Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mets Make Blockbuster Trade

nomembername

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the hype around this kid Mike Jacobs...is it because he came up and hit all those homeruns and has a "nice" swing? don't get me wrong the kid has potential and is a good prospect but that all he is, is a prospect. The Mets are in a win win mode now and the next 2 years. We needed a proven big time bat that could come in and make an immediate impact and that's what we got with Delgado.

This isn't directed towards you Ante but it's something I've been hearing from a bunch of Mets fans. And you know these would be the same fans who would be screaming there head off if we didn't go out and sign someone like Delgado.

I don't understand the hype around this kid Mike Jacobs...is it because he came up and hit all those homeruns and has a "nice" swing? don't get me wrong the kid has potential and is a good prospect but that all he is, is a prospect. The Mets are in a win win mode now and the next 2 years. We needed a proven big time bat that could come in and make an immediate impact and that's what we got with Delgado.

This isn't directed towards you Ante but it's something I've been hearing from a bunch of Mets fans. And you know these would be the same fans who would be screaming there head off if we didn't go out and sign someone like Delgado.

hes a trade we had to make..

im just worried about the potential trade for manny....

i think you need an even balance..

give up some of your top prospects... but other should be deemed untouchable

hes a trade we had to make..

im just worried about the potential trade for manny....

i think you need an even balance..

give up some of your top prospects... but other should be deemed untouchable

Kazmir :(

Wright and Reyes are still considered "prospects" because of their age and they're not going anywhere. It won't be too long till Lastings Miledge is on the big league roster soon. Other than those three, the rest of their prospect should be up for grabs.

Wright and Reyes are still considered "prospects" because of their age and they're not going anywhere. It won't be too long till Lastings Miledge is on the big league roster soon. Other than those three, the rest of their prospect should be up for grabs.

they are talkin bout miledge included for any deals for manny..

Wright and Reyes are still considered "prospects" because of their age and they're not going anywhere.

exactly...i find it funny when people are like we're getting rid of all our prospects. they forget about reyes and wright. it's as if they expect to build an entire team from people who came up through our farm system. it doesn't work that way. you need a balance of both.

Manny is a tough one. I'm still very in between if we should go out and trade for him or not. There are mentions of Miledge and Floyd as part of a package. It would probably put our payroll up around $135mm or so. Minaya seems to be in love with him and it is hard to pass up on a guy like that....I don't know.

they are talkin bout miledge included for any deals for manny..

Nah that won't happen...If Manny REALLY wants out of Boston, he'll force them to make any deal...cause he'll be a distraction there straight through training day!

I bet the Mets can get without dealing Miledge...

I think you guys are missing the full concept of these prospects....aside from the fact that they can contribute to your ball club, they are bargaining tools. Not all trading action happens in the offseason. Some of the most important trading happens during the season with teams losing looking to unload a high salary for a few talented prospects. Without those prospects its tough to get that player everyone covets. Not to mention eventually it leaves your team stuck with hounding the free agent market every season for some overpaid, aging ballplayers considering no one in the organization has the ability to step up.

Ask Yankees fans what it means when you consistantly trade away all your prospects every year what it does to your team.....

I think you guys are missing the full concept of these prospects....aside from the fact that they can contribute to your ball club, they are bargaining tools. Not all trading action happens in the offseason. Some of the most important trading happens during the season with teams losing looking to unload a high salary for a few talented prospects. Without those prospects its tough to get that player everyone covets. Not to mention eventually it leaves your team stuck with hounding the free agent market every season for some overpaid, aging ballplayers considering no one in the organization has the ability to step up.

Ask Yankees fans what it means when you consistantly trade away all your prospects every year what it does to your team.....

obviously I don't want to rape our farm system. are you saying we shouldn't have traded for Delgado? we needed a left handed bat now or else we won't be in any position later on in the season where we can maybe go out and make another trade to put us over that hump.

obviously I don't want to rape our farm system. are you saying we shouldn't have traded for Delgado? we needed a left handed bat now or else we won't be in any position later on in the season where we can maybe go out and make another trade to put us over that hump.

I'm not going to knock the Delgado or Wagner pick up because both are quality players (even if they are in their mid thirties). What I'm getting at is the fact that the Mets are following the same path as the Yankees in their offseason strategy....They still have some quality players in their farm system but I see a trend starting to form through Manaya

Trade young studs for aging, pricey veterens...smells like steinbrenner to me

I'm not going to knock the Delgado or Wagner pick up because both are quality players (even if they are in their mid thirties). What I'm getting at is the fact that the Mets are following the same path as the Yankees in their offseason strategy....They still have some quality players in their farm system but I see a trend starting to form through Manaya

i agree with you that they shouldn't do that but where have they besides this Delgado trade? everyone else was a free agent pick up so what is the difference if they traded a couple "young studs" for a proven player to fill a need now rather then during the season? and please don't say Heilman cause that was before Minaya's time...

i agree with you that they shouldn't do that but where have they besides this Delgado trade? everyone else was a free agent pick up so what is the difference if they traded a couple "young studs" for a proven player to fill a need now rather then during the season? and please don't say Heilman cause that was before Minaya's time...

the trends forming....thats all I'm saying

started with Delgado. signed Wagner (34 and an injury risk). Beltran and Pedro (Pedro gave them their bang for their buck but how long do you honestly think he's gonna last? another 3 years?)

I dont know if Benson and Zambrano were Manaya or Heilman so I wont comment on them

Wait a sec...Who did Boston trade to get Beckett and overpriced aging veteran Lowell?

what do you expect he hates NY teams.. tries to knock em when he gets the chance

only the Yankees. I got nothing against the Mets, all I was doing is questioning the moves and making observations

but I'll bash the shit out of the Mets if their fans actually think they got shit to say about my team

wait wait wait

are you people actually trying to point to Beckett who's 25 and already the ace of the Marlins' staff as a bad trade????

:laugh:

Actually the ace of the staff is Willis or Beckett wouldn't have been the one to go ;)

And the Marlins wouldn't have conisdered the trade without including Lowell.

ever realize how baseless and one sided your views come from?

didnt think so seeing as its always coming from the source

bro, i honestly am very confused...i have no idea what this means and why do you get so defensive always as if a little discussion with different opinions get under your skin.

didn't realize you were so sensitive...

for now on I will just take your word as God

:bowdown: djjonstephens :bowdown: