Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I am confused.... Dj's who "dont do it in one take"??

edubz

Don't me wrong....they are not ALL fakes but computers are used to enhance something that didn't come out so good.

Why should I re-do the whole mix if only two mixes came out fucked-up I have this technology right here that will let me fix the problem in minutes....

So it comes down to ethics and opinions....i would call it dishonest while you might call it convenience.

I dont understand how you can fix a mix? unless you start the song over and get the blend correct?

because once the mix is on 2 tracks, being left and right, you cant just add stuff, unless you start from the middle of the song and fix where you fucked up, then go back, copy and paste the new half of a song, onto your new mix...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unless you start from the middle of the song and fix where you fucked up, then go back, copy and paste the new half of a song, onto your new mix...

you answered your own question....once something is in protools, logic, DP you can make micro volumes adjusments with automation, fade chunks of audio together and make it sound like a "dj" mix. if you know how to do it, it's quite simple. how do you think all these mash-ups are done?

you are mixing on screen

you answered your own question....once something is in protools, logic, DP you can make micro volumes adjusments with automation, fade chunks of audio together and make it sound like a "dj" mix. if you know how to do it, it's quite simple. how do you think all these mash-ups are done?

you are mixing on screen

ok, I understand now.

a Dj starts a set, and for the first lets say 30 minutes, every blend is good, until 49 miuntes, the beats falls off ...

so they finish the mix, 1 hour and 15 minutes.

they go back to that song at the 49 minute mark, play that song, and the other song, and blend into together, and then delete the part they fucked up at, and insert the new 2 tracks they just did...

kind of takes away from the whole "live" aspect of djing though

ok, I understand now.

a Dj starts a set, and for the first lets say 30 minutes, every blend is good, until 49 miuntes, the beats falls off ...

so they finish the mix, 1 hour and 15 minutes.

they go back to that song at the 49 minute mark, play that song, and the other song, and blend into together, and then delete the part they fucked up at, and insert the new 2 tracks they just did...

kind of takes away from the whole "live" aspect of djing though

honey that's what everyone is arguing about....how it takes away from the truly live aspect of it all.

many rock bands use protools to mix on or to try diffrent arrangements of songs but after the album is done you don't see them going back because the lead guiterist fucked up his part.

that is why you record diff. intruments on diff. channels and mix everything together. so if the guitar is fucked up the guitarist is going to have to re-record unitl he get it right!

practice makes perfect!!

what are you trying to do, get your lil' brother laid, lol? i don't see his avatar and if you refer me to somewhere else to see it you are wrongly assuming that i really care to see it. carry on.

actually hes my older brother and he got most likely to suceed in our private high school

I guess I can see your point edubz. I don't think it really takes away any aspect though. Well it might take away the live part of it but it adds other aspects. Doing things on the computer adds things that are impossible to do live which adds a little spice to the music. It's time for a little change sometimes in this world.

I guess I can see your point edubz. I don't think it really takes away any aspect though. Well it might take away the live part of it but it adds other aspects. Doing things on the computer adds things that are impossible to do live which adds a little spice to the music. It's time for a little change sometimes in this world.

technology will always add to the music sure, but it veres off in a negative direction when you present something which is not completely true, like saying the mix is recorded "live"

and honestly, you guys are fucking idiots.

Do you really think that when you buy a mix cd that is an hour long, they just let the dj spin for an hour? LMFAO

same with ktu crap.. you are def hearing mixes that were already mixed and computerized