Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"i don't watch tv."

weyes

i'm sure you've bumped into one of these people at some point. you make a reference to a running joke on a tv show, you talk about a video clip that has been playing over and over on the news on a particular day, you try to discuss a certain tv actor, but the person to whom you are speaking just tries to brush you off by giving you a condescending look and saying, "I don't watch tv."

bullshit. no one lives in such a bubble that they never encounter a tv, 24-7, 365. and these elitists think they are so superior as to say that there is nothing good on television, disregarding news reports, political forums, documentaries... and that's just to start.

and who are they to insinuate that people who watch sitcoms and dramas are lower life forms? many talented people come together to make these shows, and to create things in those formats that are actually entertaining is a true gift. we learn from these as well, as these are mostly based on the human condition.

but, here i am, sounding like i feel i need to defend myself, as a tv viewer. i just wanted to say that being snotty is bad enough; being a snotty liar is even worse.

btw the next time somebody i work with talks about the weather, he/she is goin down.

to me, "so, how's about this heat wave?" is equivalent to saying "so, i have nothing to talk about."

this is ENTIRELY different. talking about the weather does prove you have nothing to talk about. it's ridiculously dull and actually kind of sad. it did help me out once, though; someone told me it was going to rain when i had no idea, so i had time to go out and get new windshield wiper blades, which i knew i needed.

but you're wrong on the tv comment. it's not that they don't want to talk - they just want to talk about themselves. you obviously don't know the egotistical asshats i've had to deal with.