Clubplanet Nightlife Community

its official americans are insanely overweight...

dgmodel

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=healthNews&storyid=2005-11-28T185012Z_01_MOL867559_RTRUKOC_0_US-BUTTOCKS.xml&rpc=22

CHICAGO (Reuters) - Fatter rear ends are causing many drug injections to miss their mark, requiring longer needles to reach buttock muscle, researchers said on Monday.

Standard-sized needles failed to reach the buttock muscle in 23 out of 25 women whose rears were examined after what was supposed to be an intramuscular injection of a drug.

Two-thirds of the 50 patients in the study did not receive the full dosage of the drug, which instead lodged in the fat tissue of their buttocks, researchers from The Adelaide and Meath Hospital in Dublin said in a presentation to the annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America.

Besides patients receiving less than the correct drug dosage, medications that remain lodged in fat can cause infection or irritation, researchers Victoria Chan said.

"There is no question that obesity is the underlying cause. We have identified a new problem related, in part, to the increasing amount of fat in patients' buttocks," Chan said.

"The amount of fat tissue overlying the muscles exceeds the length of the needles commonly used for these injections," she said.

The 25 men and 25 women studied at the Irish hospital ranged in age from 21 to 87.

The buttocks are a good place for intramuscular injections because there are relatively few major blood vessels, nerves and bones that can be damaged by a needle. Plentiful smaller blood vessels found in muscle carry the drug to the rest of the body, while fat tissue contains relatively few blood vessels.

Obesity affects more than 300 million people worldwide and is based on a measure of height versus weight that produces a body mass index above 30. An estimated 65 percent of U.S. adults are overweight or obese.

...i can lose weight...what can you do about your stupidity and bad attitude?...

heh heh, nice.

What about your weight? I thought you'd lost a lot of weight, and you looked thin in the last pics I saw of you. Did you gain a lot back? I'd lost 40 pounds by May, and went from 235 to 194, but then I gained some back and now I fluctuate around the 200-201 mark. Losing more hasn't been easy, because I don't eat right and don't excercise.

heh heh, nice.

What about your weight? I thought you'd lost a lot of weight, and you looked thin in the last pics I saw of you. Did you gain a lot back? I'd lost 40 pounds by May, and went from 235 to 194, but then I gained some back and now I fluctuate around the 200-201 mark. Losing more hasn't been easy, because I don't eat right and don't excercise.

just messin with him

No doubt. I know you were joking with him, but he sort of implied that he really had gained it back when he said he can lose it. So I might have assumed wrong.

...nah...we're just playin around...i went from 245 to 215 in the last six months...actually i'm closer to 210 right now and will be down to 200 by the end of December....