Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mazi (Audio Soul Project, Gourmet, Chicago) 11/15 @ Middlesex Lounge

tigerbeer

Tiger Beer & Middlesex Lounge present:

Tiger Sessions

November 15, 2005

Featuring:

MAZI (Audio Soul Project, Gourmet Recordings, Chicago)

If house music is truly global music, then US DJ/producer Mazi Namvar is its model citizen. The current Chicago resident was originally born in Iran and lived in Greece as a child. He has been involved in Chicago’s house scene since the early 90’s, releasing his first record in 1994.

Mazi has released a wide range of music, recording as Studio nova, MFO, Right Side Reverse and most famously as Audio Soul Project. He is credited with over 140 singles and remixes and one full length album on NRK entitled “Community”. From remixes for the likes of Superfunk, Joey Negro, Sandy Rivera, Nick Holder, Johnny Fiasco and Paul Johnson to original productions for labels like 20/20 Vision, NRK, Airtight, Gourmet, Fluential and Siesta, Mazi’s work has diversely represented nearly every strand of contemporary house.

Through his studio sensibility, his DJ career has quickly been elevated within the international circuit. Behind the decks, his 'journey' style sets have steadily garnered him a reputation as a true taste maker. In the past year alone he has played in cities like Paris, London, Zurich, Singapore, Tokyo, Istanbul, Belgrade, Sao Paulo, Rio De Janeiro, Vancouver, Toronto, Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco among many others.

With an opening set by:

John Davis (Headtunes Recording)

9PM – 1AM

$5 Cover Charge

(includes 1 Tiger Beer @ the Bar)

Middlesex Lounge :: 315 Mass Ave in Cambridge

www.middlesexlounge.com

www.tigerbeer.us

www.audiosouldproject.com

www.headtunes.com

I have to say, I didnt like middlesex for Turntables on the Hudson, but I decided to give the place another shot. The night for Tripwire was good, not as packed, easy to get a drink but still all guys.. I would def go back again and will prolly be there for Mazi.