Clubplanet Nightlife Community

posture

clubbingirl

Guest onisakura

There's this thing kinda like a bra for your back that you can wear. It kinda pulls your shoulders back, making you push your chest out. The thing that helped my posture the best was playing the violin when i was young,then doing ballet. To this day i still sit on the edge of my chair or stand in fifth position.

i awlays catch myself slouching and i hate it. i try to sit up straight or stand up stright, but after 5 seconds, i forget.

any pointers? a friend said to squeeze ur butt when standing or to wear heels more. any others?

Try to remember to keep your shoulders up, it helps with your posture, or balance a book on your head!:biggrin:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i awlays catch myself slouching and i hate it. i try to sit up straight or stand up stright, but after 5 seconds, i forget.

any pointers? a friend said to squeeze ur butt when standing or to wear heels more. any others?

Sup clubbingirl...your nickname sounds familiar, did we use to know one another? Anyhows, I tell all of my clients with this particular issue to do many things, but the first thing I tell them is to place a piece of tape on their back from the top of their smiley (buttcheek crack) to just above the shoulder blades. Every time you get out of position you will instantaneously notice it.

After this little step, I would agree with most of the people that responded to you. One basic exercise you can do is to squeeze your shoulder blades together as hard as you can for 4 seconds, relax, and repeat that several times throughout the duration of your day. This will not do much to strengthen your middle back but it will bring awareness to this area.

If you're interested in more feel free to email me at rstjames10@sprintpcs.com.

Oh yeah, and by the way, if you are the same clubbingirl that I may have known back in the SoundFactory (etc.) days, I've since then become a licensed massage therapist and NSCA-Certified Personal Trainer, so feel free to pick my brain.

Laterz.

Saint!!!