that..he was there when acid house began to blossom...many of the songs he plays on kiss100 or any live sets end up being played out by the majority of djs many months later...in that sense he is a pioneer...he always brings in a new sounds and everyone else jumps on it...a technical master w/ more origniality than anyone out there

hes been around longer than that..he was there when acid house began to blossom...many of the songs he plays on kiss100 or any live sets end up being played out by the majority of djs many months later...in that sense he is a pioneer...he always brings in a new sounds and everyone else jumps on it...a technical master w/ more origniality than anyone out there

Ok, I won't get into it too much but when I heard the word "pioneer" I thought of DJ Pierre or those folks ... individuals who actually invented a sound (Pierre, Knuckles, Hurley, ...) not the ones who brought it to the "dj-masses" ... it's fine. Digweed's cool, He's all right.

PS: unrelated but the new 'edit' function on this site's great.

D:Fuze is really impressive..so seamless. I asw him at shampoo and he was absolutely thrilling...he played really deep techno which was surprising because all the other stuff I heard by him was house. None the less he blew Dave the drummer out, hands down. Also I have alot of respect for Josh Wink as far as skill goes..

what the hell is "deep techno?" :huh: