Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Tenaglia is

240turbo

:aright:

seriously....with so many fans how can something like this not happen?

Was Danny spinning? The dude is working. Maybe DT didn't know what the hell the fan was trying to say....the guy is working.....approach him after he's done with his set for a handshake.....

But while spinning, I can see something like this happening all the time. Are you gonna get mad at the DJ for not giving you recognition while he's doing his thing in front of thousands of people?

c'mon :rolleyes:

From Danny himself:

PLEASE REPLY FOR ME (COPY & PASTE) AND TELL THIS GUY .......

Sorry I didn't say hello to you. I had a very uncomfortable experience just getting into the venue. I had just woken up and was into making a night of it downtown. Then within an hour BAMM! Downtown was like KRAZY!!!

I was already uncomfortable from the moment I approached the building as some crack addict was knocking on the window to my car asking me for Cocaine! I thought he wanted to sell me some, but NO, he wanted to know if I had some? The guy was knocking on my window! Then I saw a homeless guy practically shitting on the wall of the club on the side street!

I get to the door and they politely say yes to allowing us to enter BUT I had to take my hat off ... That already tells me that Metropolis was on THUG ALERT!

I politely take my hat off and enter. The place was not busy (5am ish) and I saw an awful fight break out and big security guards were dragging the guys out by the neck! This was RIGHT NEXT TO ME! (yes, I know it can happen anywhere) .... I moved away from the fight and told my friends "Let's get out of here" ...

Then some girl politely came up and asked me if she can have a photo of me, I normally say yes, but I was not comfortable with my cap off, and the whole experience just to get in there was quite unpleasant. I was a bit uneasy, SORRY!!!!

I don't remember you, unless you were the guy that was with her and was disappointed that I said no to the photo.

Sorry if you feel offended. I am human and I try to please everyone,

but it's impossible.

Take care and enjoy.

...dt...

From Danny himself:

Sorry I didn't say hello to you. I had a very uncomfortable experience just getting into the venue. I had just woken up and was into making a night of it downtown. Then within an hour BAMM! Downtown was like KRAZY!!!

I was already uncomfortable from the moment I approached the building as some crack addict was knocking on the window to my car asking me for Cocaine! I thought he wanted to sell me some, but NO, he wanted to know if I had some? The guy was knocking on my window! Then I saw a homeless guy practically shitting on the wall of the club on the side street!

I get to the door and they politely say yes to allowing us to enter BUT I had to take my hat off ... That already tells me that Metropolis was on THUG ALERT!

I politely take my hat off and enter. The place was not busy (5am ish) and I saw an awful fight break out and big security guards were dragging the guys out by the neck! This was RIGHT NEXT TO ME! (yes, I know it can happen anywhere) .... I moved away from the fight and told my friends "Let's get out of here" ...

Then some girl politely came up and asked me if she can have a photo of me, I normally say yes, but I was not comfortable with my cap off, and the whole experience just to get in there was quite unpleasant. I was a bit uneasy, SORRY!!!!

I don't remember you, unless you were the guy that was with her and was disappointed that I said no to the photo.

but it's impossible.

Take care and enjoy.

...dt...

awesome! :aright:

seriously....with so many fans how can something like this not happen?

Was Danny spinning? The dude is working. Maybe DT didn't know what the hell the fan was trying to say....the guy is working.....approach him after he's done with his set for a handshake.....

But while spinning, I can see something like this happening all the time. Are you gonna get mad at the DJ for not giving you recognition while he's doing his thing in front of thousands of people?

c'mon :rolleyes:

Sean,

judging from 240Trubo’s post, it would seem apparent DT was not spinning when he saw him. further it's fairly apparent 240Trubo is not just some star struck fan, who gets upset when DJ's don’t acknowledge him. DT has a reputation to being less then cordial to his fans. this is not the first time I have heard this, and yes I have been present during several of DT’s infamous tantrums

finally it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out, you don’t interrupt a DJ when he is spinning. :)

IMO it would seem common sense as a DJ, to remember to extend some level of courtesy to the people that appreciate you and pay to hear you. we all have bad days, but it does not negate common courtesy.

Know one is asking a DJ to serve his fans drinks, etc. simply courtesy is all that is in order.. you as a DJ, and fan I'm sure can understand that.

Sean,

judging from 240Trubo’s post, it would seem apparent DT was not spinning when he saw him. further it's fairly apparent 240Trubo is not just some star struck fan, who gets upset when DJ's don’t acknowledge him. DT has a reputation to being less then cordial to his fans. this is not the first time I have heard this, and yes I have been present during several of DT’s infamous tantrums

finally it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out, you don’t interrupt a DJ when he is spinning. :)

IMO it would seem common sense as a DJ, to remember to extend some level of courtesy to the people that appreciate you and pay to hear you. we all have bad days, but it does not negate common courtesy.

Know one is asking a DJ to serve his fans drinks, etc. simply courtesy is all that is in order.. you as a DJ, and fan I'm sure can understand that.

Well I suppose one would have to be there but of course I agree with what you are saying. And there you have DT offering an apology and saying that it is impossible to be nice at all times just due to some circumstances.

DT has a reputation to being less then cordial to his fans. this is not the first time I have heard this, and yes I have been present during several of DT’s infamous tantrums

I love these rediculous comments, the rumor mill is flowing. This man invited me and many others to his private loft to hang out all night until te wee hours when he had to grab a flight. Manny Freytes and him played (on the original Vinyl sound system he owns now) and let us go thorugh his record room and all. He then invited people to go ice skating in NY one night, then paid for dinner for everyone, and I just barely know him (As a Dj I know him very well, as a friend I am a distant one) and no one has ever been nicer to me in this industry. But god forbid you have a bad day, and all of a sudden you are this reputational prick to your fans. Peole like this make us DJs job a serious pain.

I love these rediculous comments, the rumor mill is flowing. This man invited me and many others to his private loft to hang out all night until te wee hours when he had to grab a flight. Manny Freytes and him played (on the original Vinyl sound system he owns now) and let us go thorugh his record room and all. He then invited people to go ice skating in NY one night, then paid for dinner for everyone, and I just barely know him (As a Dj I know him very well, as a friend I am a distant one) and no one has ever been nicer to me in this industry. But god forbid you have a bad day, and all of a sudden you are this reputational prick to your fans. Peole like this make us DJs job a serious pain.

man, no sarcasim here, i would love to see that mans record room .. and all the other trimmings ... DJ's know where the bread and butter comes from, they arent stupid, and sometimes they are just having a bad day ... i wonder if turbo was to have a messageboard for all the people he ever pissed off, what they would say ...

comments become ridiculous when you take them out of context. if you had quoted the entirety of what I wrote; instead of just the part that seemed to upset you.:) it would be quite obvious that my comments while somewhat critical, are not simply based in speculation, or tainted with animosity for DT.

DT was having a bad day, and thus life goes on...

DT doesnt liek getting his ass kissed by fans...

if he catches someone doing that he tries to make a quick get away.

maybe next time treat him like a normal person be friendly and spark a convo about something OTHER then music and he would have stayed around...

ask about his famous hash brownie recipe lololol or about the yankees

or hey how you like ur new crib in miami?

DT doesnt liek getting his ass kissed by fans...

if he catches someone doing that he tries to make a quick get away.

maybe next time treat him like a normal person be friendly and spark a convo about something OTHER then music and he would have stayed around...

ask about his famous hash brownie recipe lololol or about the yankees

or hey how you like ur new crib in miami?

yeah...whenever you see Danny Tenaglia talk about...hmmm...tuna sandwiches???

TUNA.jpg

From Danny himself:

but it's impossible.

Take care and enjoy.

...dt...

It's cool. Maybe I over reacted a bit. But it's not a big deal anymore. It does mean a lot that he had the courtesy to reply and send an apology. It's all good man.