Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why all the hype about Pacha?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can I love dance culture and put hip hop in the same sentence? Because I know my history thats why.

R-23441-1110508452.jpg

you see that record? Thats was a HUGE latin house record, on strictly rhythm. strictly rhythm is probably one of the greatest house labels of all time. if you listen to it, its rappin over a house beat. a real classic. that record reminds me of my childhood.true story!

Have you ever seen this history of rock and roll? If not, you should, you might learn a thing or to about the culture, where it came from, and where it has gone.

hip hop and dance, although very segregated today, were one in the same back in the day...

the four main elements of hip hop are far from over. Hip hop as grown into a global culture, spread from the poverty streets of the bronx, to all the continents in the entire world.... and has helped bridge the great divide between the different culture and racism that america has. It has teared down the racist wall barrier in america.

it seems like you grew up in a racially segregated neighborhood. and back in the day it was like this, but now , thanks to the hip hop movement, things have changed.

keep schoolin' em!!!!

ahhh I met a few of the Wu-tang clan. They dont like white boyz, but they sure like white girls.

QUOTE]

how come they have and had white managers ???

please know what your talking about before making statements that are racially ignorant

You make no sence. I made a comment about a few individuals preferences NOT the whole black race, so calling it "racially" ignorant is stupid.

Their business life and their personal life are two different things. They ran with a bunch of black guys and solicited white chicks to hang out with.

It's a fact about Wu, not the whole black population.

Think about what you write before you write it, you are using terms in the wrong context.

Chew on that.

gorilla.jpg

You make no sence. I made a comment about a few individuals preferences NOT the whole black race, so calling it "racially" ignorant is stupid.

Their business life and their personal life are two different things. They ran with a bunch of black guys and solicited white chicks to hang out with.

It's a fact about Wu, not the whole black population.

Think about what you write before you write it, you are using terms in the wrong context.

Chew on that.

gorilla.jpg

so basically getting fucked by wu-tang clan gives you street cred in the hip hip world

got it ..

continue on ...

sorry I intervened

so basically getting fucked by wu-tang clan gives you street cred in the hip hip world

got it ..

continue on ...

sorry I intervened

Street cre? LOLOLOLOL!! It didn't take place in the "hip hop world", anyway...they hung out in house music venues...so, no one was looking for (worthless) cred in the hip hop world...lolololol. Once again misinterpreting things, nice job. No one fucked anyone....since when does "hanging out" mean fuck??

Once again, you cease to make sence.

adopt-infant.jpg

adopt-infant.jpg

Guest gabo

you just quoted urself

Street cre? LOLOLOLOL!! It didn't take place in the "hip hop world", anyway...they hung out in house music venues...so, no one was looking for (worthless) cred in the hip hop world...lolololol. Once again misinterpreting things, nice job. No one fucked anyone....since when does "hanging out" mean fuck??

Once again, you cease to make sence.

adopt-infant.jpg

adopt-infant.jpg

i just wanna say sorry for all the shit that i posted on this thread..........when i really looked at the big picture it aint about bragging, it's about being proud of where we come from...... i know i rep the yankees like i'm playin first base for the team.....i should be doin the same for all those homegrown nyc clubs that we all knew and loved......

once again my bad

Appology not accepted. This a forum, and I am all for freedom of speech. Talk, brag, diss, discuss whatever you feel like discussing. I felt like bragging about my pup...I did it with pictures.

...........and all those gorrillas belong to Rachel Hunt's (super model) gorrilla foundation. In case you want to support them in any way.

The thing we should appologize about is hijacking this thread. lol. All in good fun.

Well when the dance scene here was thriving, the big clubs were more unique and original (e.g. Twilo, Tunnel, Limelight, USA, Palladium, etc.). You can't be a leader in the scene by putting chain style clubs all over the place....Crobar, Avalon, Pacha, and Spirit are not original concepts; they all originated elsewhere and exist elsewhere. If NYC wants to be the dance mecca it once was, they need to do something more interesting than using a concept that's already out there. They need to push the envelope a little bit and become more creative.

AmEN!

Crobar, Avalon, Pacha, and Spirit are not original concepts; they all originated elsewhere and exist elsewhere. If NYC wants to be the dance mecca it once was, they need to do something more interesting than using a concept that's already out there. They need to push the envelope a little bit and become more creative.
You might be right but I'm afraid the money needed to be able to start such a club is now so big that it's over and done with.

On the other hand, NYC creativity could be left to promoters/djs and those big clubs could let them lead the way.

Investors are too afraid to start something in NYC without testing it somewhere else. It's too risky for some.

We've become too technically advanced for our own good. Ever been to Space in Miam with that cold mist they spray on everyone? Lighting, sound, layout....all trying to top the next guy.

In this era, we expect more and get bored faster. It should be more about the music....but, it's obviously not.

"Back in tha day"...like the Tunnel and Paladium era...it was so damn dark you couldn't see shit...so the only sensual experiences you had was good music, good lighting and some stranger grabbing your ass in the dark...and that worked for some reason.

Beware.jpg

Happy Holidays!roxy1231mincopy.jpg

"Back in tha day"...like the Tunnel and Paladium era...it was so damn dark you couldn't see shit...so the only sensual experiences you had was good music, good lighting and some stranger grabbing your ass in the dark...and that worked for some reason.

so what you are saying is, you liked getting your ass grabbed in the dark by strangers..... :3some: