Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ROGER SANCHEZ- a review with the kid....

colione98

Please be advised that the following review is based on mostly the patio set and is in accordance with the opinions of its writer…..

I got there around 0500 and entered the main room to the sounds of the S-man Roger Sanchez… Although loud- a little too loud, the sound was clear and had a tremendous kick….

For about an hour, me and the ole lady endured what is known to be as some groovy-progressive tribe with minimal vocals. Being that late into his set, I could only have imagine what he produced earlier on…

0600 came around and I bided farewell to the ole lady as she had to part for work. I then proceeded to the patio after Roger had relinquished the decks to Cedric…

To my surprise as we were granted access in to the patio, Roger was gearing up to retain is supremacy as the peoples choice of “patio kingâ€.

We all gathered like children in a playground as Roger tweaked the sounds and prepared to dish out his treats…. Once he gave the thumbs up to the sound engineer, I knew that the time had come to commence a journey into the lands of elation….

Sounds:

Roger began his patio set with some deep percussive and quickly moved on to some Latin funk.. By 0700, he was well into some power soul funk. I was almost sure that he would have allowed the crowd to recuperate from the annihilation he administered in the main room but I was wrong and a little bothered at that.

As oppose to his previous patio sets, I felt that he was in some type of rush to distribute more main room sounds. I don’t know- maybe it was what the crowd had called for but in my opinion, he should have held back a bit more until 0900 or so before dropping his signature groovy- tribe rhythms.

But instead, he continued until about 0800 or so with plenty of recognized tracks but again playing mostly their progressive -black label mixes..

From about 0830 to close, it was low-bass funk to progressive-vocal-tech tribe with the Makita cordless chainsaw on low throttle (thank god)

Now, as far as the set went and wanting him to hold back a bit, that is my opinion … I was just in need of some good power Latin funk and some of that good old power soul house before moving on to bigger and better things.

But at the end of the day, it’s all about touching each and every soul in the place to be and this is exactly what roger did- with the little time that he had. He gave everyone their own taste of choice and that is what makes him so special- being consistent with is track selections and not being stagnant in programming… Although this time he did not look back once he brought out the big guns…. Straight- up peak-hour madness….

Overall, the crowd was extremely passionate and pleasant. Friendly faces with great attitudes. The ladies as usual were up to part and that is all I will disclose about that topic at present time.

The bartenders tended to be a little shady on the returns- count your cash people… Happens to me every time @ space… But nonetheless, I still leave a tip to show them off with a little something professional….

Until the 26th with Eric the M- illest rilo..

it’s the kid signing off….