Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Angello & Ingrosso Review

Im sorry but i think they were inferior. They played subpar at best. I was expecting bombs i never heard before, Not Roger Sanchez - turn on the music, or Martin Solvig - Everybody. Both tracks are old. I left very dissapointed. They cannot even compare to Lawler, Howells, Deep Dish, Sander K, or any of the top tier DJ's. I went into it very excited, and left very very dissapointed. The opening DJ did a better job to my ears. There mixing wasnt even that good. I remember when he was mixing out Turn on the music with the other track he was mixing in , it sounded like a big mess. They are still awesome producers, I love most of there work. But spinning wise, They were terrible. They played 1 awesome track, that I would like an id on. It was the 1st track they played at about 1, It was an electric female vocal, sorry couldnt make out any of the words. Any help would be great.

Im sorry but i think they were inferior. They played subpar at best. I was expecting bombs i never heard before, Not Roger Sanchez - turn on the music, or Martin Solvig - Everybody. Both tracks are old. I left very dissapointed. They cannot even compare to Lawler, Howells, Deep Dish, Sander K, or any of the top tier DJ's. I went into it very excited, and left very very dissapointed. The opening DJ did a better job to my ears. There mixing wasnt even that good. I remember when he was mixing out Turn on the music with the other track he was mixing in , it sounded like a big mess. They are still awesome producers, I love most of there work. But spinning wise, They were terrible. They played 1 awesome track, that I would like an id on. It was the 1st track they played at about 1, It was an electric female vocal, sorry couldnt make out any of the words. Any help would be great.

so many over-hyped guys playing these days ...the industry has become all hype and no substance

i guess im cheesey i had a blast... great night of music.. i didnt notice anything bad about the mixing.. as someone who dj's i usually notice bad moxing but i really didnt hear anything bad about last night.. and c'mon.. turn on the music was like 10-15 minutes into their set.. it got the crowd going.. everyone was into it...

I'm the first to admit I know VERY little about mixing, but I thought their track selection was really fun, aside from "Sweet Dreams," which is so overplayed I wish it would be banned. You definitely can't deny that the crowd was feeling it, and imo that is what really counts. I thought they killed it from about 2-3:15. It was a little corny with the really old school stuff at the end, but the crowd loved it and they played that "Work this Pussy" song that I haven't heard in years so that made up for it, haha.

so they perform for people and people have fun... yeah, that's just downright awful...

not saying its awful....i can walk into their party or mylo's or even tiesto's parties and have the best time in the world but im speaking striclty from a critiquing pt of view of the music but just bc people are having a good time doesn't necessarily mean that the dj is good and that the music is top notch

I'm the first to admit I know VERY little about mixing, but I thought their track selection was really fun, aside from "Sweet Dreams," which is so overplayed I wish it would be banned.

the Sweet Dreams is there new mix of it...

very similar to the original...just with a killer new bassline.

I thought there set was great...

I booked them expecting a very up for it crowd and just fun music. Which is whate we got.

They are 21 and 22 years old, they will develop in time to the level that those other guys mentioned are at. I doubt when Steve Lawler was 21 years old he was playing the same way he does now.

These guys are talented as hell. Give them some time to get some experience under their belts and im sure they will impress the shit out of everyone.

That being said...hope everyone had fun and we will let you know the next time they will be returning to NYC :)

i had a wonderful time. They did their job.....they played to the crowd, got everyone so into it. i didnt see one person there not having a good time......you people that complain need to loosen up, have a drink and a bump, enjoy the music and STFU

When I go out to see Big time DJ's I expect to hear Big time sets. The tracks they played I could have just as easly played at my house. I mean they have there own productions they could have played, Lipstick, For sale, 82 - 83, Not so dirty, I mean c'mon, there essential mix was awesome, why play this crap they played at cielo. The people that were having a good time, would have been dancing to anything they played, thats what I love about cielo, the people are not hard to please, just throw down some beats for them to dance too, and theyll be happy. But myself, and a lot of others on this board were expecting a lot more from these 2, and im sorry to say, THEY DID NOT DELIVER!!!! STICK TO PRODUCING!!!!!! YOUR AWESOME AT THAT!!!!!! SPINNING NOT YOUR THING!!!!

man if thats your mentality you must be one miserable person. Just go out and enjoy yourself...if the set was not for u then oh well what can u do. make the best of it....life is too short to be bitching about one little thing......

