Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto review @ CROBAR!!!!!!

Arrived at 3am to see a line stillllll. As I was walking in I hear Tiesto and the crowd chanting his name and that was right before I walked in the main room. I was like " OOOOOO SHIT " with chillls. Walked in the main room to see a mad house. Everyone dancing, chanting, and having a great time. Met up with friends to hear that he was playing a lot of vocals in the beginning, grrr, lol. From 3-7 it was nothing but pure DANCE!!!!!!!!!! One of his last song was "Rain on me" or something and everyone went INSANE cause they knew he was going to get off soon cause Serg was standing next to him.

Tiesto played a great set over all. He ended it with some mellow stuff trance and everyone started to clap and chant. He sure was very welcomed there :).

After that Serg DeVant took over the decks and continued to play a great set as well. Didnt stay to long to hear him though.

For those going tonight. Have a great time!!!!!!

Victor Soto

finally the last two times tiesto has been in new york he has sucked. I think it takes a couple of times to figure out what New York music is all about and tiesto was on point last nite. People come to see tiesto for his hits, as much as he may be bored of playing them. Can't wait for gabriel and dresden and schulz next wknd at spirit.....6 hours of the best trance minimum

finally the last two times tiesto has been in new york he has sucked. I think it takes a couple of times to figure out what New York music is all about and tiesto was on point last nite.

hes played new york more than a couple times. hes been around about twice a year for the past 5-6 yrs. ive given up on him. im not much into trance anymore, and the last time i saw him in ny at avalon everything about the nite was horrible. now at cream in ibiza, hes a whole other story

hes played new york more than a couple times. hes been around about twice a year for the past 5-6 yrs. ive given up on him. im not much into trance anymore, and the last time i saw him in ny at avalon everything about the nite was horrible. now at cream in ibiza, hes a whole other story

I have to agree that his last sets werent all there. I guess he was trying to feel out NYC. He knows what Europe/etc etc wants. But last night was totally different. It was quality tracks played in the perfect order.

Victor Soto

i was ultra mangled last nite....anyone of a tracklist of what he played because i forgot a lot of the tracks

whatta nite.. stayed almost till the end.. tiesto had a nice energy , serge was rippin stuff afterwards.. really good balance of music.. didnt get tired of hearin trance and that elektro type of stuff was absolutly insane. i hardly knew any song he played .. awsome night

I've never seen so many people trying to get into crobar and my only complaint was that it was way too crowded inside...but tiesto was amazing....his set was on point and he kept the floor packed well into the morning. His set was so much better than the last time he was in NY. Also, I hope this puts to rest the argument about trance being dead in NY.

Saturday night was a great time....was there from 10pm to 5am...Serge really played well before Tiesto came on...Tiesto was playing banger after banger...the crowd was going nuts...I know Tiesto plays primarily trance but the music was awesome...really reminded me about the music we used to hear in the late 90's and into 2000 at SF and early Exit days...songs like Lethal Industry and Traffic are incredible songs...At about 5am he dropped Love Comes Again and the place errupted....all in all a really good night and a change of pace from the same music we here in NYC week after week...

I havent posted on this site in a while, and as many old timers know I am a huge tiesto fan, but saturday night was terrible. I walked out at 4am. No flow to the set what so ever. When Flight 643 came on barely anyone flinched. Give me a break. Crowd was terrible, the flow was terrible... Im not joining the bandwagon of hating on tiesto, but this set from what i heard was a disaster. Ill be takin a break from tiesto events for a little while I think.