Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Flu Shots

deeelite1

Just got my first Flu Shot about 2 hours ago...

Is it common to get the flu from the flu shot?

I'm Scurred!!

You can't get the flu from a flu shot. I don't know, call me crazy but if I had questions, I would have asked them at the Dr's office. Not on CP where you're bound to get countless wrong answers.

You can't get the flu from a flu shot. I don't know, call me crazy but if I had questions, I would have asked them at the Dr's office. Not on CP where you're bound to get countless wrong answers.

umm, I'm not coming to CP for answers, just opinions/past experiences...

I asked my Doctor before I got the shot and they gave me the 'medical' answer.. "It's possible you may experience some side effects", blah that does nothing for me.

Now I'm just looking for an idea of what to expect from anyone who has had one thats all.

If I came on here to get an answer and DIDN'T ask my doctor anything then I think I'd need more than a Flu shot as far as medical treatment

thanks for your input.

umm, I'm not coming to CP for answers, just opinions/past experiences...

I asked my Doctor before I got the shot and they gave me the 'medical' answer.. "It's possible you may experience some side effects", blah that does nothing for me.

Now I'm just looking for an idea of what to expect from anyone who has had one thats all.

If I came on here to get an answer and DIDN'T ask my doctor anything then I think I'd need more than a Flu shot as far as medical treatment

thanks for your input.

You won't get the flu. you might feel f*****sh possibly in a day or two, and your arm might be sore.

What are the risks from getting a flu shot?

The viruses in the flu shot are killed (inactivated), so you cannot get the flu from a flu shot. The risk of a flu shot causing serious harm, or death, is extremely small. However, a vaccine, like any medicine, may rarely cause serious problems, such as severe allergic reactions. Almost all people who get influenza vaccine have no serious problems from it.

Updated Dec 10, 2003

What are the side effects that could occur?

Soreness, redness, or swelling where the shot was given

Fever (low grade)

Aches

If these problems occur, they begin soon after the shot and usually last one to two days.

.....i hate the doctor i never go unless it's absolutely neccesary...they just fuck u up more.......unfortunately i end up there a lot ..cause i always get something severely wrong with me......maybe that's why i hate them...although i like them when they give me pain killers....

.....i hate the doctor i never go unless it's absolutely neccesary...they just fuck u up more.......unfortunately i end up there a lot ..cause i always get something severely wrong with me......maybe that's why i hate them...although i like them when they give me pain killers....

My company paid for the doctor to come in and give shots here right in the office.

oh puhlease, I'd never make a special trip just to the dr. office for a shot. I usually like to suffer thru my flu's and colds.

depending on what shot you get, you CAN get the flu from a flu shot.

the virii inside the flu vaccine may be very very weakened, but they can still cause the flu if you´re unlucky and your immune system is in bad shape. why do you think you aren´t supposed to do sports after the flu shot? because that would weaken your immune system and would aid the virii in spreading.

you can read up more on it here:

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/fluvaccine.htm

depending on what shot you get, you CAN get the flu from a flu shot.

the virii inside the flu vaccine may be very very weakened, but they can still cause the flu if you´re unlucky and your immune system is in bad shape. why do you think you aren´t supposed to do sports after the flu shot? because that would weaken your immune system and would aid the virii in spreading.

you can read up more on it here:

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/fluvaccine.htm

Where does it say that? I read it quickly but I didn't se anything on that site that says you can get the flu.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/body/flu_vaccine.html

A common myth about the flu shot is that it can actually cause the flu. But the flu shot used in the United States is made from killed influenza viruses, which means that it's impossible to catch the flu by getting this vaccine. However, because the nasal spray flu vaccine is made from live viruses, it may cause mild flu-like symptoms, including runny nose, headache, vomiting, muscle aches, and fever.

so IOW, if you get the live vaccine you may get an infection (especially if you´re immune system is weak), but it will have very very mild symptoms.