Im not really bitching, Im just stating my opinion, And no I am not miserable, because I live in the best city in the world, NYC, where I can hear great DJ's almost every week. Like Carl Cox this week, Steve Lawler next week, Danny T the week after that. Is it wrong to want to go out when im spending money and want to hear great music, from what are susposed to be great DJ's. I expected a lot out of them, Im sorry I was disapointed, but I was. If you were at spirit when Danny Howells was there, You'd know what im talking about. He just dropped Bomb after bomb, and it was all tracks I never heard before, Not tracks that are 6 mons old (Martin Solvig - Everybody)(which was terrible when it came out in the first place). C'mon man, I understand what your talking about, just go out and have fun, but you know your stuff, you have to agree with me that they were subpar compared others.

i think their track selection could have been much better yes.they have access to music that average joe schmoe DJ doesnt......but they were playing to the crowd and destroyed the floor......everyone was dancing. they did what they were hired to do ;).

but your right its your opinion....your entitled to it.

Andy made a good point about them being so young....perhaps they have yet to find their sound DJing wise?

i think their track selection could have been much better yes.they have access to music that average joe schmoe DJ doesnt......but they were playing to the crowd and destroyed the floor......everyone was dancing. they did what they were hired to do ;).

but your right its your opinion....your entitled to it.

Andy made a good point about them being so young....perhaps they have yet to find their sound DJing wise?

I can not disagree with there they are very young. They just show so much talent in there producing, I expected the same thing in there set.

great prodcuers dont make great djs, its been proven time adn time again. Also to much hype on the european djs/producers, give love to your NYC local talent like BRENDAN BENKE who opened for them. Then again also remember they are very young as well so you have to expect them to mature thru the yrs. Im sure they are gonna be around a while. And for ANYONE to compare these BABIES in the business with people who have been making or playing music since b4 these guys were born, is just plain amatuerish.

AND NO I WASNT THERE. But i will catch them next time they play if their productions continue sounding good, and if word gets around that thier good live no doubt, sadly though i didnt enjoy the essential mix at all. But, SOMETIMES IT BES THAT WAY.

When I go out to see Big time DJ's I expect to hear Big time sets. The tracks they played I could have just as easly played at my house. I mean they have there own productions they could have played, Lipstick, For sale, 82 - 83, Not so dirty, I mean c'mon, there essential mix was awesome, why play this crap they played at cielo. The people that were having a good time, would have been dancing to anything they played, thats what I love about cielo, the people are not hard to please, just throw down some beats for them to dance too, and theyll be happy. But myself, and a lot of others on this board were expecting a lot more from these 2, and im sorry to say, THEY DID NOT DELIVER!!!! STICK TO PRODUCING!!!!!! YOUR AWESOME AT THAT!!!!!! SPINNING NOT YOUR THING!!!!

How does anybody know that they're big time dj's if they've never heard them live before???? They're famous for their production skills, not their ability to rock a dancefloor.

How does anybody know that they're big time dj's if they've never heard them live before???? They're famous for their production skills, not their ability to rock a dancefloor.

That was my mistake, I figured that would be, based lonley on there production skills.

like 21, 22, 23 something like that. I always found it weird that young people can produce a goodsong or 2 and tehn they get booked all over the world, and people think thier the shit lol. Yet theres djs out there in there 30s, 40s who blew them away.

i guess give them some time but true that

like 21, 22, 23 something like that. I always found it weird that young people can produce a goodsong or 2 and tehn they get booked all over the world, and people think thier the shit lol. Yet theres djs out there in there 30s, 40s who blew them away.

Angello and Ingrosso have produced a hell of a lot more than a good song or two.