Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why YOU should think about going to TRANCELVANIA this saturday.

sgtfury

its got nothing to do with me....

i posted this january/05.

"if you check out my profile it says that i joined CP oct/2000. the only one that ive found thats been on the miami board longer than me is sobeton. 5 years......basically that means that there were some that were 16 when i began posting on CP and now they can legally go to Space.

i heard from a friend that Space was charging 50 dollars at the door for morillo. 50 dollars....that is if you werent smart enough to buy a advance ticket. And when i checked the New Times, Crobar had advance tickets for David Morales. Advance tickets..................hmm

i cant help but take a step back and kind of take a wide eyed look at what has happened to the miami scene. i guess some would say that the scene has exploded...and probably in some financial ways it has...but......

i guess i was happier when people would travel TO miami to hear the local residents. i remember standing in line in the bathroom at the old space and this guy from california was ranting and raving up and down how lucky i was that i lived in the same city where edgarv and oscar G were residents.....jesus christ, i remember when shadow had oakenfold and more f'n people were there the next night for acosta. miami used to have its own scene...now it has a imported scene. look at the major clubs-the main focus is on the guest superstar DJs...and you know- i understand it in some way...the big names bring big money...they also bring a big price tag...and the end result is that the clubber pays as much at the door as they would for a rock concert and i have to ask myself when will it end?....

as some of you may know, i spin records..i have a unrelated career so this is not how i pay my bills. i can tell you that it is much harder for a local DJ to make money in miami...the big checks are going to the traveling superstars...and then guess what else is happening-the locals that are worth a shit are traveling outside of miami..lol.

so.......this is why you should support groove eric- ive never heard him spin (heard great things, though)..but it really doesnt matter what he plays..the point is that this is a local guy that is developing a local following, doing his thing...its not like the all too familiar situation where we are force fed a DJ and told they are good just because they spin at a club (see fain, bellini, and a bunch of others)

if the tone of this is negative, i really didnt mean it to be. I just want to see miami return to the glory days! when its local scene ruled.

THIS POST SAYS IT ALL...

I hear ya greg.

I've been tryting to spread the good word to peeps that are gonna be traveling to Miami this weekend but apparently there is no reasoning with some of them. Hope some will come out. If 2 or 3 out of all of them come out then i have accomplished something. If not hey i tried.

Instead of showing some love & support for friends & also fellow board members they rather go on a marathon to see how many times they can see a specific DJ in ojne year. All i ask for is to show some back bone & some suport but i have had no luck.

i been on the miami board longer than any one here. longer then u greeg sobeton. I love trance in 1992 and still do. im not like the some fake people on the miami board that loved trance at the start now they hate it now they love house music.

amen brotha!!

At least i know i'm not the only who sees that.