Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit Saturday night-- not too bad! my review..

i am not a big exit fan (twilo/tunnel 'til i die!). but i am also the type of person that has fun anywhere i go, as long as there is decent music, i'm with my man, and i got a pair of glowstix. so, i went to exit last night (saturday night) with absolutely no expectations but to have fun.

well then, i definitely had a good night. dj skribble spun for a lil bit, and he wasn't too bad! he is sort of looked over b/c he started off as a hip hop dj, but i give respect to DJs that can cross over into different genres of music. and he definitely has done it pretty nicely. he spun some commercial stuff like darude's "sandstorm", and some oldies like hani's "baby wants to ride" remix. and he blended some funky breaks and some disco house, which was nice.

dj boris started off with some bland genre of house (tribal perhaps?), but the music definitely picked up as the night progressed (5 am and on). he also played darude's "sandstorm" TWICE which really sucked. but i remember hearing surreal's "take my breath away" remix, and some other commercial stuff. but he also dropped casbah's "delta force" which i love (anyone lookin for a damn good hard house song, check this one out).

the crowd was pretty empty, not as crowded as usual. but it was nice, enough people around, but enough room for me to dance.

and YES, there are mad asians at exit. but honestly, i have never seen so many ugly asian people (umm.. FOBs for those that know what that means). please do not base the looks of all asians upon the people you see at exit. there are MANY good lookin asians out there, like me! wink.gif

security, mad tight. no pat down at all, so you know what that means-- more security walking around. but it still wasn't a problem. wink.gif

anyone else at exit last night? i have to say, i have never ripped shit up with my glowstix like saturday night.. those marlboro pills definitely helped... check these out if you can get your hands on them! very smooth..

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

Originally posted by oasis:

LOL LOL YOU ARE SO WORNG

he didn't play commercial @ all.

and not one vocal that i can remember.

freaking wise ass maybe if you got off you ass and went you would of heard. not commercial @ all. he will be there on the 23rd as well for the Xmas show

first-

lets see...

sandstorm- not commercial at all, not to mention kitty said he played commercial vocals. and baby wants to ride?? your right thats not commercial anymore, IT WAS COMMERCIAL 3 YEARS AGO

second dont' you ever call me a wise as you lame excuse for a promoter sitting on the damn computer all day

i'll come down to exit one nite just to smack the shit out of you little bitch

and when people walk by asking about the little woman on the floor crying, i'll make sure to tell, "thats oasis, be sure to use oasis guestliist at exit saturday b/c he's embarrassed about pulling 15 heads a nite"

herb

Rob....can I ask you a question???......why do you always have something negativ to say about Exit......you don't even go there? smile.gif .........how was your weekend?....are you comming to dinner meet up this week?...

~Lola~

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

Originally posted by risa06:

Rob....can I ask you a question???......why do you always have something negativ to say about Exit......you don't even go there? smile.gif .........how was your weekend?....are you comming to dinner meet up this week?...

~Lola~

whats up hun smile.gif

it wasn't supposed to be a negative comment, i was just stating that from a post last week we're i said that skribbles would either play hip hop or commercial house. everyone bashed me and said he wouldnt' but apparently he did. thats all really and oasis has to get stupid for no reason

i've had a short fuse lately

i'm still debating on the dinner though, gotta see how things work out this week.

and about exit, i really wasn't trying to bash it at all. if skribbles was playin anywhere else i would have said the same thing. just like when he played limelihgt back in may i said something b/c he played all hip hop. has nothing to do w/ the club really.

i think one night i'm gonna have show up just to show you i don't *hate* it wink.gif

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

freaking wise ass maybe if you got off you ass and went you would of heard.

listen toots - you talk to my boyfriend in such a manner again and i will crucify you. and i will make sure you *never* make another dollar promoting. you think i am obnoxious now, just wait and see what i *can* be like.

so shhhhhh.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

why do you always have something negativ to say about Exit......you don't even go there?

half the reason rob doesn't go there is cause i don't like the place. so i'm partially at "fault" for saving rob from exit. smile.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

loves2cox@netscape.net

...hmmmmm...not really.... cwm25.gif ................ smile.gif

~Lola~

hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm, I think it is actually. Do you want to know why. Becuase this bored has been so fuckin retarded lately with all the completely imature posts ranging from the most pointless and completely idiotic not to mention racist topics. Yeah maybe I'm talking about some of you, I dont care FUCK YOU! (not you Risa). This is CNYC, CLUB New York City. Posts should be about clubs. You can't post about clubs all the time I know so you post about about funny shit or whatever you feel like, not the completely pointless and moronic posts about sometimnes nasty topics (you know what I'm talkin about). This is a good thread to me because it's an intelligent topic anout DJ's and house muzic. Every time skribble spins somewhere this same exact debate arises cause he spins so much hip-hop. It's funny to me. And I don't like it either when people bash eXiT. I've had my gripes about the place lately but bashing it on this board does nobody any good I agree.

R

i liked exit alot saturday.. i really enjoyed boris' set.. he added some nice stuff to it. especially when he had castles in the side over that hard beat.. loved that.

------------------

*EXIT saturday 12.09.00 DJ BORIS For Guestlist call: (201)725-8858, oasis9389@msn.com, aolimer: oasis9389

i liked exit alot saturday.. i really enjoyed boris' set.. he added some nice stuff to it. especially when he had castles in the side over that hard beat.. loved that.

hmmmmmm... no hip hop

what was the other option

mad commercial and vocals

-bingo-

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

[This message has been edited by PFloyd40 (edited 12-11-2000).]

LOL LOL YOU ARE SO WORNG

freaking wise ass maybe if you got off you ass and went you would of heard. not commercial @ all. he will be there on the 23rd as well for the Xmas show

------------------

*EXIT saturday 12.16.00 DJ BORIS For Guestlist call: (201)725-8858, oasis9389@msn.com, aolimer: oasis9389

LOL LOL YOU ARE SO WORNG

------------------

*EXIT saturday 12.16.00 DJ BORIS For Guestlist call: (201)725-8858, oasis9389@msn.com, aolimer: oasis9389

LOL LOL YOU ARE SO WORNG

first-

lets see...

sandstorm- not commercial at all, not to mention kitty said he played commercial vocals. and baby wants to ride?? your right thats not commercial anymore, IT WAS COMMERCIAL 3 YEARS AGO

second dont' you ever call me a wise as you lame excuse for a promoter sitting on the damn computer all day

i'll come down to exit one nite just to smack the shit out of you little bitch

and when people walk by asking about the little woman on the floor crying, i'll make sure to tell, "thats oasis, be sure to use oasis guestliist at exit saturday b/c he's embarrassed about pulling 15 heads a nite"

herb

------------------

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by brandie:

listen toots - you talk to my boyfriend in such a manner again and i will crucify you. and i will make sure you *never* make another dollar promoting. you think i am obnoxious now, just wait and see what i *can* be like.

so shhhhhh.

luv,

brandie

Here is a perfect example of a girl who never had a boyfriend her whole life. Hey brandie, do you go around with a tea shirt that says I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!. Do you? I wouldn't be a bit suprised if you do. Tell us again how much you love each other, please?

Originally posted by gabrielll:

hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm, I think it is actually. Do you want to know why. Becuase this bored has been so fuckin retarded lately with all the completely imature posts ranging from the most pointless and completely idiotic not to mention racist topics. Yeah maybe I'm talking about some of you, I dont care FUCK YOU! (not you Risa). This is CNYC, CLUB New York City. Posts should be about clubs. You can't post about clubs all the time I know so you post about about funny shit or whatever you feel like, not the completely pointless and moronic posts about sometimnes nasty topics (you know what I'm talkin about). This is a good thread to me because it's an intelligent topic anout DJ's and house muzic. Every time skribble spins somewhere this same exact debate arises cause he spins so much hip-hop. It's funny to me. And I don't like it either when people bash eXiT. I've had my gripes about the place lately but bashing it on this board does nobody any good I agree.

R

look....that was a j/k......and I do agree w/ some of the things you wrote.......but as I said b4........I don't like when people bash Djs and clubs...if they are so smart (Rob...this is not towards you) why don't they get up there and try to do what these guys do......just MO......... smile.gif

~Lola~

------------------

Originally posted by brandie:

half the reason rob doesn't go there is cause i don't like the place. so i'm partially at "fault" for saving rob from exit. smile.gif

luv,

brandie

hahahaha...."saving Rob from Exit"....come on girl...its not that sceary there smile.gif ...

~Lola~

------------------

lol great thread..

just woke up and checked the board out.

u guys need to get out more asnd stop stressin over ur message board

------------------

Originally posted by bastardino:

Here is a perfect example of a girl who never had a boyfriend her whole life. Hey brandie, do you go around with a tea shirt that says I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!. Do you? I wouldn't be a bit suprised if you do. Tell us again how much you love each other, please?

that's right sweetie. and i'm ugly and fat and covered in warts which is why i've never had a boyfriend before. smile.gif

*muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuah*

luv,

brandie

------------------

loves2cox@netscape.net

pfloyd40,

brandie,

oasis,

et al...

i need to meet you guys and give you all a big fat kiss... and then i'll pass an ill bluntz over... cwm38.gif

pfloyd, i definitely knew that if skribbles wasn't droppin hip hop beats, he was going to drop some commercial stuff-- so i knew what was up when you are talkin about it before! but it was still all goood.. wink.gif

plus, you can't escape commercial stuff at exit, but i have to admit.. after 6 am... the shit gets pretty hard.. was pretty impressed with some of the beats boris dropped..

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

Originally posted by kitty19:

brandie

i need to meet you guys and give you all a big fat kiss... and then i'll pass an ill bluntz over... cwm38.gif

no kidding!! i told Ivy <happykittn> we'd meet up . . . but she's in the middle of a research paper, a 15 page chinese paper, etc . . . and hasn't slept so she might sleep thru all of january!!! wink.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

loves2cox@netscape.net

Originally posted by blueangel:

Or me!! wink.gif

BlueAngel

Why must you two place yourself upon a pedestal and look down upon 'those FOBS'? They are there to have a good time and should not be subject to this abuse. Granted, they can be more sociable, mingle a tad more, and maybe fix their teeth, BUT YOU ARE ALL ASIANS, and that is the bottom line. To say 'I am an upper class Asian, good looking, speak perfect english', is no different than saying you are better than those that are less fortunate in this world. How does that reflect on your image you may ask?. It connotates a SNOBBISH, even elitist attitude, my two beautiful, perfect Asians.

------------------

Sticks and Stones may break my bones..but..words..can't..hurt..meeeee...

so there

[This message has been edited by bungee (edited 12-12-2000).]

Rob is THE basher!!! Bash everything is his motto!!!! Exit, Factory.. What's next? Huh smart boy? LMAO smile.gif And we'll see if you show your face at Exit smile.gif Or Factory for that matter... BASHER! Just kidding smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Btw, wtf is up with playing ANY song more than once a night??????????? I do'nt have anything against Sandstorm and might be one of the very few ppl who STILL like the song... But any song, no matter how awesome, should not be played 3 times a night!!!! There are SO many good songs! Enough to fill a 10 hour set for sure!