Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who would be elected u.s. president first?

weyes

who do you think will be elected u.s. president first?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. who do you think will be elected u.s. president first?

• a woman
    • a minority
    • a non-christian
    • a single (non-married) person

i would've posed this question to the current events forum, but those people are nutso :woah: . besides, it is relevant, i think, what with this being election day, and i've wondered about this for a long time.

who do you think will be elected u.s. president first out of the following:

* a woman

* a minority

* a non-christian

* a single (non-married) person [that includes the divorced]

?

and do you think it'll happen in your lifetime?

well, i'm torn, but i chose a minority. i think people may be voting in this poll by thinking of specific people who may be running in the near future (hillary, condi rice, barack obama...), but i voted just on general theory. i think this country is still stuck on "needing" a man to "rule the free world."

my pick, a conservative woman who has experience as an elected official.

always thought christine todd whitman would be a good choice, she is relatively young. like her chances even more with someone like mary matalin as a consultant.

especially 'cos she did a great job at the EPA and enforcing environemental regulations and laws with bug business. :rolleyes:

eh, all politicians have issues, whether legal, spousal, performance, substances, special interests, cronyism... some have all of those and more.

whitman is my pick mainly because she's moderate and has gubernatorial experience (albeit short term). i think if she becomes more politically active and aligns herself with the right people, particularly theorists, a run for president in 2012 would not mean certain defeat. we'll see though, as she isn't doing shit right now.