Clubplanet Nightlife Community

therapy@gryphon- a review with the kid....

colione98

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The DJ has been an invaluable instrument in treating uneducated club goers. Therefore, there is no question that the relationship between music and clubbers will blossom. As JoJo Flores continues to rebut the sins of our untrained mind and souls, the combination will demonstrate the effects of music therapy".

---The Original Kid Colione

Ladies and Gents, I bring to you “Therapy @ Gryphon- a review with the kidâ€â€¦.

After battling the tremendous traffic at the Rock, I finally made it to the office at approximately 00:25. The attendant at the front desk notified me that they were no longer accepting walk-ins as of 00:00. He mentioned that although they were no longer accepting walk-ins, I could be seen that night for a fee. Being that I was in need of my weekly therapy, I opted to go ahead and pay the damn fee. The price you pay for being late… Oh, well. :yuck:

I immediately made way to the therapy hall and was surrounded by an extremely large gathering of rejoicing patients. I quickly approached the surgical desk and met with 4 notable professionals known as: The General Surgeon himself- JoJo Flores along with his immediate advisor Dr. Swank, and of course the hosts of the evening and renowned scholars, The Next Generation.

Dr. Aaron offered me a drink and ensured me that such nonsense at the front desk would never occur especially, not on his watch. He then proceeded to fill me in on details pertaining to the NG’s future projects and goals. I am not at liberty to disclose much of the information per our convo but I will say this- be on the look out.

As for my first drink of the evening, I had a shot of tequila and a tequila-coke to chase. Not really a choice of most but that’s how the kid does it…

While sipping on my chaser, I could not help but to notice the sounds being produced by the General. It was based on a mixture of Latin/afro/deep/percussive and arabatic elements. It made me reminisce of my time spent at the Bedside Supper Club in Bangkok, Thailand.- but when I opened my eyes, I quickly realized that I was no longer in the sin city capital of the world cause everyone was fully dressed… :)

After but a few moments, the shot began to kick in and that’s when I took the floor. Aligning my self front and centered to the booth as always, I really began to feel the tunes. The mixing was smooth and volume well balanced. He methodically raised the level and brought it down a notch as to not disrupt the current mood. He created a continuous vibe as by which he would raise the level then lower it. He would then raise it pass the previous level of rising then lowered it but still being above the previous level of lowering. (somebody explain that in shorter words) :)

Along with the live percussions at play, one could only hope for the level to be once again raised and that only track to be introduced but yet keeping with in his building block. And then he did... Yes, sir, he dropped the unexpected, “casa salsaâ€- colione’s dub re-edit of the current Soul purpose -“Salsa Houseâ€. Hoping that he would further intensify the current vibe, he slightly disappointed by again lowering the level. He continued this path throughout the evening at which the patients so graciously enjoyed at a steady rate.

At about 0300, Dr. Mikkel of NG took over and began to deliver some power latin funk at which this point was needed. From there came some vocal electro, bass funk and funky tribal- and as always, the Next Generation has quite a few patients in the reserve offices. Therefore, it is necessary that in keeping with the traditions of their brotherhood, they deliver properly.

In conclusion, I must remain impartial to fairness for it has not a name in this game. But with reason, JoJo Flores stood his ground and played “his†set. In all honesty, I too hoped for a change rather than a steady dose of percussion throughout the night. But mind you, he did not come to play the expected or reach out from his element and compromise his method of approach. He simply came to perform his duties and to do what he does best. And that ladies and gents, was to perform musical therapy.

Now, some may oppose my views and state that the General Surgeon should have played for the Rock and bring about more funky or progressive flavors if you will. I say, in due time ladies and gents, in due time. And as he continues to learn the needs of his patients, he will. But for now, as so thoroughly advertised, let it be known that the Surgeon’s visit was a well paid one. Gotsoul anyone?

The kid…..